Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18

Author Topic: AVATAR PROPHECY  (Read 16935 times)

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
  • Mood: Cautiously Optomistic
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« on: September 06, 2017, 03:52:00 am »

Avatar Legend: OOC Discussion & Planning

Once upon a time, there was a dwarf. He was not like his band, eager to wage war and conquer every man, beast and realm in his path- No, he wanted out, so he left. He took a ship and fled, along with other travelers. And while he did not find safety in the new world, he, and others would begin an incredible adventure...

The Avatar vs Avatar spin-off continues!...

Get ready-

Character Sheet
IC Thread

This RTD is hosted in a succession format meaning turns will be taken in telling the story. You do not ever have to do this if you don't want to.

A host has 3 days from the 1st player action to publish the next update. After this passing a new host can take over the story where they left off.

When a battle or situation has ended or changed significantly, the host should summarize what happened in the last chapter and give it a name. The newest chapter is simply called the "current chapter".

Sometimes something may come up and you are unable to finish hosting, that's ok. If you are invested in some plot, you may wish to designate someone as keeper of these "secret notes" so a new host can PM them when you are offline.

You can also give general directions here, such as which characters to avoid using or what set pieces you have plans for. But do try to be flexible.

Spoiler: World (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 04:52:21 pm by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism
Currently listening to: Goldeneye Menu

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
Re: AVATAR LEGEND [OOC]
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 04:34:23 am »

I hope you don't mind, but I took a couple liberties to have more detail, since having a character with a lot of detailing seems important. I'll PM this to you, as well, since I didn't think of these until I actually began filling them out.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 12:41:54 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 04:42:07 am »

I would say before taking a roll, you could/should argue how one of your character strengths should help you.

Your abilities are considered an extra, and by default are turned off, other than flavor.
Awesome With Autism

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 04:49:28 am »

"I would say before taking a roll, you could/should argue how one of your character strengths should help you."

That sounds like a decent idea.

"Your abilities are considered an extra, and by default are turned off, other than flavor."

...Elaborate.
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 04:52:04 am »

Here's an idea, here's a thought. So each character having abilities is going to be too much for some people if they want to tell a story it's just too much to deal with. But other host might be willing to take it on. So we'll just keep that in mind going forward, OK?
Awesome With Autism

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 04:55:56 am »

Sounds fine to me. I'm a GM/Player who likes and can handle the individual abilities and special traits, so that's why I put it. Ergo, putting it into the compromise of "It's the GM's decision" sounds fine to me.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 04:59:06 am »

Ability segment added to sheet.

going to bed, will finish setting things up tomorrow.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2017, 06:23:47 am by roseheart »
Awesome With Autism

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2017, 01:58:34 pm »

One thing I'm having trouble with is...thinking of spiritual weaknesses.

Could we have an example or two?

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2017, 03:54:21 pm »

Being in a polluted environment, Working with others, Too much walking. The #1 thing that makes them unhappy.

More likely a thing that is part of who they are, and not a character flaw they may overcome eventually.
Awesome With Autism

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2017, 10:32:47 pm »

here it is after many edits because I simply could not grasp the form at the beginning of this game I could've avoided a lot of trouble if I had simply asked about it earlier.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 07:47:33 pm by Paxiecrunchle »

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2017, 10:54:11 pm »

Respawn: None of these fit his character very well.
Weaknesses
What did you have in mind?

Weaknesses
Physical: Is cold blooded, increased weakness to the cold of ice based attacks, cannot breath while running.
Mental: Enjoys mocking others even when not to his own benefit, Great appetite.
Spiritual (I'm going to have to wing this a bit) Despises astrology?)

Strengths.
Physical. Is an amazing climber, can sprint with incredible speed for his size, operates more efficiently in warm climates due to being cold blooded.
Mental: Extremley patient, Good memory, not squeamish
Abilities: Two bodies that share consciousness , head tentacle can suck fluids
Spiritual: Has a nigh unbreakable belief in fulfilling his love struck destiny?
Strengths: Greatly enjoys the pursuit of knowledge,values love
Just be sure the Most important strength or weakness is at the front of the list.
Awesome With Autism

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2017, 11:21:01 pm »

I imagined it has sort of like it, extra life sort of deal.

You see, throughout the video game there's almost never just one seaman,  they're almost always at least two (to produce more podmen,lizardmen,toadmen,etc)that share the same mind, Canossa probably reproduce himself asexually.

So imagine this, one of the two lizard man has a hatch and go through it's skull as long as the other escapes the character is...well alive but might have to start a whole convoluted lifecycle over again
to get a new mate, if the main body dies then... well it would be almost the same as permadeath is it earlier stages are different enough that I'd have to load a whole new avatar to simulate it, and In his early stages he would extremely vunerable.

This would make it very hard for him to get two bodies again unless he was very stealthy about it.

I also don't think it's terribly unfair given that he can't really hold any weapons other than his own claws. His main strenths being speed and ability to move easily in high temperatures with little strain.

As for the strengths and weaknesses I consider all of that stuff important, but yes the physical stuff probably is the most important I just hadn't started that way soon as the categories would be easy to read, or so I hoped.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2017, 12:01:41 am »

As for the strengths and weaknesses I consider all of that stuff important, but yes the physical stuff probably is the most important I just hadn't started that way soon as the categories would be easy to read, or so I hoped.

One of each category is important, aka "Greatest". Be sure to have the greatest clearly pronounced, as others may not factor in. Also consider if something is a passive strength or an active ability.

I imagined it has sort of like it, extra life sort of deal.

I see, so kind of like you have NPC copies, and when you die you can swap. This would be an ability.

When abilities are not allowed, it means you are either the last one, or the others are far away/not relavant to the current chapter.

Both the Valkyrie and Reaper offer an extra life option. If you wish you can roleplay that as you rejoin you are actually a different copy.

This is just for Ability OFF chapters, I know Greatness is eager to turn ON those abilities. For choose which respawn option works with this.
Awesome With Autism

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2017, 12:08:03 am »

I'm confused about this on again off again abilities thing, but if the abilities are distrupted or something we'll go with contract, he's already done something to get the gods favor and be granted a sort of raised pseudo immortality so it sounds like him.

As for that other stuff, Im hoping making these edits is allowed, greatssts will now have exclaimation points around them.

RoseHeart

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Forum Game Portfolio
« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2017, 12:28:03 am »

Looks good! Thanks.

Are you ready?
Awesome With Autism
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 18