Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]  (Read 12031 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 10:25:00 pm »

Primary Skill: Transmutation magic
Secondary Skill: Summoning magic
These aren't elements. Where are you going to find summoning mana? D:
In summoned creatures. Duh.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 11:14:10 pm »

So, technically, it's a separate form of classification that could get its own bonuses, maybe. Ultimately, it's YOUR choice on whether non-Mana spell classifications are bonusable or not.
I almost did a system like this, but figured it'd be simpler if I did skills by material and left what you're doing with it wide open or improved by traits.

In summoned creatures. Duh.
Fair enough!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 11:16:51 pm »

Is there a way to convert mana from one form to another?

Are we going to regret it if nobody starts with portal magic?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 11:42:17 pm »

Is there a way to convert mana from one form to another?

Are we going to regret it if nobody starts with portal magic?
Not cleanly, but it's vulnerable to tainting by the same general things that would affect its components, such as mixing Heat Mana with Stone Mana to get Lava Mana, or letting some Life Mana get corrupted into Death Mana by surrounding it with rotting corpses. The trick here is that mana is somewhat unpredictable under these circumstances, so sometimes you end up with Convection Mana or a bunch of plant zombies instead.

Not unless you have some very interesting ideas regarding your own portal home. So yes, but no more than any other everything-is-on-fire type skill.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 11:59:21 pm »

Should I change my skills for the sake of practicality?
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2017, 12:11:49 am »

Should I change my skills for the sake of practicality?
Yes.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2017, 02:23:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 02:29:47 pm by AbstractTraitorHero »
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2017, 08:20:11 pm »

Name: Ryan 'Blu' Samson
Primary Skill: Aquamancy
Secondary Skill: First Aid (Would healing magic be more appropriate?)
Physical Description: A young, average height man who bears a large scar across his right cheek. Pale complexion, dark blue eyes, and jet black hair. Usually clad in jeans and a long-sleeve grey shirt.
Bio: Ryan was recruited into the resistance as a medic when the bugs first invaded Alkenia. Shortly before the rebellion as a whole was crushed, he was captured and forced into a life as world-colonizing livestock. Wishes for nothing more than the total and utter extermination of his bug overlords.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2017, 08:52:44 pm »

Hey, we've got people with affinities for all five of the classic elements (earth, air, fire, water, and wood(/plants))!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2017, 08:55:39 pm »

Hey, we've got people with affinities for all five of the classic elements (earth, air, fire, water, and wood(/plants))!
(First thing to come to mind after reading this)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2017, 09:03:58 pm »

Now we just need someone with the Heart Magic skill.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2017, 09:26:18 pm »

Well, one, someone could be lazy and go for a +3 in heart surgery. Two, I could just rip the hearts out of animals and take mana from that. It'd still be living, so I'd get a fair amount of mana. Three, "Heart" is more of an emotion manipulation power, so someone would more likely go with that.

Four, we crank it up to 18 and go for one person for each Pokémon type. We already have six types down- the extra is from crazyabe, who would fit well into the Ground type. See, we're allready 1/3 of the way there. I'd be willing to change into Ice or Psychic, so we'd need 11 more people to cooperate. And 8 more sign-ups. Trust me, it'll be worth it.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2017, 10:12:47 pm »

Well, one, someone could be lazy and go for a +3 in heart surgery. Two, I could just rip the hearts out of animals and take mana from that. It'd still be living, so I'd get a fair amount of mana. Three, "Heart" is more of an emotion manipulation power, so someone would more likely go with that.

Four, we crank it up to 18 and go for one person for each Pokémon type. We already have six types down- the extra is from crazyabe, who would fit well into the Ground type. See, we're allready 1/3 of the way there. I'd be willing to change into Ice or Psychic, so we'd need 11 more people to cooperate. And 8 more sign-ups. Trust me, it'll be worth it.
We could have people double-up on types.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 12, 2017, 06:41:06 am »

We could have people double-up on types.
If we accept doing that, we'll be obligated to try out each and every combination of types. That would make for 324 combinstions of types, including monotypes. We'd have to spread it out over multiple lives, but it'd still just be unrealistic.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2017, 02:33:02 pm »

If it helps: I don't know if I made this clear, but you can learn additional skills, including magic skills, essentially at will. ATHATH caught on to this and appears to intend to powergame his way to infinite traits, but the rest of you can still branch out a bit if you're determined to be the very best like no one ever was.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7