Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62088 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #390 on: June 18, 2018, 03:25:42 pm »

William has no aim or skill with guns, so he's going to take a bunch of knives to stab people with.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: June 18, 2018, 08:13:08 pm »

I’ll take a G43, and one magazines worth, which should be 10 bullets.
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: June 18, 2018, 08:33:01 pm »

alright, who wants what?
Gewehr (Ed will take this one)
Gewehr (Carolina)
Gewehr
30 Gewehr bullets (Ed will take 10, Carolina will take 10)
Sturmgewehr  (Parrish is calling this one)
Sturmgewehr
45 Sturmgewehr bullets (Parrish is calling 1/2 of these)
SMG  (Jackson gets this one)
SMG
SMG
30 SMG bullets (Jackson will get 10 of these at least. More if fewer people ask for the SMGs)

Knives (Parrish is taking one, Taggart is taking some)
Amulet (Ed is taking one)
Amulet (Ed is handing one to Tala)

Pending requests:
Parrish: 1 Smg, 10 Gewher bullets
Jackson: Gewehr, 10 bullets
Denver: SMG, SMG bullets.

Definitely packing one of those SMG's away. Gives me a bit of leeway with ranged engagements.

Also a gewehr with a single clip (So, 10). a +1 isn't much but it's enough I can get away with using it.
hang tight on the rifle, in case someone who hasn't had a chance to ask wants one. I already marked an SMG and bullets for Jackson.

William has no aim or skill with guns, so he's going to take a bunch of knives to stab people with.
Let PW know you are taking multiple knives. I'd figure three would be reasonable. Ask him if you want more than that.

I’ll take a G43, and one magazines worth, which should be 10 bullets.
recorded

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: June 18, 2018, 08:37:31 pm »

Just noting that I noticed and am taking one.

If someone else wants to lay claim to it I'll purge it from my character sheet, it's just nice not to be useless at range.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: June 18, 2018, 10:20:19 pm »

First off: 4 guns rifles and an MG15? Having played Wolfenstein: The New Order, I don't question how you have this many guns (primarily because it means I get to carry around at least 2 and an equivalently heavy amount of explosives) I question primarily where you got an MG15, of all the possible things.

What I meant by using the MG, was that if the GM decided you didn't know how to either use the main cannon or drive the SOB (since you can't do both in any way, not even by holding the gunner/driver hostage) you would'nt be stuck in a tight space with a bunch of germans, their buddies would be stuck outside with you inside an armored vehicle with 2 seperate, fully loaded, sadly stationary machine guns.

Simon found the MG-15 during D-day, and has been carrying it around since.  Never fired, except for when it shot his teammates!

Anyway, this game is RTD.  No matter what you do, you get to roll 1d6 for difficult things, and that means you have ~50% chance of success.  And even a [1] when driving a tank probably doesn't mean the tank becomes immobile, so Simon gets multiple chances.  Just because he's never been inside a tank before and only has a very loose idea of how they operate doesn't mean Simon can't guess his way through!

Also he has equal skill with machine guns and tank driving (zero in both cases), so he has identical chances of failing with either.  If he just wanted to kill Nazis he could rack up a body count with his De Lisle, with far better chances of success due to having +3 scoped and +3 camo.  Skills are weird in 888th.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: June 19, 2018, 08:20:15 am »

Just a random question: Can I either replace my cigs in the pack with orange Tic-Tacs (which technically aren't invented yet, but let's just ignore that) or carry a hip flask (padded with rags so it doesn't make noise of course) filled with orange tic-tacs? [this is something I occasionally do IRL].

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: June 19, 2018, 09:02:00 am »

Radio, go ahead an put a knife in your inventory if you haven't

Just a random question: Can I either replace my cigs in the pack with orange Tic-Tacs (which technically aren't invented yet, but let's just ignore that) or carry a hip flask (padded with rags so it doesn't make noise of course) filled with orange tic-tacs? [this is something I occasionally do IRL].
Try not to identify too much with your character. That's a surefire way to start taking the game too personally and muddling IC and OOC stuff.

If you insist on mints of some kind - altoids, Halls, and life Savers were all a thing back then.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2018, 09:04:01 am by Ozarck »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: June 19, 2018, 09:23:18 am »

nah it's just for the meme value. I know he's gonna die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: June 19, 2018, 09:26:01 am »

I feel that not identifying as your character is a temporary solution at best. You'll end up identifying even if your character is nothing like yourself. In the end, you need to be able to accept character death.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: June 19, 2018, 09:28:09 am »

fair enough

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2018, 09:36:39 am »

I feel that not identifying as your character is a temporary solution at best. You'll end up identifying even if your character is nothing like yourself. In the end, you need to be able to accept character death.
Yeh. My old ER character wasn't very much like me, and became a brain in a robot suit. Was still super sad when he died. At least he went out well.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2018, 09:41:23 am »

Heh. It's why I loved Cecil so much in ER. Him and his fungus-freak limbs. I'm glad he gained immortality in spiderverse.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: June 20, 2018, 06:00:46 am »

Yeah, Simon is specifically supposed to be a subversion of my own normal super-cautious style, but he's grown on me a lot despite practically having a death wish.  Which has made it harder to not be cautious and do blatantly stupid things, like charging a tank with a knife.  Play any character long enough and you're either gonna get bored and give up, or you're gonna start caring about them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: June 20, 2018, 06:24:31 am »

I know that feeling. Ed was supposed to be lazy and laid back, preferring to let others lead and not actually affecting anything, as a specific contrast to my usual too-involved playstyle. That's why I chose the "weakest of classes."

I guess I still hav a way to go yet before I can really be a tag-along player. Maybe next game :P

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: June 24, 2018, 01:25:21 pm »

Any chance I can equip my dude with a Mk. 4 Webley revolver? And if so, what'd the Risk be (i'll take 2 speed-reload clips for ammo, total of 18 bullets, 6 in chamber and 2 clips). Webley's got a similar sized bullet to the M1911 and it's a lot more reliable.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 39