Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: [WIP] Online 3D map viewer  (Read 12434 times)

Lord_lemonpie

• Bay Watcher
  • disco-froggin' since 2013
    • View Profile
Re: [WIP] Online 3D map viewer
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 07:36:02 am »

Ptw, very promising!

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
  • Spooky cart at distance
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 07:55:13 am »

Hm, sure. Succession...Ah, but I guess 42 and 37 year forts aren't exact matches. Here you go (19,8 MB).

Not that it has "all the glass stuff", tbh. Mostly floors and walls, some doors and other clear glass buildings.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 08:33:28 am »

Hm, sure. Succession...Ah, but I guess 42 and 37 year forts aren't exact matches. Here you go (19,8 MB).

Not that it has "all the glass stuff", tbh. Mostly floors and walls, some doors and other clear glass buildings.

Thanks. Fortifications were not getting proper colour at all, fixed that. Also somehow your re-upload didn't have transparency for them anyway, here it looks correct I think http://assets.mifki.com/df3dview/#key=44e7dbf527bd74b1 The old fortification model may still be in browser cache though.

As for the empty tiles, it's my not so clever algorithm for skipping invisible tiles that sometimes skips extra, in that case press escape and uncheck Culling in top-right corner, this may degrade performance though.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2017, 08:43:52 am »

Aha, Competition, lovely.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2017, 10:10:52 am »

That link sort of worked?

||

The glass fortification is transparent, but still not green (they're all white). Personally, I blame firefox.

ic about invisibility
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:13:13 am by Fleeting Frames »

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2017, 10:38:52 am »

Here's a new important feature.. well, not for people on this subforum though. Now people not using DFHack can just upload a save which will be automatically processed and made available for viewing. Experimental, subject to the server performance and traffic limits.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2017, 04:44:19 pm »

Here's a new important feature.. well, not for people on this subforum though. Now people not using DFHack can just upload a save which will be automatically processed and made available for viewing. Experimental, subject to the server performance and traffic limits.
That's a great feature. Not everyone uses Dfhack. Even amongst those who use the Utilities forum...(?!).

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2017, 10:27:22 pm »

Today's changes - little window in bottom-right with info about the tile the camera is pointing at (will be more useful once I transfer and can show full material details). And also now can press M to jump to z-level of the tile the camera is pointing at.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 05:05:54 am »

Testing M...Huh, that didn't mean what I expected (expected it to move the PoV to ocean floor, it instead removed every z-level above ocean floor). It miiight be neat to have a way to undo/add a lot of z-levels back just as quickly too, though ultimately one would still look at everything anyway.
That's a great feature. Not everyone uses Dfhack. Even amongst those who use the Utilities forum...(?!).
I expect this will be more useful when there's once again a new DF version without dfhack not caught up.

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 05:20:31 am »

Testing M...Huh, that didn't mean what I expected (expected it to move the PoV to ocean floor, it instead removed every z-level above ocean floor). It miiight be neat to have a way to undo/add a lot of z-levels back just as quickly too, though ultimately one would still look at everything anyway.

Yeah, that's the way to change the top zlevel quickly as going through each of them is slow. To quickly go up you can use N - it changes  the top zlevel to the position of the camera (which you can move up/down quickly). I know it's a bit ugly but I couldn't think of anything better so far. I wanted to make a vertical slider to show current zlevel and change it, but the mouse pointer is locked so that's impossible. It'll get better when/if I make changing zlevels with -/+ faster.

Fleeting Frames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2017, 05:43:33 am »

Ah, I see.

Regarding +- and scrolling, three possibilities spring to mind immediately:
For ±, determine the z-level it goes to onkeydown (with repeating), and rerender the map onkeyup.
Use shift + ± to scroll, like in DF.
Release pointer and display vertical slider when, say, Z is held down.

There's surely others, but those seem like immediate options.

Salmeuk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2017, 02:26:16 pm »

Hey Mifki, thanks for this! SO easy to use, and I like that it takes care of the uploading process. I used it to demonstrate to my friends what exactly I was building in DF.

Even the most humble of fledgling fortresses are interesting to look at:

http://assets.mifki.com/df3dview/#key=56472fa935f637a3

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2017, 05:40:43 am »

I gave it a try on my tablet...

The viewer was kinda slow to load, but that was probably my slow connection. Once loaded the image looked good, but the FPS counter read 0 and it was not possible to interact with the viewer, even with a keyboard attached. Well, that is not quite right. If I tapped on the FPS counter is cycled between several other status displays, none of which had anything interesting going on. Cycling the staus displays was quick and smooth, so the input issues probably were not caused by lag.

What I did see looked really cool though! I can totally see this replaceing the DFMA, particularly since DFMA is flash based... (or at least it was last time I checked)
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

mifki

• Bay Watcher
  • works secretly...
    • View Profile
    • mifki
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2017, 06:32:23 am »

I gave it a try on my tablet...

What kind of tablet? It's probably something to do with controls. On iPhone it says the browser doesn't support "pointer lock API", which is expected as it's all different on touch devices. However loading time was so long it's basically unusable anyway. A native app is needed, which I can easily do for iOS if people start using this as I'll have the code for inclusion in DF Remote anyway.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2017, 04:34:32 pm »

Android 6.0.1, specifically a zenpad z10. (using chrome mobile)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 04:37:00 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 [2] 3