Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: AVATAR LEGEND  (Read 12946 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« on: September 05, 2017, 12:20:20 am »

A Collection Of Short Stories

Bay 12 Games Forum, Forum Games and Roleplaying, Roll To Dodge
Posted 2017
This is an amateur publication, not for profit and not intended to infringe on any other legally existing copyrights.

To those that came before, are here today, and have yet to come who find themselves adrift on a voyage to another land...

"As for what this world is, it is a composite dimension.
A mixture of worlds all rolled into one.
However, they aren't YOUR worlds, per say.
Just parts of very similar universes."
-Lun, Realmologist

« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:21:53 am by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.
'No.' is a complete sentence. —Mary Kate & Ashley

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: roseheart plays his own game
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2017, 12:22:36 am »

Welcome!

Character Sheets
OOC Discussion & Planning

Read the newest chapter start, it will contain everything you need to know in regards to the story and special rules the current host has set up.

Style Scheme
  • (( Use double parenthesis for a OOC comment. ))

Quoting is allowed, but discouraged when not necessary. Especially, specifically, large bodies.

• "Use quotation marks for dialogue."

• Use bold for a turn action and getting the GM's attention.

• Use plain text - or italic - for narration. Basically anything else.

Related Works

Table of Contents
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:17:31 pm by roseheart »
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by a lack of knowledge or understanding. Maybe your own.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: AVATAR LEGEND [IC]
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 03:21:52 am »

Well, before we start, Roseheart had me write a foreword for this, given how I was one of the first players in the game as it was on the normal Forum Games board. So, here you go.

Well, for this foreword, I want to say welcome, first of all. The old game was great, amazing even. But it certainly felt like a spin-off, and with that was a lack of really concrete rules. I don't know if that's what killed it, but interest did die out. For this game, however, the character sheet and rules look very promising, and from my experiences with roseheart on both the game I've GM'd with them, games I've played with them, and games I've been in that they've GM'd, I feel confident they can pull this off. Maybe with their help, and of course the wonderful and creative imaginations of the different users on here, this can become our "We Are Our Avatars" of Bay12; the next Avatar-based long runner that'll stand the test of time and be remembered by players and GMs alike as a great experience. But, we all have to start somewhere.

Now, as for my Avatar, I'm actually thinking of changing it. Mostly because it'd be a nice change of pace. That, and I want to try out the new Character Sheets Roseheart made. :)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 09:44:38 pm »

Thanks Greatness ;)
For this sequel, I wanted to both make the job of the storyteller easier aswell as refine the standard gameplay to be simple enough for players to also feel empowered to engage with gameplay, just as much as the roleplaying. Ideally going hand in hand. At the time of this posting, that road has begun with a fairly vanilla RTD standard, however I know it has room to grow, to enable more potential. The original game was a frenzy of ideas and experiementation, of trying new things and being open to the possible. Can we do it again? I'm counting on it.

I'd like to thank Greatness942 and NJW2000 for their prereview of the setup. Asin for striking out while the iron was hot and forging the original session, even if he won't be making plans to continue. Last I heard, he was prepping a starship... The original players and storytellers. Well enough of that. Let's get started, shall we?

Once upon a time, in lands far, far away war raged on and battles were fought by The Avatars among themselves. Some united: a dwarf and some found friends turned away from the rest and decided to explore a new world, an island. Full of surpising locations and natives, aswell as the arrival of mysterious cosmic beings, new friends and enemies were made of each. The Avatars defended and protected the island and each other best they could. The island seemed sick: strange machines of an older time that were quietly protecting the island were breaking down, from sobotage. It seemed the forces of destruction were too crafty. A once-sealed evil broke free, and pulled the strings of the The Avatars like puppets. As the fiend controlled one after another, the dwarf broke the battle with a tense truce and the entity left to seek a stronger body elsewhere...

