Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]  (Read 12179 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: All Aboard]
« Reply #90 on: September 24, 2017, 03:24:07 pm »

I forgot you were a birdperson, so I just assumed you had been using air magic at some point I had forgotten about.

Flying will likely be quite difficult with goo instead of feathers.
But you said that everything had been solved forever!
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 24, 2017, 06:06:05 pm »

After I finish despairing melodramatically, see if I can apply some sort of permanent flight enchantment to myself.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 27, 2017, 07:11:14 pm »

Base Faff: Complications

After I finish despairing melodramatically, see if I can apply some sort of permanent flight enchantment to myself.
You suspect a permanent flight enchantment is going to require a trait. Fortunately, you're due a few traits. Unfortunately, they involve experimental rules that haven't been tested on the greater mook pile yet.

Trait Gained: Select One

-Flight Enchantment: May spend Air Magic charges to automatically fly.
(Skill levels now grant charges on mission, so a +5 Air Mage has 5/5 charges to cast air magic with. External sources of mana can extend this.)

-Panicked Lizard Mantra: May remove a status ailment by shedding your skin. Obvious side effects tend to ensue.

-Just A Flesh Wound: May recover 1 HP at the cost of a debilitating status ailment.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Complications]
« Reply #93 on: September 27, 2017, 08:18:48 pm »

Choose Flight Enchantment as a trait. Charge up my POWAH (a.k.a. my Air Mana reserves) from the surrounding air.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 27, 2017, 08:19:41 pm »

Also, I like the fact that our status ailments now have descriptions in our character sheets.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2017, 03:25:58 pm »

Base Faff: Chosen Path

Choose Flight Enchantment as a trait. Charge up my POWAH (a.k.a. my Air Mana reserves) from the surrounding air.
You sit and mediate, drawing in mana from the air. It's slow, and this air in particular is obnoxiously tainted with goo and such, but it works. You make sure you're at full charge on Life mana as well, while you're at it.

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Chosen Path]
« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2017, 03:31:00 pm »

Head to World 3.

What did the Ironclad world trait do again?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Chosen Path]
« Reply #97 on: October 06, 2017, 12:07:00 am »

Base Faff: Off Again

Head to World 3.

What did the Ironclad world trait do again?
((Ironclad means the world is severely stable in a metaphysical sense. While this would normally be a good thing, it implies some powerful force is keeping it such, which might in turn suggest complications to your own presence there.))

You step on the teleporter, hit the button, and arrive at your destination.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Off Again]
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2017, 04:05:07 pm »

Turn to face glorious insect overlord.

"I got a report to give, right this second! You see, this world 8 place is pretty dark and wet, like a poorly-insulated root cellar. I mean, this is a really wet root cellar, like the one at my Uncle Ron's house. The thing was that Ron never actually used his root cellar, and so he never actually repaired it. So as time went on, the ceiling started to leak real bad, and it was almost like there was rain in there. Me, I though it was a lot like a rain forest. Now, I'm not saying world 8 is like a rain forest, it just was all rainy and thundery and such. So I get there, and there's this big old castle, made of stone. It reminded me of the castles they had at fair I went to back when I was thirty, but those castles were made of paper and wood and paint, and not real stone. The paint back then wasn't very good, because they had to make the dyes out of fruits and vegetables, and so all the colors looked a lot like the ones you'd see in food. Of course, if you tried to eat the paint you'd just straight up die, 'cause it's paint. But as I was saying, there was a castle, and a bunch of crazy cultists there with a church of fighting. This wasn't no nice peaceful church like the Church of Seven back in Wilbusville. I remember going to Senbaville, which was what we called Willbusville back then, and I saw this big huge church, all fancy and stuff. There was a nice old priest there, and he was a good fellow. I learned that his name was Sam, and we had these long, pleasant conversations about all sorts of things whenever I was back in town before we had a falling out. This wasn't a nice church like the Seven, and there certainly was no Sam. You see, these cultist peoples love fighting, and violence. Now, I've been in a few fistfights in my own time, back before I was in this here wheelchair. But I never got into fights like these people were all into. You see, it seems that this whole world 8 place is obsessed with fighting, and the dominance of strength and power. I wanted nothing to do with it, partially because I know I can't win no fights in my condition, but also because I didn't like the feel of these cultists. I never like cultists, not since Sam started his own cult, he called it the Eight. There's another thing I didn't like about this place, it was called world 8 and I have bad feelings about the number 8 since Sam started going all crazy-like. But that's pretty much the whole story right there."
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 06:52:02 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »

