Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: hallucinations  (Read 789 times)

Gigabytebob

• Bay Watcher
  • Thief! Protect the hoard from skulking filth!
    • View Profile
hallucinations
« on: September 10, 2017, 03:29:06 am »

basically a new randomly generated syndrome that causes dwarfs and other creatures to hallucination like one hallucinations could make dwaves ignore holes and just walk into them or maybe another makes them see everything as demons and they go berserk or they hide in fear or they see water as magma and they die of thirst or maybe one makes them lose fear the possibility's are endless
and they could effect you in adventure mode like one minute your walking through an evil cloud and the next minute you see you companions as giant frogs
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 03:31:15 am by Gigabytebob »
adamantine, the only material that can be honed to an edge so fine it can cut light, cleave steel like butter, and sever heads with the enthusiasm of a deranged bloodthirsty child.

Turn those goblinoid uglybolds into adorable cutebolds

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: hallucinations
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 01:17:52 pm »

There's already am ERRATIC_BEHAVIOR syndrome effect that causes similar effects. Doesn't make your dwarves see each other as giant frogs, but makes them wander around crazily attacking people and animals.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
Re: hallucinations
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 12:18:25 am »

Nethack has something like this, where if you are hallucinating you see each creature as a random other creature, sometimes unique imaginary ones that don't appear normally.  I could see DF doing something like this, both for adventurers and AI.