Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]  (Read 12177 times)

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Everything Is Fine]
« Reply #75 on: September 21, 2017, 02:42:49 pm »

Fedelmid looks to the side to see a screaming lump of skinless human, presumably one of the other colonizers. It is terrifying.

"...Holy shit."
"......Well, I'm sorry about this, but I don't think I can save you in any other way."

Chug the skinless human back into another healing pod.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 21, 2017, 03:15:23 pm »

"Don't worry guys, it's just horrible plant-plague goo. I got this!"

Use plant magic to render the still-dormant plant seeds inert so there's no need for a full quarantine.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 21, 2017, 08:05:54 pm »

"You know what, I think I'll be fine to go on another mission right now."

Head into World 8.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2017, 08:35:15 pm »

Fedelmid looks to the side to see a screaming lump of skinless human, presumably one of the other colonizers. It is terrifying.

"...Holy shit."
"......Well, I'm sorry about this, but I don't think I can save you in any other way."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHH IIIIITTTTT HHHHUUUUUUURRRRTTTTSSSSS AAAAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHHH WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYY AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP MMMMMEEEEE"

Train my resist pain skill. Let voliol drag me into a healing pod. If the second healing pod doesn't help me, create a new skin for myself out of (solid?) air (using my air magic skill).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2017, 08:37:48 pm »

Use plant magic to render the still-dormant plant seeds inert so there's no need for a full quarantine.
Eh, we should probably go for a full quarantine anyway. I mean, what if they reactivate later or you missed a few or something?

Maybe the muck copies whatever mana type we try to draw from it or our magic skills, then produces an effect based on that? Maybe Yotta was slowly turning into a bug or something.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 22, 2017, 05:29:23 pm »

Base Faff: Solved Forever

"...Holy shit."

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHH IIIIITTTTT HHHHUUUUUUURRRRTTTTSSSSS AAAAAAAAUUUUUGGHHHHH WWWWWHHHHHYYYYYYYYY AAAAAAUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH HHHHEEEEEELLLLLPPPPP MMMMMEEEEE"

Train my resist pain skill. Let voliol drag me into a healing pod. If the second healing pod doesn't help me, create a new skin for myself out of (solid?) air (using my air magic skill).
[4] The pod beeps in apparent alarm as it, presumably, notices that its current occupant is skinless and in agony. Or maybe it just doesn't like the noise. Either way, it begins filling with goo, which significantly reduces the pain.

[1] The Dilettante steps out of the pod, stretching and feeling like a new man. Fedelmid notes that he still has no fucking skin, to which The Dilettante replies "son of a bitch, pod why." He's now covered in a protective mucus which as far as he can tell his body produces at least as fast as it drips off. Technically that's sort of skin?

Now Gooskin

[6] You place all the plant life into a deep slumber where their dreams may yet become truth. That probably won't yield problems later.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to worry about any plant-based apocalypses from the muck everyone brought back. You still have un-dormant plants growing out of your face, though.

+2 Plant Magic

"You know what, I think I'll be fine to go on another mission right now."

Head into World 8.
You hop onto the platform and are off.

((Feel free to post an action there if you get around to it before I run another turn to drop you in formally.))

Mr. Jane pops back in, clutching a low smoldering bundle of ferns. The bug makes unhappy grumbling noises.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Solved Forever]
« Reply #81 on: September 22, 2017, 05:53:49 pm »

Check to see if I can still fly. Then head to World 8.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 22, 2017, 07:33:07 pm »

You still have un-dormant plants growing out of your face, though.
I have an emergency weapon and self-defense possibility. It is exactly as safe as everything else I've just done, and I have been assured that the problem is solved forever.

I'm going to hop on over to world 8 without looking at the thread first, 'cuz I'm a real man.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 22, 2017, 08:00:51 pm »

Unless there's a good reason to suspect otherwise, feel free to post in your new destination without waiting for the official transition.