"I got a report to give, right this second! You see, this world 8 place is pretty dark and wet, like a poorly-insulated root cellar. I mean, this is a really wet root cellar, like the one at my Uncle Ron's house. The thing was that Ron never actually used his root cellar, and so he never actually repaired it. So as time went on, the ceiling started to leak real bad, and it was almost like there was rain in there. Me, I though it was a lot like a rain forest. Now, I'm not saying world 8 is like a rain forest, it just was all rainy and thundery and such. So I get there, and there's this big old castle, made of stone. It reminded me of the castles they had at fair I went to back when I was thirty, but those castles were made of paper and wood and paint, and not real stone. The paint back then wasn't very good, because they had to make the dyes out of fruits and vegetables, and so all the colors looked a lot like the ones you'd see in food. Of course, if you tried to eat the paint you'd just straight up die, 'cause it's paint. But as I was saying, there was a castle, and a bunch of crazy cultists there with a church of fighting. This wasn't no nice peaceful church like the Church of Seven back in Wilbusville. I remember going to Senbaville, which was what we called Willbusville back then, and I saw this big huge church, all fancy and stuff. There was a nice old priest there, and he was a good fellow. I learned that his name was Sam, and we had these long,
 pleasant conversations about all sorts of things whenever I was back in town before we had a falling out. This wasn't a nice church like the Seven, and there certainly was no Sam. You see, these cultist peoples love fighting, and violence. Now, I've been in a few fistfights in my own time, back before I was in this here wheelchair. But I never got into fights like these people were all into. You see, it seems that this whole world 8 place is obsessed with fighting, and the dominance of strength and power. I wanted nothing to do with it, partially because I know I can't win no fights in my condition, but also because I didn't like the feel of these cultists. I never like cultists, not since Sam started his own cult, he called it the Eight. There's another thing I didn't like about this place, it was called world 8 and I have bad feelings about the number 8 since Sam started going all crazy-like. But that's pretty much the whole story right there."

This character is the best thing.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 19, 2017, 10:03:20 pm »

Base Faff: Standard Procedure

"I got a report to give, right this second! You see, this world 8 place is pretty dark and wet, like a poorly-insulated root cellar. I mean, this is a really wet root cellar, like the one at my Uncle Ron's house. The thing was that Ron never actually used his root cellar, and so he never actually repaired it. So as time went on, the ceiling started to leak real bad, and it was almost like there was rain in there. Me, I though it was a lot like a rain forest. Now, I'm not saying world 8 is like a rain forest, it just was all rainy and thundery and such. So I get there, and there's this big old castle, made of stone. It reminded me of the castles they had at fair I went to back when I was thirty, but those castles were made of paper and wood and paint, and not real stone. The paint back then wasn't very good, because they had to make the dyes out of fruits and vegetables, and so all the colors looked a lot like the ones you'd see in food. Of course, if you tried to eat the paint you'd just straight up die, 'cause it's paint. But as I was saying, there was a castle, and a bunch of crazy cultists there with a church of fighting. This wasn't no nice peaceful church like the Church of Seven back in Wilbusville. I remember going to Senbaville, which was what we called Willbusville back then, and I saw this big huge church, all fancy and stuff. There was a nice old priest there, and he was a good fellow. I learned that his name was Sam, and we had these long, pleasant conversations about all sorts of things whenever I was back in town before we had a falling out. This wasn't a nice church like the Seven, and there certainly was no Sam. You see, these cultist peoples love fighting, and violence. Now, I've been in a few fistfights in my own time, back before I was in this here wheelchair. But I never got into fights like these people were all into. You see, it seems that this whole world 8 place is obsessed with fighting, and the dominance of strength and power. I wanted nothing to do with it, partially because I know I can't win no fights in my condition, but also because I didn't like the feel of these cultists. I never like cultists, not since Sam started his own cult, he called it the Eight. There's another thing I didn't like about this place, it was called world 8 and I have bad feelings about the number 8 since Sam started going all crazy-like. But that's pretty much the whole story right there."
Your handler deflates visibly as you ramble to her about... a lot of things, really! You're a wellspring of information.

"I'll... make a note..."

Set out a plan with mine host for the training program, then go back to our wonderful insect employer, and report that I have managed to discover a workforce even more expendable and foolhardy than ourselves. Shift to main thread, I guess?
"As a reminder, we frown on containment breaches, you are personally responsible for any and all damages and damage-like conditions resulting from your containment breaches, and the safety chamber is exclusively for higher personnel."

Seems she's determined to see the glass half empty.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]
« Reply #101 on: October 20, 2017, 04:03:53 am »

Brian makes his most obsequious apologies, then fetches the fight club and takes them to World Three.
One wheel short of a wagon

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]
« Reply #102 on: October 21, 2017, 12:27:01 am »

"That's good! Notes are good, that is. Why, back in my day...

Wheel out of earshot, and see if the fabricator is now willing to make explosives. Regardless, head over to world 3 after this attempt."

"...and so that there is the story of how I lost my knackers to that door-to-door salesman. Now where was I? Oh yes, to adventure!"
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]