Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 62493 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »

Hey PW! Should I edit my action? Certain conversations have me greedy for rescue. But I don't wanna exxxxxplooooooooode!
Up to you, bingo bongo.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2017, 05:10:20 pm »

Hey PW! Should I edit my action? Certain conversations have me greedy for rescue. But I don't wanna exxxxxplooooooooode!
Up to you, bingo bongo.
Eh, I see no IC reason to linger. risk v reward and all. I just think that IC the threat of immanent second explosion is too great to ignore

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2017, 05:11:16 pm »

Everything worth exploding already exploded, I don't think you really have to worry about that any more, in fact.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2017, 05:32:56 pm »

There might still be hidden nukes explosives in a broom closet somewhere though, best not take any chances.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2017, 05:33:39 pm »

If we assume there's a nuke in every darn closet on the premises, we might as well have just hit it with incendiaries directly.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2017, 05:44:41 pm »

There might still be hidden nukes explosives in a broom closet somewhere though, best not take any chances.
There are two buildings full of munitions on the premises. In plain view. One of which has been visited by three of us. Both of which are on fire. Both of which have taken damage from aa guns.

Neither of which has yet exploded.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2017, 11:37:07 pm »

Just FYI, unless someone goes and picks up Joan's radio, I'm gonna end up flying off by myself.
I'd love it if there was more than just the radio being picked up, honestly >_>

*Shrug* I cannot help lack of in character coordination or communication.
I know that :P And in no way am I pushing any 'blame or fault'.
It's moreso that this could ALL HAVE BEEN PREVENTED.
Next requisition if I ever get to it, I'm ordering a ton of radios for everyone.

But asking people to chime in OOC notes while setting a quick fuse bomb may not help when we're drastically uncoordinated. <_<
If we had communicated, we'd know because the only people--sans TOASTER--who knew about the children, are dead, and from that we'd know there's a lot more going on than just a minor fuel explosive hazard.

Also stop rushing out with that jeep. Wait for people, aid the wounded, appoint some people or set out an order to fire on all people in uniform--which can never be us since we're in black, for protection. >_< You have ALL THE TIME now, especially since the foe is disoriented and most likely having lost their officers and key personnel.

And as I note, people do know where Alice is at. Several were in sight range of her given previous maps. Communicate!
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 11:42:02 pm by Tiruin »

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2017, 06:05:21 am »

BTW, I did edit Robert McKinley's action to have him grab IDs and the like from any dead allies he found, along with other things in order for a proper funeral or remembrance.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2017, 06:06:35 am »

There are two buildings full of munitions on the premises. In plain view. One of which has been visited by three of us. Both of which are on fire. Both of which have taken damage from aa guns.

That's just the explosives trying to give you a false sense of security.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2017, 07:31:32 am »

That's just the explosives trying to give you a false sense of security.
Yes. This. My point exactly. thank you.

Also stop rushing out with that jeep. Wait for people, aid the wounded, appoint some people or set out an order to fire on all people in uniform--which can never be us since we're in black, for protection. >_< You have ALL THE TIME now, especially since the foe is disoriented and most likely having lost their officers and key personnel.
I'll slow down a bit, but we do NOT have all the time in the world. I repeat - the munitions buildings remain a very big explsoive threat. just because th fuel station exploded, doesn't mean we are done with the fireworks.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2017, 11:02:23 am »

I'll slow down a bit, but we do NOT have all the time in the world. I repeat - the munitions buildings remain a very big explsoive threat. just because th fuel station exploded, doesn't mean we are done with the fireworks.
I would suggest someone (notably Toaster) to mention the kids.

Their building is on fire, and I doubt the fire can creep in so fast as to get it done in. Besides that, you're all pretty okay.

Just have someone APPRAISE THE SITUATION as a bolded action to check how fast the fire is spreading. :)

...I really would like to mention to y'all about that <_<
Because those kids are in that building, and the exit is pretty close to it by the road.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2017, 11:38:41 am »

The objective is unfinished, so you shouldn't just ditch the mission.

If the fuel-air bomb shenanigans didn't blow the munitions bunker immediately, they won't be now. Probably.

And even if they do, you owe it to all of us to start collecting corpses and equipment, since probably 85% of the Nazis (And these are almost certainly hard-core Nazis/SS, rather than just German soldiers. Too secret and too inhumane for anybody else to work here) are dead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2017, 11:59:17 am »

Yeah, pretty sure the objective here was info, remember? Papers or kidnapped people. Kids were secondary and blowing up the base was the exit action.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2017, 01:13:58 pm »

The objective is unfinished, so you shouldn't just ditch the mission.

If the fuel-air bomb shenanigans didn't blow the munitions bunker immediately, they won't be now. Probably.

And even if they do, you owe it to all of us to start collecting corpses and equipment, since probably 85% of the Nazis (And these are almost certainly hard-core Nazis/SS, rather than just German soldiers. Too secret and too inhumane for anybody else to work here) are dead.
Who says I am ditching the mission? Nothing prevents us from circling back after the secondary explosions. They won't expect it, at any rate.

I do confess that I have exactly zero interest in collecting corpses though. equipment? If it is special, sure. that radio, for instance, is our ticket out of here, though I am sure we could find a way without it.

I would suggest someone (notably Toaster) to mention the kids.

Their building is on fire, and I doubt the fire can creep in so fast as to get it done in. Besides that, you're all pretty okay.

...I really would like to mention to y'all about that <_<
Because those kids are in that building, and the exit is pretty close to it by the road.
Ed knows about the kids, as do Yarrick and Joe Nix? Since they were with me when I drove up and started loading shells. If Ed thought we had time, he would be more than glad to stick around and load more kids. Ed's seeing visions of fiery death right now - visions both real and potential.

Just have someone APPRAISE THE SITUATION as a bolded action to check how fast the fire is spreading. :)
This is a good idea. I confess that I posted my action too quickly yesterday. I was still processing. But, I'm not sure if I would have done it anyway, as it would have potentially burned a round. But sice we have our friendly neighborhood agent of the unde3ad around

PW, What, upon reflection, does Ed think the chances are of getting the remainedr of the shells onnto the truck before the munituions explode? ((I'll add this to my action, too))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2017, 02:02:43 pm »

Yeah, pretty sure the objective here was info, remember? Papers or kidnapped people. Kids were secondary and blowing up the base was the exit action.
Well we did the exit :P

...We didn't do anything else I guess? ._. As far as I know...that being pretty little actually, Joan signaled home base and notified them of the sitrep.

Ed knows about the kids, as do Yarrick and Joe Nix? Since they were with me when I drove up and started loading shells. If Ed thought we had time, he would be more than glad to stick around and load more kids. Ed's seeing visions of fiery death right now - visions both real and potential.
Just do it :I Y'all have a lot of driving to go through and an unknown rendezvous point--just like Alice!
Also probably clear those darn AA guns up North, send in a kill team of ~3 to 4 people to cover and overwatch/get those AA guns, while the rest of you try to salvage the children OR any papers.

Not in the barracks but probably in the same area your kill team is heading to. :P

I do confess that I have exactly zero interest in collecting corpses though. equipment? If it is special, sure. that radio, for instance, is our ticket out of here, though I am sure we could find a way without it.
Because dog tags don't exist? :P
All I'm asking is since we had COLLATERAL AVOIDABLE DEATHS, that you trap our corpses, being the Engineer that set the bomb himself.
Me and Zack have supplies from the supply depot--no grenades, but you can rig stuff up.
Actually everyone is pretty okay, considering that we have an advantage of having disoriented the enemy here. I'm totally not still grumpy nope. Hmpf!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 39