Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62302 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #180 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:55 pm »

maybe I'm just slow, but I'm not entirely sure how to safely remove this simple door trap.

remove the door knob? the inside part would fall, pulling the string and triggering the mechanism.
cut the wire through the gap between door and frame? is there enough gap? possibly i would push the wire enough to trigger it
drill a hole in the door to access the string? is the door wooden? do I have a tool for that?
cut through the doorknob to unlatch the door without turning the knob? doesn't really solve the issue. THe wire would still be there and would trigger on opening the door.

Seems I am missing something simple, but I don't know what.
Just roll for it :P
Specifics may help or add to the roll though, but if you don't know--your character may!

I wonder how much glory Edward is gonna walk away from this mission with. I wonder ... mision aint over until an officer is yelling at us back at HQ, so there's still time for ... accidents.
Enough to make us who are dead wish we weren't -.-
And to ponder on WHAT things to requisition that would help <_>
I hope people are using that radio right. It is silly for me to ask Glory for it, which I'd dispense on our dead people who still want to play
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 06:32:13 am by Tiruin »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 09, 2017, 08:31:44 am »

Hey, PW. Who was that ooc thread reminder aimed at? us guys chatting at the table? someone else making IC conversation without bolded actions? I don't see anything much of late that was ooc. Well, maybe my stuff about tagging our squads, and someone's bolded statement about editing their post.

Or was this a general "Oh, hey, you guys forget this thing exists?"

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: November 12, 2017, 04:16:45 pm »

hmm. Alright, here's all the weird stuff I can recall that we've discovered so far on ship:
1 fully functional human with a fully functional radio for a head
1 dome of storm, including rain, lightning, and hail
1 calm patch under the dome, centered roughly on the ship, I assume
1 burned/melted handprint in the safety railing on deck
1 disemboweled, frozen, and apparently electrocuted teammate, dangling from his own entrails, roughly underneath the melted handprint
1 footprint, on the wall aft and above the handprint. looks to have been made in teh same way as the handprint: melting
1 Mysterious, dexterous Being. Affinity for high places
2 unknown, apparently Russian, names on the kitchen staff roster.
(numerous) missing officers
oh, and also the communications intereference.

I think the crew's wearabouts do not qualify as mysterious - we've seen kitchen staff and others in places yo uwould expect night shift crew to be, and the opening of this event included us hanging around in the mess hall long after everyone else had headed off to bed. so, unless the crew quarters havebeen investigated (not just hte officers' quarters) I'm saying the crew have not mysteriously disappeared or anything.

looks like we have four anomalies:
1) storm dome. I'm gonna assume this or the lightning dude is responsible for the comms trouble and not count that as a separate anomaly.
2) lightning dude. Entered the ship by climbing the rail, killing and throwing overboard the crewman who was misfortunate enough to be there, climbed the exterior wall to the mast
3) missing officers. Could be a number of explanations for this. Most likely: convenient plot device to keep them out of harm's way and out of reach for us to rely on.
4) the Russian kitchen people. Seems like a more normal mystery there. Sure, the Russians were our allies, but they could easily be spies. And unrelated to the current shenanigans

So far, Team Goldbrick has been informed of exactly nothing of interest. That is, we've basically been told: "outside it's weird, and people are spooked." And we've been told that by a) Mr Paranoia Newbie, and b) Tinfoil Weirdo Newbie.

So you can see why Team Goldbrick has yet to take any of this seriously, from an IC point of view.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #183 on: November 12, 2017, 05:01:39 pm »

Hey, PW. Who was that ooc thread reminder aimed at? us guys chatting at the table? someone else making IC conversation without bolded actions? I don't see anything much of late that was ooc. Well, maybe my stuff about tagging our squads, and someone's bolded statement about editing their post.

Or was this a general "Oh, hey, you guys forget this thing exists?"
The second one. Someone literally PM'd me to remind ME it existed and asked it be put on the OP. So I did so and reminded everyone else at the same time.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 12, 2017, 09:19:25 pm »

4) the Russian kitchen people. Seems like a more normal mystery there. Sure, the Russians were our allies, but they could easily be spies. And unrelated to the current shenanigans
Someone's paranoid in bias :P
Also don't tell me we're like the minor mooks in a DC/Marvel Captain America or something film :P

Because that one dude and footprint that's mentioned to only...about 2 characters (until they told everyone[?] else but the Mess Hall folks), seems really problematic.

That, and I'm pretty sure I can assume I told the Mess Hall folks something unless Piece said otherwise. It's that he didn't mention that (despite it being in my action too). .-.;

dustywayfarer

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking since 2009
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2017, 10:46:45 pm »

Also don't tell me we're like the minor mooks in a DC/Marvel Captain America or something film :P

Because that one dude and footprint that's mentioned to only...about 2 characters (until they told everyone[?] else but the Mess Hall folks), seems really problematic.

That, and I'm pretty sure I can assume I told the Mess Hall folks something unless Piece said otherwise. It's that he didn't mention that (despite it being in my action too). .-.;
Really Problematic

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 13, 2017, 08:16:27 am »

I'm not sure what you mean here. Am I biased against Russians? No. DO i know a thing or two about history, and the resolution of WWII and the inception of a little thing known as the Cold War? yes. I'm reasonably certain that spying was going on on both sides even at this point in history.

it is the Patented Piecewise Halloween Hullabaloo, after all. That spooky lightning guy is probably trouble. But we don't exactly have a Captain America to combat him with ...

