Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]  (Read 12226 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Prelude: All Aboard]
« Reply #60 on: September 14, 2017, 06:08:57 pm »

A another candidates arrives in a run, feet skidding on the floor in his attempt to not fall flat. He kneels down in front of the liaison.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry my master. I miss judged the time, I'll get to work straight away miss."

Bruva stands up and heads to the fabricator and prints out a pot, some basic cooking utensils, and a nutritious food slurry for consumption. Then head to World 12.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 06:28:01 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 14, 2017, 07:53:47 pm »

Lets go check and make some extra food and water before heading off as well as making a backpack or two.
[4] It gives you one backpack, but won't give you a second.

You hop onto the pad and are quickly slurped to your destination.

So I wasn't able to train my comedy skill?
You were not. No gaining xp standing around the portal chatting. D:<

A another candidates arrives in a run, feet skidding on the floor in his attempt to not fall flat. He kneels down in front of the liaison.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry, sorry my master. I miss judged the time, I'll get to work straight away miss."

Bruva stands up and heads to the fabricator and prints out a pot, some basic cooking utensils, and a nutritious food slurry for consumption. Then head to World 12.
The liaison makes a muted trilling "don't worry about it" or "this is beneath my notice" sound.

[3] You print out some pots, though as you recall bugstuff doesn't transfer heat at well as you might want for cooking utensils. You grab some nutrigruel from the feasting hall and are quickly shunted to your new assignment.

Spoiler: Stats For Later (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 16, 2017, 10:21:33 pm »

Fedelmid appears in a flash on the teleporter. Your liaison hums disapprovingly at the gunk caking his boots.

Spoiler: Players (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #63 on: September 17, 2017, 12:00:52 pm »

"A world filled with gunk, nothing there to see. Those others are still there, but I'd be surprised if they find anything."

Try to use the fabricator to create some kind of torch; time to go dungeon hunting (in world 9)!

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 17, 2017, 01:32:22 pm »

Uh, so guys, it turns out that World 12 was the elemental plane of disease or something, and that all that gunk that was there was viruses or something. You might not want to use the teleporter for a few turns.

Voliol, I highly recommend that you try to seek medical assistance instead of trying to go to World 9.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 17, 2017, 08:46:38 pm »

Seems fun. Character me in!

Spoiler: sheeeeeeeeeeeeet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 11:44:27 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 17, 2017, 09:13:09 pm »

Use plant magic/plant mana sensing to determine whether or not the horrible plague-goo is fungal. Try to stay far enough back to not get plagues from it, and cover my mouth and nose with cloth.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2017, 12:16:31 am »

"Plague!? Damn these worlds..."
"Is there a medical area around here?"
"Oh, and I need to get rid of these boots..."

Cancel what I'm currently doing and try to convince the bug to let me go get healed.

Teleport my infected shoewear back into World 12, being extra careful not to touch any plague-gunk while taking them off.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2017, 07:10:52 pm »

Base Faff: Plague Party

"A world filled with gunk, nothing there to see. Those others are still there, but I'd be surprised if they find anything."

Try to use the fabricator to create some kind of torch; time to go dungeon hunting (in world 9)!
The fabricator beeps angrily at you. You growl angrily at the fabricator.

Use plant magic/plant mana sensing to determine whether or not the horrible plague-goo is fungal. Try to stay far enough back to not get plagues from it, and cover my mouth and nose with cloth.
[1] You trip and fall onto Fedelmid's thoroughly plagued boots.

"Plague!? Damn these worlds..."
"Is there a medical area around here?"
"Oh, and I need to get rid of these boots..."

Cancel what I'm currently doing and try to convince the bug to let me go get healed.

Teleport my infected shoewear back into World 12, being extra careful not to touch any plague-gunk while taking them off.

[5] You expertly shimmy off your diseased boots using only your diseased boots, then hit the button to shunt them back to plagueworld. Of course, you were practically swimming in the stuff, so the rest of you isn't much less infected. You go ahead and strip your other clothes off too, leaving only your hands and face slightly plague-encrusted.

The bug makes unhappy noises and directs you to the nearby infirmary. There are healing pods you jump in and in theory they fix you right up, though they're known for being rough and having side effects. There's also a helpful recommendation to tap your own extensive resourcefulness and helpful allies for assistance.

Several more victims from World 12 reappear.

"So... now that you have 'completed' your mission, I'll expect a full debriefing..." the bug mumbles unhappily.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Plague Party]
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2017, 07:19:44 pm »

Going to re-try it, if only to see how much worse I can fail. It's probably easier than figuring out Horrible Plague-Goomancy before I die of horrible plague-goo.

Use plant magic/plant mana sensing to determine whether or not the horrible plague-goo is fungal.
If it's not, get myself to the infirmary.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2017, 08:01:21 pm »

"World 12 is relatively flat, with a few minor hills here and there. Its major feature is being covered in enough mushy material to wade in, which apparently can harden into gunk (*points to the remaining gunk around my eyes*) and encrust into a crusty material (*points to voliol*). We suspect that the gunk causes disease in those that are exposed to it. While I sensed a source of life mana either beneath or in the plague-mush, I could not extract any life mana from the plague mush that is on me. It might be either dead or never alive in the first place; I am not sure which. In theory, the plague mush could be turned into an effective bio-weapon- it started affecting my friend here quite soon after we arrived in World 12. I recommend sending plague magicians to World 12 to investigate it further, and perhaps a telepath to communicate with the plague mush if it is sapient, but I do not recommend creating a permanent settlement there unless it is for research and/or diplomatic purposes (depending on whether or not the plague mush is sapient)."

