Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 61433 times)

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #450 on: July 11, 2018, 12:53:21 pm »

loader/corpse tosser I shall be, then. This tank must be hella cramped jesus.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: July 13, 2018, 07:57:06 pm »

Someone please save Denver.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 16, 2018, 12:24:30 pm »

Tiruin, Jack is Jack Jackson - one of ours. The two prisoners are two people we rescued from one of the Nazi trucks. They are French resistance - our allies.

Denver got buried in some rubble when the Nazi superlightning tried to kill us all. Technically no one knows he's there? He did radio for help, apparently, though i wasn't aware he still had his radio. Anyway, you could send someone to double back and help him if you want. The tank crew is currently a little pre-occupied.

Jack joined you after the Nazi superlightning destroyed the truck he was rescuing the prisoners from, because he got separated from the tank crew and Denver.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 16, 2018, 12:26:48 pm »

Denver didn't have his radio, no. He gave it away.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 16, 2018, 01:31:08 pm »

that's rough. I'd love to help, but can't think of an IC reason that anyone'd know what happened to you. Maybe Jack cold have gotten an idea of your situation and done a little poking around. Bout all I can think of. I do hate to leave you buried though.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 16, 2018, 05:25:56 pm »

Who did you give your radio to? Your action says Alice, but I remember no such transaction, and she already has a radio anyway. Explicitly marked as "Joan's Radio", so that I'll never forget where it came from.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 16, 2018, 05:51:23 pm »

Eh. Now that he's on people's mind, we should be good long term even if Tala doesn't come over.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 02, 2018, 09:20:25 pm »

[I've just noticed that Simon is wearing his gas mask over a beard. Didn't you know that's how Hitler almost died in WW1? Because his gasmask couldn't seal over his enormous mustache? (that's why he had the tiny one, he cut the sides off his mustache after literally holding his breath throughout a gas attack)]

Yeah, I'm well aware how ineffective gasmasks are with facial hair, I had just forgotten about Simon's beard when I first decided to get a gas mask.  That's why there's an abbr tag over that segment, saying "No problem here, no siree~".  Abbrs aren't visible in mobile, so it's not particularly obvious.

...Also, I checked, and according to the biography of a soldier who served with him, Hitler didn't trim his mustache because he was in a gas attack.  He was ordered to do so by his superiors, before any gas attack occured, because they already knew it broke the seal.  Really, Simon should also have been forced to shave for similar reasons, but maybe the 888th allows beards, and his somehow survived long enough for him to join the outfit.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 03, 2018, 03:18:20 pm »

hmm. Guess it was an apocryphal story then.

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: August 08, 2018, 08:26:48 pm »

rip in pieces florian you fat cunt
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 09, 2018, 07:26:48 am »

I'm pretty sure you did something useful, so good job. I'm partially considering just pulling an IntSys and making a whole stream of characters whose appearance is certainly identical, as well as their first names. Anyone remember a certain merchant from FE:Awakening?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: August 12, 2018, 08:53:14 am »

if only we in the tank knew about the back door. ... I bet Alice could drive us right into the bunker and up to the commander's chair.

"Surrender, or I'll stab you with my knife" declares the Sniper.

"Hey!" Yells stabby-licky the loader. "I'm supposed to stab stuff, not you!

"Did someone say stabbing?" Inquires Stab-pick, the locksmith.

"I was just gonna thrust this big metal cannon deep into the hole here and blow a load" says the guy just itching to explode.

"Speaking of thrusting," Declares the equipment.

The lady who likes to use equipment blushes furiously, and contemplates furiously stabbing someone or something.

The Nazis learn first hand the old adage: "you can never predict what the Americans will do, because they don't know themselves."

for the purposes of this analogy, the non-American members of the 888th count as American.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2018, 06:44:45 am by Ozarck »

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 22, 2018, 09:05:14 pm »

Alright, lads. I have a bit of a dilemna.
My 12th piano recital (I.E. the one before college) is coming up early next year, and I just realized I haven't the foggiest idea what I want to play.
I would greatly appreciate it if people could post links to solid piano covers of their favorite 2 video game or TV show songs. Also, piano covers of other songs (for example, Katyusha) are fine. Star Wars Main Theme, Cantina Band, Imperial March, and the Game Of Thrones main theme are out, already played those at some point in the past 3 years. Any difficulty is fine, trust me, I know what I'm doing. I know this is totally off topic but I can't think of anywhere else to put this.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 22, 2018, 11:50:07 pm »

Do the Lufia II third battle theme.  Here's a cover, but it's probably not the only one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJRmLm_Z5N0

It might not be the best theme from the soundtrack to cover, either.  There's lots of good songs there.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2018, 12:00:43 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 39