Haven't got a clue what you might have told the mess hall gang. Last I knew, you had wandered into the kitchen, dressed in tinfoil, wandered down to the officers' quarters, and then returned. Nothing you found seems to directly connect with the events outside. I think now is the first time you've gone topside yourself, so far.

So, your character's report (if I remember events) seems to consist mostly of "well, the kitchen is quiet, and we can't find the officers."

If I am wrong on that, I'd be happy for a quick summary of things your character knows, that she has reported to the mess hall gang, so I can act appropriately IC.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 16, 2017, 08:58:11 am »

Seriously Tiruin, what information did you ever give the card players? I'm genuinely asking here. I am neither being sarcastic, nor dismissive.

I just don't know, since it was lost in a wall of text amid a bunch of other posts.

Again: as far as I know, Ed has no IC reason to run out there and help you guys.
Well, except the gunshots, but as far as Ed knows, one team led by a paranoid newbie just shot up the other team led by a tinfoil lunatic.
In other words, Ed thinks that was friendly fire and not worth getting shot over.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 16, 2017, 09:04:49 am »

Seriously Tiruin, what information did you ever give the card players? I'm genuinely asking here. I am neither being sarcastic, nor dismissive.

I just don't know, since it was lost in a wall of text amid a bunch of other posts.
Go back, and identify everything you said to the card players. Like I said in ooc. Otherwise, nah, not hunting through pages of text to find out what you might have maybe said at some point or another. and the gunshots happened last turn so it's not like we're just sitting around while the ship sinks or something. Seriously, either give us the information we need to act on, or quit griping about us not acting on it.
Did a bolded portion of 'tell the Mess Hall people we're headed to the back' is all :P I put it as an action along Strider03's post when he notified everyone about a possible lead at the rear of the destroyer.

And nobody said anything as a response. :'(

Again: as far as I know, Ed has no IC reason to run out there and help you guys.
Well, except the gunshots, but as far as Ed knows, one team led by a paranoid newbie just shot up the other team led by a tinfoil lunatic.
In other words, Ed thinks that was friendly fire and not worth getting shot over.
You...think someone shooting a gun, armed on a destroyer, isn't weird? :P
As I recall, some semi-automatic (I'm unsure, it was written 'spray of bullets', so I didn't initially assume 'pistol shooting) weaponry weren't given to normal crew back then. But it's pieceworld, so hum! :I

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 16, 2017, 09:15:04 am »

Okay, so you came through the mess hall and told us you were going somewhere else. Understood.

What of it? Were we supposed to think "huh, that's weird. Those newbies who are looking for trouble are moving around?"

As for the gunshots: no, you are right. Gunshots on a Destroyer are out of place, except in battle.

But, as I said: you guys split up into two teams of lunatics and then separated. then you come through and rejoin the others, at which point - gunshots.

It's reasonable to assume one group of you surprised another group of you and someone panicked.

We in the mess hall haven't been told about:
1) the weird storm
2) the dead body
3) the handprint
4) the footprint
5) the guy on the mainmast
6) the fright of the rest of the crew
7) the dome of stillness surrounding the ship.

From your own admission, all we know is:
1) Team A went topside
2) Team B went front, then topside and back
3) gunshots from where Team B followed Team A

Again, Ed, for one, isn't sandbagging. He just does not think anything supernatural or unexplained has happened, and he thinks all the drama has been the result of overactive imaginations.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 16, 2017, 09:36:44 am »

The only person who knows about the mainmast guy IC is Charlie, actually. We ignored his miming.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 16, 2017, 10:26:27 am »

It's reasonable to assume one group of you surprised another group of you and someone panicked.
Why is it reasonable to even assume we'd be armed against other people on the ship? I'm feeling metaknowledge bleeding in here.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 16, 2017, 10:46:19 am »

Why is it reasonable to even assume we'd be armed against other people on the ship? I'm feeling metaknowledge bleeding in here.
::) You've carried your weapons around this whole time. Or did you go exploring without your stuff? :o I don't recall anyone saying they went exploring without their stuff. In fact, I do recall people saying they were pointing their guns at stuff.

Ed has eyes.
Groups of armed newbies carrying weapons and acting paranoid.

Hardly meta  ::)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 16, 2017, 12:32:04 pm »

::) You've carried your weapons around this whole time. Or did you go exploring without your stuff? :o I don't recall anyone saying they went exploring without their stuff. In fact, I do recall people saying they were pointing their guns at stuff.

Ed has eyes.
Groups of armed newbies carrying weapons and acting paranoid.

Hardly meta  ::)
We are soldiers. :v Not dumb prison-soldiers or whatever. People who know how to handle a gun safely and not act out of character that friendly fire assumptions can even be presumed 'reasonable'. That, and we're part of a professional army.

Pretty much, the distrust of people presuming newbies are doing the firefight shows a possible lack of cohesion or agreement with how folks are ._. and that's an IC point.
Or we're somehow recruiting from other sources--which was a thing back then as I recall.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2017, 10:20:40 pm by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 16, 2017, 01:00:31 pm »

Alice knows some spooky shit is happening. She just figures that it's better if that is your problem, not hers.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 39