Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62286 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #240 on: December 09, 2017, 04:08:49 am »

((I'm also wondering where all the anti-aircraft guns are from that map.. albeit the map is clearly as built, which wouldn't include all the extras.))

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 09, 2017, 06:56:36 am »

The idea right now is to just try and disrupt their comms by blaring over it. Might not do all that much, might not work at all, but if it does it should be funny. And it's not like we desperately need another rifle to point at the enemy right now, so might as well annoy the Nazis.
Can't you also receive their signal? As far as I know, that doesn't disrupt you from interrupting them but speaking it to the others here as a two-way radio...person, helps.

People with LANGUAGE skills can interpret. :3 That was my plan anyway, if you were with us.

I currently have a +1 in language and was able to decipher what kind of language they're speaking on a roll of 3. If anyone with similar or better language skills wants to have a stab at it, they're welcome to come over and have a listen (or to locate a radio and do it themselves). If not I'm gonna try to disrupt them while they're still such an active threat.

I am wondering why nobody's just gunning the guys down with one of the machineguns mounted around the ship.  Destroyers don't have the armor to stop those bullets, and you know where they are..

There is an active hailstorm going on that's described as having a fire hose in your face constantly. Not exactly great for accuracy. If anyone tries to fire that thing without either very good machine gun skill and/or a great roll, they're more likely to shoot something they don't want to, like vital ship components or hapless teammates.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 09, 2017, 07:18:30 am »

The idea right now is to just try and disrupt their comms by blaring over it. Might not do all that much, might not work at all, but if it does it should be funny. And it's not like we desperately need another rifle to point at the enemy right now, so might as well annoy the Nazis.
Can't you also receive their signal? As far as I know, that doesn't disrupt you from interrupting them but speaking it to the others here as a two-way radio...person, helps.

People with LANGUAGE skills can interpret. :3 That was my plan anyway, if you were with us.

I currently have a +1 in language and was able to decipher what kind of language they're speaking on a roll of 3. If anyone with similar or better language skills wants to have a stab at it, they're welcome to come over and have a listen (or to locate a radio and do it themselves). If not I'm gonna try to disrupt them while they're still such an active threat.

I am wondering why nobody's just gunning the guys down with one of the machineguns mounted around the ship.  Destroyers don't have the armor to stop those bullets, and you know where they are..

There is an active hailstorm going on that's described as having a fire hose in your face constantly. Not exactly great for accuracy. If anyone tries to fire that thing without either very good machine gun skill and/or a great roll, they're more likely to shoot something they don't want to, like vital ship components or hapless teammates.
Bob has +2. Again, coincidence stabs harder like a spy and silenced weapons, much like how our only medic last mission was away from everyone else: Bob's with the comms. :V
Nobody has +3 :P
The rest of us have +1 or so. Seems good that we all generally have a social approach and not a KILLY EVERYTHING approach as soldiers.
Although looking at other sheets, many have Rifle skills, and MedicalTraining as their +3.

I edited my post to a conjuctive 'use the MG nest or other weaponry' if I had better skill, but with my Sniper Rifles at +3, it's all up to Piece.
I also ordered an 'everyone else do stuff please' thing to help out.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2017, 07:53:22 am by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 09, 2017, 08:04:37 am »

Huh. Bob does have a +2 in language. I'd forgotten about that.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 13, 2017, 08:41:00 am »

"Please don't move them until they're stable. I'm wondering if tinfoil can help..."
gotta admit, this made me chuckle.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 13, 2017, 08:54:14 am »

"Please don't move them until they're stable. I'm wondering if tinfoil can help..."
gotta admit, this made me chuckle.
Now only if we had a flamethrower :P

But yeah. Um, the booby trap means that the enemies are on the same deck area (or below the deck area) we're at.
That means big trouble maybe? I'm unsure, busy tending to wounded. Are there any other medics who volunteered up with me?

Also if milo's character vanishes--can we split his GLORY points or add that to the common pool? ._.;

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 13, 2017, 09:18:00 am »

it seems to me that the main threat is the lightning dude, controlled by the Thin Woman Alice is dreaming of. Some sort of communications psychic or something.The rest of the Nazis seem rather ordinary, so if we can get our living crew active and armed, they can handle that threat. it's the radioactive monster we are most worried about. hmm Radio active. hmmm.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 13, 2017, 09:46:06 am »

it seems to me that the main threat is the lightning dude, controlled by the Thin Woman Alice is dreaming of. Some sort of communications psychic or something.The rest of the Nazis seem rather ordinary, so if we can get our living crew active and armed, they can handle that threat. it's the radioactive monster we are most worried about. hmm Radio active. hmmm.
They seem to be the same fellow who 'disappears after a lightning flash' or that silhouette. Perhaps the lighting of such a magnitude shows who he is. And/or one of the Nazis is pretty much a living stormcaller :v
But that's really hedging paranoia, AND WE MUST EVACUATE SHIP or at least kill them all.

