Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62220 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #195 on: November 16, 2017, 01:45:28 pm »

Alice knows some spooky shit is happening. She just figures that it's better if that is your problem, not hers.
Alice left me. NOW Tala shall always remember her as someone to protect, encourage, or support even more, because she dislikes teams being divided. :P

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: November 16, 2017, 04:51:47 pm »

Here, I've just been assuming Simon and his group simply didn't hear the gunshots.  They are deep in the metal bowels of a ship, somewhat drunk and loudly gambling, while a thunderstorm ranges outside, and the gunshots came from a high location. 

Tir, if you want us to help you, ask IC, don't get whiney OOC.  OOC, we're having fun RPing, and don't really care about the Halloween event.  You could force us to play our characters and help you out if you contacted us IC, but don't tell us how we should play our chars when we have the exact same info as you.

Oz, Ed is a monstrous sociopath if his reaction to his teammates shooting each other is just thinking "Eh, they're idiots, fuck em" without even saying a word. Nevermind, I shouldn't read OOC before IC.  Carry on, no issues here.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: November 16, 2017, 04:53:39 pm »

Ed is a monstrous sociopath ...

You just realized that?
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: November 16, 2017, 05:26:31 pm »

Oowkay now people, how about we all drop the bickering and accusations and instead agree to just play the game as it comes, all right? It's still just a silly forum game about magitech nazi's, so let's have some fun with it instead.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: November 16, 2017, 05:28:19 pm »

Oowkay now people, how about we all drop the bickering and accusations and instead agree to just play the game as it comes, all right? It's still just a silly forum game about magitech nazi's, so let's have some fun with it instead.

Someone please explain to me why the headless radioman had to provide the logic for the conversation, and what exactly that means for the laws of physics, logic, and reason as we know them.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: November 16, 2017, 08:25:38 pm »

Absolutely nothing, because you shouldn't have expected any of those things in the first place.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: November 16, 2017, 09:52:12 pm »

Tir, if you want us to help you, ask IC, don't get whiney OOC.  OOC, we're having fun RPing, and don't really care about the Halloween event.  You could force us to play our characters and help you out if you contacted us IC, but don't tell us how we should play our chars when we have the exact same info as you.
I came off as whining? o_O Sorry! D:
I was more concerned because we lack communication again.

Someone please explain to me why the headless radioman had to provide the logic for the conversation, and what exactly that means for the laws of physics, logic, and reason as we know them.
If it's about a character, piece lets that be free \o/ I choose to see Radio as awesome body paint. With the only way to prove it is to touch him and fiddle with his radios. :P
Although I do wonder, if he IS a living radio, wouldn't he be able to better pick up the static and how it feels?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #203 on: November 16, 2017, 09:56:12 pm »

I came off as whining? o_O Sorry! D:
I was more concerned because we lack communication again.

If it's about a character, piece lets that be free \o/ I choose to see Radio as awesome body paint. With the only way to prove it is to touch him and fiddle with his radios. :P
Although I do wonder, if he IS a living radio, wouldn't he be able to better pick up the static and how it feels?

I describe Radio as "A man with a radio on his head....maybe?"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: November 16, 2017, 10:04:52 pm »

I describe Radio as "A man with a radio on his head....maybe?"
I must boop his nose then.
I will find out one day! (This at least, Radio can infer given what Tala said :P But she will ask)

...Actually I'm also curious how far these things can go ._. maybe we'll find out when we see NAZITECHMAN.
Because OOC, I am terrified that there may be more than 1 given the one on the ship deck, and the one presumably below deck.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: November 17, 2017, 04:30:59 pm »

It's war time, everyone's dying and yelling at each other OOC and IC. Looks like the Piecewise Party Bus is back online.

Would new sheets get posted here or in the IC?
Is there a specific place or thread for people that aren't on missions? Like the Ship in E.R.?
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: November 17, 2017, 04:33:33 pm »

Post the sheet in the main thread, because PW probably won't see it here. At the moment there is no on-ship thread, because we are currently on the ship! So far we've had two missions and nobody's stayed behind, but that could change eventually I suppose.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: November 20, 2017, 11:40:32 pm »

I should elaborate on my plans:

I am currently headed to the bridge to see what, if anything, is known there. If the bridge is operating normally, I plan to see to it that the captain is up and briefed.

However, if all is not well, I plan to get on 1MC (the ship-wide PA system) and call general quarters. Stuff is screwed up, and the crew should be up and ready. Then, with the GQ alarm honking, I'll do my best to handle what I can from the bridge.

If the area is deserted, I'll stay to coordinate and pass information via the speaking tubes and voice powered telephones that are in all major battle stations and compartments. If your charecter hears the GQ alarm, you will be able to contact Smith from any DC (Damage Control) station or other hub (such as a gun turret or engineering) to pass or receive information.

Edit: This should help you find your way around:

Seeing this image reminded me: How the hell are we fitting on a destroyer? They are not the roomiest ships in the first place, then you try to pack in a commando team? It would work, but things would be awfully tight.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 01:51:09 am by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: November 21, 2017, 08:33:08 am »

A brief google search suggests that typical crew size for destroyers of the time was ~220-250 for smaller versons and 250-35o- for the larger ones.

So, we might be cramped, but the ship can hold us.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: November 21, 2017, 09:17:25 am »

Be glad you're on an American destroyer.  Those were cramped, but had some room.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 39