Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62349 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2018, 01:37:09 pm »

Well, we're mid-mission now, so getting one would bea matter of luck, unless PW lets you retcon it in. You'd either have to trade off a pistol that you already had before mission start, or buy it with GLORY, which you don't have.

Did you come into the game with a comparable pistol and ammo? note that if it is exchanged, it will probably mostly be for flavor. that "more reliable" bit will likely have no real effect.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2018, 01:42:17 pm »

I'm fairly certain the Rifleman class should (if it doesn't already) start with a pistol of some sort. Retcon is possible. I just noticed the lack of pistol and thought "hmm that's unlikely let's grab a Webley then shall we?"
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 01:48:35 pm by Redjive_Industries »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: June 24, 2018, 02:29:03 pm »

OP has rifleman starting without a pistol. So you'll have to loot one.

speaking of loot,
Gewehr (Ed will take this one)
Gewehr (Carolina)
Gewehr
30 Gewehr bullets (Ed will take 10, Carolina will take 10)
Sturmgewehr  (Parrish is calling this one)
Sturmgewehr
45 Sturmgewehr bullets (Parrish is calling 1/2 of these)
SMG  (Jackson gets this one)
SMG
SMG
30 SMG bullets (Jackson will get 10 of these at least. More if fewer people ask for the SMGs)

Pending requests:
Parrish: 1 Smg, 10 Gewher bullets
Jackson: Gewehr, 10 bullets
Denver: SMG, SMG bullets.

These pending requests are approved, as no one else has claimed them. Ed will carry the SMG and 20 bullets until we reunite with Denver and Bob.

That leaves a surmgewehr and an smg that nobody wants, so I'll be leaving them back by the wreckage, unless someone speaks up before the next turn

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: June 24, 2018, 02:39:24 pm »

hmph.
guess it's a luger or a P38 for me then

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: June 26, 2018, 06:55:33 am »

So, here's what I'm thinking. It's pretty simple and fairly obvious.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This is a pretty straightforward plan: tank drives in and maybe breaks the gates, everyone else swarms. Hopefully all eyes will be on the tank and the gunfisre and lightning will be directed our way, once our disguise is blown.

We still have the option, instead, of trying to find alternate entrances to the tunnels underneath the fort, whic i would prefer to do. Even if we use th tank, it seems it would be better to get a team in underground first.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: June 26, 2018, 12:35:33 pm »

To all the people who are contacting Simon:

Allied radios are encrypted, as Piecewise said in my turn.  And as Simon implied when he said he couldn't hear anyone.  So I'm not responding only because I'm pretty sure he can't actually hear anything that's said over Allied channels.  Maybe if you sent unencrypted transmissions that would work, but then you're probably telling the Nazis everything too.

Also the Nazis probably know that we have one of their tanks, now, since Simon's been babbling over open comms.  So plans relying on them not knowing we have a tank are... inadvisable.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: June 26, 2018, 12:45:14 pm »

fair enough. we can still do ... things .... with the tank, I suppose.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: June 26, 2018, 11:02:24 pm »

To all the people who are contacting Simon:

Allied radios are encrypted, as Piecewise said in my turn.  And as Simon implied when he said he couldn't hear anyone.  So I'm not responding only because I'm pretty sure he can't actually hear anything that's said over Allied channels.  Maybe if you sent unencrypted transmissions that would work, but then you're probably telling the Nazis everything too.

Also the Nazis probably know that we have one of their tanks, now, since Simon's been babbling over open comms.  So plans relying on them not knowing we have a tank are... inadvisable.
Isn't it implied we memorized the codebook and did that to be able to talk?

Piecewise confirm please?

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: June 27, 2018, 10:55:09 am »

Isn't it implied we memorized the codebook and did that to be able to talk?
Even if we didn't, and I can think of a few reasons that even that wouldn't work, I'm fairly certain there would be an agreed upon unencrypted radio network for emergency communications, and it would be fairly simple to communicate with that. In addition, Nazi armored commanded is almost certainly aware that one of their tanks is not responding to orders, and is advancing towards the Allies whilst broadcasting in the clear, in English, no less. If they could find our position based off of our radio transmission (not with an infantry radio, not in WW2 anyways. Maybe a ship-borne radio) they would be able to do so just as easily with our encrypted transmissions as our unencrypted transmissions. Still not exactly safe, but it's the safest of all the possible ways to communicate with Simon besides simply banging on his hatch with a wrench until he opens up.
I am a huge sweaty WW2 and military in general nerd so sorry if this reading into the details waaaaaayyyyy too much. I can confirm at the very least that there is no way the Nazis can find our EXACT position just based off of radio transmits; all they would know is that there were Allied troops in the area (which they already know) and just for that they would need to have someone listening to that specific channel, or have some kind of special equipment.

Also codewords are separate from encrypted transmissions. If we DID memorize a codebook that would make things much safer (the Nazis wouldn't be able to know exactly what we were doing with the tank)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: June 27, 2018, 01:01:11 pm »

I am a huge sweaty WW2 and military in general nerd so sorry if this reading into the details waaaaaayyyyy too much.

No worries, I at least appreciate the information.  It makes a lot of sense that there would be emergency unencrypted channels, I'll edit my action to check.  I still won't assume we can communicate, since Piecewise is the god of this universe and determines whether things are realistic, of course.  Still, thanks!  If that works out, this will be a fair bit simpler.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: June 28, 2018, 09:48:00 pm »

((I bet 75 GLORY that I'll die inside this tank during this mission. Anyone want to take me up on that?))

I'd take you up on this, but I just spent some 300 GLORY, and have none to spare. Sorry  :'(
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: June 29, 2018, 07:22:19 am »

Note: no one wants the second Sturmy, so can we retcon me to have taken all the bullets? I somehow missed that and would've IC taken the rest of the bullets if someone hasn't claimed them. Same with any remaining SMG or G43 rounds.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: June 29, 2018, 07:39:37 am »

Note: no one wants the second Sturmy, so can we retcon me to have taken all the bullets? I somehow missed that and would've IC taken the rest of the bullets if someone hasn't claimed them. Same with any remaining SMG or G43 rounds.
you can have the sturmy rounds. The otehrs are handed out, I think. If there are some left, I'll spread them out among the squad.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: June 29, 2018, 08:36:29 am »

Seems fair. Thanks.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: June 29, 2018, 12:10:25 pm »

Denver is taking 10-20 smg bullets this turn.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 39