Ozarck/Edward Bohring, did any of you grab those lightning guns that were specifically said to be in the Mess Hall? ._.;

it seems to me that the main threat is the lightning dude, controlled by the Thin Woman Alice is dreaming of. Some sort of communications psychic or something.The rest of the Nazis seem rather ordinary[...]
So the big muscle man much like a human tank is ordinary? :P
Goodness does the 888th see many things here.
Also what radioactive monster? I may be misremembering but the first mention of the Nazis were in Radio Controlled's update where he blared his radio at them as a response, then retreated back--where we found him barricading one of the entrances, then we moved on (without him) to the comms room.

Also the General is alive and I'm trying to stabilize him. I do NOT comprehend the positions of the enemies relative to my team's position though. :X Because post-finals fatigue. If anyone can clarify in a post after this, that'd be much appreciated; otherwise, I'll browse it in the next few days to orient myself.

Edoot: Yay update! Boo predictions were right. Yaaay that it isn't ANYTHING WORSE. Now I'm predicting either a knowledge roll or a 'get-them-to-safety-and-avoid-Nazis-killing-us' roll, because either we've to improvise with what we've got (heat up and insulate that room, and probably really use that tinfoil! [wow that silliness was useful? :3]), or get them moving all the way over there through some bad rain, and I've no idea what's around that could work as a stretcher or cover, especially in horrible weather. So I'm hunkering down and tending to them fellows.

It is also very scary that we got infiltrated by 4+ Nazis, seems the ones who blew up were an advanced force, with the special troops being...other places.

Anyone please man those emplacements and shoot at possible areas where the enemies are? Where's the navigation room that'd help the ship in these weathers?
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 09:56:28 am by Tiruin »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 13, 2017, 10:09:10 am »

I think it's worth a try to gun down the lightning rod guy. I was considering going up there, but wanted to loot assault rifles.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 13, 2017, 11:10:05 am »

I think it's worth a try to gun down the lightning rod guy. I was considering going up there, but wanted to loot assault rifles.
If I assumed right, I believe we had line of sight to that guy from the comms crew, and we've got weapon emplacements that can swivel around to point inwards to the ship! :D

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 13, 2017, 11:40:46 am »

Tiruin, if you leave Bone and his bodyguard in that room, you should immediately be stripping clothes off living people to put under and around them, or have people sit on the floor and put the two of them in their laps to share heat.They aren't going to last long enough for you to insulate the room.

Really, your best bet is probably to rush tehm across to the nearest warm room - mess hall, forward crew cabin, anywhere. Get uncomfortable and have people sacrifice their outer clothing to the cause, to protect them from teh wind and all, but seconds count here.

Also, thogh seconds count, I don't thing that a few seconds in a hailstorm are going to kill the two of them. The temperature outside is likely not significantly lower than where they are now. Only conern is getting them wet, but that can be fixed once you get to the mess hall or wherever, by stripping the wet clothes off and throwing blankets and stuff on them. then send soemoen to the kitchen to heat water, food, socks (too bad you don't have Ed's spare socks), etc. Oh, and people have knit caps in their inventory - use those! Those go on the two fella's heads. double them up. That'll help them retain a little heat, anyway.

I probably wrote this a little too late in the morning for you to respond to before the next turn..

Tavik Toth

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh dear....
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 16, 2017, 02:03:14 pm »

Hm, to take a smg or just take a luger...

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 16, 2017, 02:12:54 pm »

Hm, to take a smg or just take a luger...
Take both, give it to other people :P

Also who else is a medic? I may need an extra hand here \o/ Good thing we're at the Mess Hall, so any inactives are assumed to be nearby.

That also includes dreamy-dream Alice! :3 And whomever people are speaking about some psychic person too!
...Which I only read in skimming. :-\

Anyway, Bone and his bodyguard is now in Mess Hall \o/ probably in a room with the door open because it's the kitchen. So tons of knives and other metals.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 16, 2017, 06:22:46 pm »

Tiruin, the open door is the door to the oven. You put Bone onthe floor next to teh oven, opened the oven door, and cranked up the heat.

You Strip them of their wet clothing, replace it with a heap of towels and table settings you find in the kitchen, and then turn the oven on full blast with the door open.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 16, 2017, 09:43:27 pm »

@Tavik, you should strike out your old action to make sure PW runs your new one.

EDIT: Oops, misread order of posts. Sorry.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 11:21:00 pm by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 39