You still have un-dormant plants growing out of your face, though.
I have an emergency weapon and self-defense possibility. It is exactly as safe as everything else I've just done, and I have been assured that the problem is solved forever.

I'm going to hop on over to world 8 without looking at the thread first, 'cuz I'm a real man.
All problems solved forever, you two step onto the platform and push the button to World 8.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

voliol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Website
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2017, 05:21:05 am »

[6] You place all the plant life into a deep slumber where their dreams may yet become truth. That probably won't yield problems later.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to worry about any plant-based apocalypses from the muck everyone brought back. You still have un-dormant plants growing out of your face, though.

+2 Plant Magic

Does this include the muck that may or may not have been on the fabricator due to me messing with it while being covered with the stuff? I.e. should the fabricator be safe now?
If that's the case I leave the infirmary to go to the fabricator and fabricate some simple torches. Then I go to world 9.
Otherwise, I go directly for world 8.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2017, 07:08:46 am »

I rolled a 6 and IO said all problems, so I'm sure it's fine. We're not contaminating all our potential worlds or anything.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2017, 01:28:47 pm »

"Hey, back in my day a smoldering bundle of ferns was quite the precious commodity! Ferns, you see, were a good substitute for flowers if you wanted to impress a girl. Why, I remember way back then I had taken a ferry over across the river to Genniville to get some ferns for Emma, who was a girl I liked. So I went to Shelbyville, which is what Genniville was called back in those days. I tied an onion to my belt, which was the fashion at the time. Now, the ferry itself was run by a fellow named Ron, who I knew quite well. Now Ron, he was always running out of money, and I was able to get free rides on the ferry if I gave him some money whenever I ran into him in town. Nice guy, was Ron, he was a big fan of gardening and such. Now where was I... oh yeah, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt. It was a white one, not a yellow one, because all of the yellow onions had been bought up by old man Jenkins that past Sunday and none had come in to replace them..."

As I ramble on nonsensically, try to get the fabricator to manufacture some explosives again. Whether it can or not, head over to world 8.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 24, 2017, 01:25:10 am »

Base Faff: All Aboard

The magic has worn off.

Does this include the muck that may or may not have been on the fabricator due to me messing with it while being covered with the stuff? I.e. should the fabricator be safe now?
If that's the case I leave the infirmary to go to the fabricator and fabricate some simple torches. Then I go to world 9.
Otherwise, I go directly for world 8.

It's all the muck.

The fabricator continues to refuse to craft you anything flammable. You promptly leave for World 8.

"Hey, back in my day a smoldering bundle of ferns was quite the precious commodity! Ferns, you see, were a good substitute for flowers if you wanted to impress a girl. Why, I remember way back then I had taken a ferry over across the river to Genniville to get some ferns for Emma, who was a girl I liked. So I went to Shelbyville, which is what Genniville was called back in those days. I tied an onion to my belt, which was the fashion at the time. Now, the ferry itself was run by a fellow named Ron, who I knew quite well. Now Ron, he was always running out of money, and I was able to get free rides on the ferry if I gave him some money whenever I ran into him in town. Nice guy, was Ron, he was a big fan of gardening and such. Now where was I... oh yeah, the important thing was that I had an onion on my belt. It was a white one, not a yellow one, because all of the yellow onions had been bought up by old man Jenkins that past Sunday and none had come in to replace them..."

As I ramble on nonsensically, try to get the fabricator to manufacture some explosives again. Whether it can or not, head over to world 8.
Despite your wellspring of wisdom, the fabricator doesn't seem to be able to produce anything even remotely explosive. You head off to World 8 with everyone else.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 24, 2017, 11:17:18 am »

The magic has worn off.
?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: All Aboard]
« Reply #89 on: September 24, 2017, 03:18:38 pm »

I forgot you were a birdperson, so I just assumed you had been using air magic at some point I had forgotten about.

Flying will likely be quite difficult with goo instead of feathers.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7