However this is just one story. Just one island.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Pale Blue Dot
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: AVATAR LEGEND [IC] (Coming Soon)
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 11:49:40 pm »

Here: Tears from the Sky
Next: Swallowed by the Fish

Chapter 1
W/Ss ON
AMMO OFF
ABILITIES OFF

Be sure to complete your character sheet before joining. New characters should start outside.
Returning characters will get special instructions.

Rains poor, poor down soaking the mountainside plains. There is a fortress of some kind whos entrance lies before you, gapping like a fish mouth.

(D3) The opening is blocked by a large stone from a minor avalanche.

You need to get out of the rain.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 05:46:17 pm by roseheart »

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2017, 12:59:50 am »

OOC: This is an uber poor explanation but one is needed so shrugs.

IC:  We leave one of ourselves in a burrow outside gasse's laboratory our handler having recently opened the insect cages nearly assures us that when our psychic link is broken that we shall both be safe.

We slit apart, for only the second time in my existance I am alone, the jungle is much larger than I imigined it from within the vivarium, I crawl along the Forrest floor until I reach a sturdy tree, I proceed to hook my claws into its rough bark and clamber my way up into the branches, from there I spy a stone building, and no people or animals anywhere near it.

Out of curiosity, and well concealed I call out: " Do any other fools treasspass amongst this forest?"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 01:31:42 am »

Blake shakes her head and looks around, the rain falling around her and over every tree. "What the...I need to get out this rain," she says, before examining the fortress closer. "There has to be another way in," she thinks, looking it over.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 02:07:20 am »

I spy what looks to me to be from a distance, a human I clamber from tree to tree until I'm as close to her position as I can before leaning down and calling a gravely voice " Hey, you down there! Would you happen to know directions from...whatever this *snort of disgust* place is would you?"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 02:57:53 am »

"Uh, sorry, no, I just got-" Blake says, looking up to see something leering down at her. "What the...? What are you? Who are you?"

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2017, 03:45:22 am »

"Who am I ?Not a bad question overall fleshpuppet, call me whatever you would prefer. My last caretaker is gone and I am once more an independent prince, but I have long since forgotten what my birth name was"

I begin to slowly climb down the trunk "as for WHAT I am....for all intents and pourposes I still consider myself a man, just one the gods took notice of, wether you consider me cursed or blessed is a matter of personal opinion"

I stop just seven feet up still not quite  trusting this stranger.

"Now then, What are you and where might we be, I have a feeling I am not in Egypt anymore".
« Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 03:55:34 am by Paxiecrunchle »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2017, 03:58:58 am »

"The...gods? Okay." Blake simply says, unable to really continue on with that train of thought. "I'm Blake. I don't know where we are, um...is there a name you'd prefer to go by?"

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2017, 04:26:18 am »

I respond once more" call me Leonard thenmy previous caretaker would've appreciated it..."
I scramble down another few feet before jumping, and running up to the stone building, I stop for a second to breath and then climb up to eye level with the strange being

"So again, what and who are you? You resemble a woman, but I have seen a decent number over the centuries, none with eyes of gold and almost none with hairless and smooth skin...."

I trail off "I suppose it matters little..... what we both need right now is shelter....I don't suppose you can climb, can you!"

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 04:31:24 am »

"Okay...Leonard." While Blake is still clearly unnerved by the creature, she keeps her resolve in spite of both the rain and Leonard now being at eye level. "Well, Blake is my name. I'm..." she trails, and while she is deep in thought, you can see the bow atop her head twitch slightly. "Human. Let me put it that way. I thought my eyes were natural for my race, though."

After he trails off, she says "I can climb, yeah. Just don't know how to get in afterwards. That's what I'm scoping the place out for."

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 02:22:02 pm »

"Fascinating,  for both our sakes, I will look for a way in, I'll come back here if one happens exist."

I proceed to clamber of the building and desperately search for any cracks or crevices that might be large enough to fit a human woman through.

OOC: iIm pretty sure we need the host now.

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 02:31:50 pm »

Blake nods and continues looking for an entrance from ground level.

((Yeah, we need Roseheart. Unless it's like the old game where non-hosts can create elements. But that might be too chaotic.))
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10