Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62199 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #420 on: June 29, 2018, 12:50:19 pm »

Denver is taking 10-20 smg bullets this turn.
Take 15, and Jackson can have the remaining 5. Did you also take one of the SMGs I was lugging around? If so, I think that's it for loot form that encounter.

Gewehr (Ed will take this one)
Gewehr (Carolina)
Gewehr
30 Gewehr bullets (Ed will take 10, Carolina will take 10)
Sturmgewehr  (Parrish is calling this one)
Sturmgewehr
45 Sturmgewehr bullets (Parrish is calling 1/2 of these)
SMG  (Jackson gets this one)
SMG
SMG
30 SMG bullets (Jackson will get 10 of these at least. More if fewer people ask for the SMGs)

Pending requests:
Parrish: 1 Smg, 10 Gewher bullets
Jackson: Gewehr, 10 bullets
Denver: SMG, SMG bullets.

These pending requests are approved, as no one else has claimed them. Ed will carry the SMG and 20 bullets until we reunite with Denver and Bob.

That leaves a surmgewehr and an smg that nobody wants, so I'll be leaving them back by the wreckage, unless someone speaks up before the next turn
[/quote]

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 29, 2018, 07:24:16 pm »

On a side note, I'm going to try and shut up and pay a little more attention to wot's going on. I have a tendency to see other people have good ideas when it's still the same turn and then forget that I've already taken my action, and assume that I can just take part in their good plan as well as mine. Because of this, and since assaulting Fort STURM[REDACTED] without a backup plan, and a secondary backup plan which is actually a diversion for the tertiary backup plan, seems like a bad idea, I'm going to join the tank crew when the opportunity arises for the initial breach, and then beg, borrow, or (almost certainly) steal some 88mm HE shells and set up an Alamo for everyone else to die gloriously in whilst I hide. I will rejoin the breach team after the GM decides I've had enough time to set up enough traps to kill... something or number of things that seems really impressive, as well as sandbag the hell out of said fallback point.

In the words of Douglas Adams:
"There was a point to this story incoherent rambling, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 29, 2018, 07:29:19 pm »

orite now I remember

I WILL BE GONE THE WEEK STARTING ON THE 1st OF JULY. I WILL LIKELY NOT HAVE ACCESS TO AN INTERNET.
so refer to that thing if possible, otherwise someone else is free to play my character for me here's a quick summary of how I play him:

1)try and find the safest possible place in the engagement area, and spend the first 30 seconds of combat shooting enemies whilst running towards it if the opportunity presents itself (that is to say, when it's safe to run for it)

2)spend a few seconds suppressing and trying to make my hideyhole even better

3)finish killing enemies

4) loot, focusing on explosives, ammo for guns I already have, and (until I can find one) a pistol. In that order.

Remember that Toby is only kinda cowardly. He's more of a discretion is the better part of valour type, as in he'll fight the enemy, but he'll do it in as safe a manner as possible.

Seriously, someone feel free to play for my character while I am gone.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 30, 2018, 09:32:38 pm »

Redjive, if you're still here, when you decide to make a new action post, you should really go back to any old action posts and strike out the bold text; just add a [s] right after the [b].  That'll make it plain to Piecewise that the action is no longer valid and he can safely ignore it, without deleting any information you don't want to delete.

Anyway, for anyone who wants to join the tank crew: You need to have a useful skill.  Specifically, either "Tank" (for the driver), "Machine Gun" (for the machine guns, natch), or "Explosives" (for the main gun, though that might actually also need "Tank").  I don't consider skill of +1 to actually be skill, since it does virtually nothing, if nobody has one of those skills at +2 I'd rather just take someone with +2 or +3 medical instead.  Operator is also a useful skill, but that slot has already been filled by Alice.

If you have none of those skills, don't even bother asking.  You'll be sent away, and anyone who fails to comply with that will be stabbed in the face and then stripped of useful equipment.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 30, 2018, 09:53:05 pm »

Redjive, if you're still here, when you decide to make a new action post, you should really go back to any old action posts and strike out the bold text; just add a [s] right after the [b].  That'll make it plain to Piecewise that the action is no longer valid and he can safely ignore it, without deleting any information you don't want to delete.

Anyway, for anyone who wants to join the tank crew: You need to have a useful skill.  Specifically, either "Tank" (for the driver), "Machine Gun" (for the machine guns, natch), or "Explosives" (for the main gun, though that might actually also need "Tank").  I don't consider skill of +1 to actually be skill, since it does virtually nothing, if nobody has one of those skills at +2 I'd rather just take someone with +2 or +3 medical instead.  Operator is also a useful skill, but that slot has already been filled by Alice.

If you have none of those skills, don't even bother asking.  You'll be sent away, and anyone who fails to comply with that will be stabbed in the face and then stripped of useful equipment.
William has Explosives +1 and would probably want to join the tank crew if there's a spot open when he finds the tank. He also can and will outstab you if you try stabbing him (3 knives, 3 strenght and +2 skill in all forms of melee combat).
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 30, 2018, 10:17:39 pm »

I'll help him stab you.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 30, 2018, 11:04:19 pm »

...As I said, +1 is basically worthless, since it only upgrades 4s to 5s, which doesn't mean anything under most circumstances.  I know we have people with +2 explosives and up, and I kinda doubt that they'll turn down the opportunity to get behind a tank cannon.  So, sorry, but no.  Even if there were nobody better, I'd have Simon man the turret, because it's an inconsequential downgrade and I'd have fun with that.

I'd consider letting Will replace Simon in the commander's seat in that case, so he can peek out and fire his flamethrower at people, but even that seems inadvisable.  I have the distinct feeling he'd roll a 1 and fill the inside of the tank with napalm.

...Also: None of those things you listed gives William an advantage in a knifefight.  Simon and William are tied in the only stat that matters, and both have lots of spare risk 2 knives.  In fact, Simon has a better primary knife, since he bought a risk 3 trench knife.  He'd still be at a disadvantage in this case 'cause he's already wounded, though.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 01, 2018, 02:02:44 am »

I'd have enjoyed driving the tank and firing the main gun if
a) both of those operated via the tank skill,
b) Ed weren't already rather occupied.

Ed feels responsible for his little flock of murderhobos at the moment. Ah well, maybe next tank.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 01, 2018, 04:26:11 am »

Posting for posterity sake.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 01, 2018, 01:26:51 pm »

I'll have taken the 3rd gewehr and the remaining 10 rounds. I'm not ~too~ terribly adept at rifles but it's better than being useless at range while moving up.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 01, 2018, 01:29:34 pm »

((Posting to join possibly later.))
Ïlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 02, 2018, 07:53:21 pm »

Can we please just pretend to all be Americans? So we don't get shot?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 03, 2018, 12:08:16 am »

Can we please just pretend to all be Americans? So we don't get shot?
I don't understand why we should? I mean during the French occupation, the local resistance was aware that there's MORE THAN AMERICA helping out and did not hold any utmost grievances to other Allied powers. :-[

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 03, 2018, 07:14:41 am »

No need to, really, but it'd be simpler to use "American" or "Allies" as a grop tag, rather than going into details about place of origin and all that. no sense giving unnecesary and complicated information: it'll just confuse the Frenchies.

And you have a legitimate reason to claim American allegiance, as the 888th is nominally (probably?) an American organization.

In other words: "For the sake of simplicity, just say 'yeah, Americans."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 03, 2018, 11:23:35 am »

The group was saying things like "Yeah, we aren't American, etc." At gunpoint.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 39