Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39

Author Topic: 888th Brigade OOC thread  (Read 61471 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 888th Brigade OOC thread
« Reply #435 on: July 03, 2018, 12:37:59 pm »

Does anyone in that group actually look like an american? If they ask if we're Allies, we can say yes.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: July 03, 2018, 12:46:59 pm »

I'm literally American, yes. But I'm busy with chains.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 03, 2018, 01:32:37 pm »

Bob is American.
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: July 03, 2018, 08:25:33 pm »

As is Denver. Hey, the 'mericans are giving a good showing!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Strider03

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: July 03, 2018, 08:41:27 pm »

"Florida Man hijacks tank, kills owners, parades through streets."
Within that world, she was God. But here, outside of it, her name was Yoake o-Shiri. That was unimportant. She was a Godslayer. That too was unimportant. But what was important, was that she had a motherfucking boat.
And by God, was she going to use it.

"But deceleration is for pansies. We're headed for the stars. Bye, Burnsie. Bye, Mission Control. Bye, Sol. See you at heat death" -Blindsight

The Lupanian

• Bay Watcher
  • Seeker of Knowledge
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: July 05, 2018, 04:38:32 am »

Yeah, if I’d known it would become a whole conversation, I wouldn’t have mentioned that I wasn’t American
I only ate a few vampire hearts. Like, three tops. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Go check out Shadow of the Void!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: July 05, 2018, 05:53:35 am »

Don't sweat it. No big deal, really. i mean, unless you piss them off somehow and end up in a firefight.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: July 06, 2018, 02:19:14 pm »

Tiruin, I rather recommend you DO NOT tell the civilians about the Nazis from the ship, eh? Some of that is Highly Classified information, related to that thing Bone told us not to ever let cross our lips. You know, that forbidden word? That secret Nazi program? Yeah, let's keep that under our hats a little.

make something up concerning the lightning, but note also, that last paragraph - you  and your gang didn't feel that. It's localized around the tank and truck two blocks east of you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: July 07, 2018, 12:35:51 am »

Tiruin, I rather recommend you DO NOT tell the civilians about the Nazis from the ship, eh? Some of that is Highly Classified information, related to that thing Bone told us not to ever let cross our lips. You know, that forbidden word? That secret Nazi program? Yeah, let's keep that under our hats a little.

make something up concerning the lightning, but note also, that last paragraph - you  and your gang didn't feel that. It's localized around the tank and truck two blocks east of you.
I'm not explicitly saying those things because I know it's confidential? Just going along with how to best be tactful to people. Also that last paragraph was unmentioned on where, sorry. Will edit it out.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: July 07, 2018, 07:31:15 pm »

((Just materialize inside it?))
((Should work, but for now I would say spawn outside the ring of lightning with a building for cover. The tank is in there right now.))

Lightning should have no effect on a tank.  Maybe it'd damage the radiator or something, I guess, but the exterior would be able to handle a lot of current, and there wouldn't be any reason for the lightning to go through the squishy non-conductive crew.

Unless it's magic occult Nazi lightning which seeks human flesh, I guess.  I'm just not gonna worry about that possibility though, 'cause it's bull.

((By the way, PW says that Tank skill works on everything in the tank. So, Driving, radio, cannon, probably the mounted machine guns as well, and likely command too.))

Ah, another example of why I should really ask a whole battery of questions every time I try and get an explanation from him.  -.-

Well, if Porkins joins then the point is moot.  Tank is the only skill which lets us drive the tank, and all other functions--except the less important MGs--are covered by other skills that we have.  If not, it might be wise to have Simon and Ed swap seats, yeah.  A 3 while driving is less problematic than a 3 while shooting.

Watch Piecewise decide both loading and shooting require a roll, so that the tank has a 31% chance of exploding every turn in which we fire the main gun.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: July 07, 2018, 07:49:42 pm »

maybe we should not trade places just yet. Let's see if Simon manages to get his hands and lip unstitched first.
as hilarious as it would be to have our WWII Deadpool steering the tank with his nostrils ...

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: July 07, 2018, 08:19:06 pm »

((Should work, but for now I would say spawn outside the ring of lightning with a building for cover. The tank is in there right now.))

Lightning should have no effect on a tank.  Maybe it'd damage the radiator or something, I guess, but the exterior would be able to handle a lot of current, and there wouldn't be any reason for the lightning to go through the squishy non-conductive crew.

Unless it's magic occult Nazi lightning which seeks human flesh, I guess.  I'm just not gonna worry about that possibility though, 'cause it's bull.

Ah. Sound reasoning. Now, unrelatedly, does anyone want to take me up on that one bet?

Because I have the distinct impression that if we get struck by what is certainly occult magic nazi wizard lightning, we're going to explode.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Redjive_Industries

• Bay Watcher
  • 200 versions of the same catboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: July 10, 2018, 02:08:38 pm »

I'm back, I surrender my tank seat, and yes a trench knife is far superior to a standard knife because: those sumbitches had KNUCLEDUSTERS as the handguards, and pointy things on the pommel so as to expedite smashing your target's head in with it.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: July 11, 2018, 12:22:32 pm »

((I have a slight query as to where I am and what I am supposed to be doing right now))

You are one of six living and ten total persons in the tank. Start helping Simon throw corpses out.

Thread trail of what Tobeis 'Biitey' Parrish has been up to:
If I recall right we stuck you in the loader's seat, where you sat without complaint or comment.
((Yeah, you got dragged into the tank and given four HE shells as payment for being our loader.  You could steal more if you want, I guess.  Not much the loader really gets to do. :\ ))
Those four corpses that were left in the tank?  Start throwing them out.
Let Ed in, and radio out to ask for an NPC loader, because what player would want to be the loader?  Failing that, let Mr chews-on-periscopes in, he can be loader in exchange for a couple shells.  His player's inactive for the next week anyway. 
Alright.
We'll let Bitey in to be the loader, since he wants those shells. Ed can come in if he wants.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 39