"Also, you might want to have a cleanup crew sterilize everything that I and everyone else that went to World 12 touched since going there."

Look at Sairian, then point at him.

"And, uh, sterilize what he's touched since we got here too. In fact, you might want to get yourself healing in case I've infected you by talking to you."

Head to the infirmary and get myself/the mush analyzed, then get myself healed up and/or mutated into a horrific abomination.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 09:41:29 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2017, 11:03:28 pm »

Another candidate wheels himself in a wheelchair,  seeming somewhat befuddled by all the individuals present. He looks over his shoulder at the liaison.

"Whazzat? Yes, yes, I'll be doing whatever the, uh, thing is."

Wheel over to the fabricator, and try to get it to produce some low-grade explosives. Then, off to world 9!
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2017, 12:00:22 am »

Another candidate wheels himself in a wheelchair,  seeming somewhat befuddled by all the individuals present. He looks over his shoulder at the liaison.

Wheel over to the fabricator, and try to get it to produce some low-grade explosives. Then, off to world 9!
You, uh, might not want to do that. voliol recently used the fabricator, and he's infected with a plague.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2017, 04:56:35 am »

Squint at the healing pods and slowly enter one while prepared for the worst. Well, a few mutations can't be much worse that a painful death at the hands of a mysterious disease...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2017, 10:56:50 pm »

Base Faff: Everything Is Fine

Going to re-try it, if only to see how much worse I can fail. It's probably easier than figuring out Horrible Plague-Goomancy before I die of horrible plague-goo.

Use plant magic/plant mana sensing to determine whether or not the horrible plague-goo is fungal.
If it's not, get myself to the infirmary.

[6] You enter a trance, sensing, probing, sprouting, se- wait, sprouting?

Okay so the good news is you've identified that there is actually kind of a lot of plant matter in this muck. The bad news is that a good portion of it is now growing out of your face holes. Long story, don't ask.

In any event, this is far more dormant plant life than you'd expect out of incarnate plague. You'd be tempted to call it manure, but you'd think it'd have actual plants growing in it if so. Your bumbling colleagues assure you it was nothing but slop as far as the eye can see.

+2 Plant Magic
Now [Facial Planter]

"World 12 is relatively flat, with a few minor hills here and there. Its major feature is being covered in enough mushy material to wade in, which apparently can harden into gunk (*points to the remaining gunk around my eyes*) and encrust into a crusty material (*points to voliol*). We suspect that the gunk causes disease in those that are exposed to it. While I sensed a source of life mana either beneath or in the plague-mush, I could not extract any life mana from the plague mush that is on me. It might be either dead or never alive in the first place; I am not sure which. In theory, the plague mush could be turned into an effective bio-weapon- it started affecting my friend here quite soon after we arrived in World 12. I recommend sending plague magicians to World 12 to investigate it further, and perhaps a telepath to communicate with the plague mush if it is sapient, but I do not recommend creating a permanent settlement there unless it is for research and/or diplomatic purposes (depending on whether or not the plague mush is sapient)."

"Also, you might want to have a cleanup crew sterilize everything that I and everyone else that went to World 12 touched since going there."

Look at Sairian, then point at him.

"And, uh, sterilize what he's touched since we got here too. In fact, you might want to get yourself healing in case I've infected you by talking to you."

Head to the infirmary and get myself/the mush analyzed, then get myself healed up and/or mutated into a horrific abomination.
The bug visibly slouches.

"Attention auxiliary crew, we have a Code 3," she mumbles into one of her bangles.

You don't see any analyzing tools or personnel at the infirmary, so you stuff yourself in a pod. Like most things bug, it beeps cheerfully before building an ominous hum.

[1] This turns into downright angry beeping noises and an angry hum as the pod begins to extrude nubs and spin rapidly. This has the effect of a scouring washing machine, only the nubs keep getting rougher. Liquid starts pumping into the machine to complete the image.

[1] It finally ejects you as a bleeding, skinless horror a few minutes later, screaming loudly in pain and how-is-this-possibly-helping.

No more [Eye Pain], not that you'd be able to tell
Now [Meaty Skeleton]

The machine foils your attempts to get anything explosive out of it.

You hit the button and appear at your destination...

Squint at the healing pods and slowly enter one while prepared for the worst. Well, a few mutations can't be much worse that a painful death at the hands of a mysterious disease...
You try to ignore the screaming and thrashing coming from a nearby pod as you enter this one.

[2] It gives a series of different-sounding beeps, with no rhyme or reason you can fathom. It also begins spraying you with stuff from different angles. You're not convinced this thing knows what it's doing.

[4] You feel a little woozy by the time it spits you out, but you don't have any muck on you and you don't feel like you're dying. Your skin is now a tie-dye riot of colors, however.

Now [Tie-Dye Colors]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7