Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Arcane Utopia RTD [Base Faff: Standard Procedure]  (Read 12026 times)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Prelude: Questions and Answers]
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2017, 03:18:51 pm »

Have the fabricator print out some silky rope, and then a few large cloths. Then, try to get a large, loose robe- the kind of thing you'd see stereotypical desert-dwellers wearing- out of the machine.

With that done, nothing much more to do but go through.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »

Blu adopts a very noticeable scowl after hearing Brian's words.
"So 'Sturdy' means we might face intelligent resistance then? Wonderful. World 8 it is."

Gather food and water from the feasting hall. Attempt to get rope, basic first aid supplies, and some sort of weapon from the fabricator. Afterwords, embark with the others to World 8.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2017, 03:32:17 pm »

I Try the fabricator for a hammer, a pickaxe, a chisel, and a Massivebomb plus some Insectiside nice pair of pants.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 13, 2017, 03:58:01 pm »

Brian tries to gather the World 8 crew.

"First thing we need, more than weapons, armour or knowledge, is a plan. I suggest that the more powerful individuals among us go first, armored, and identify any immediate hazards, before either returning or altering the circumstances so we may enter in relative safety. That would be Karen, or any more combat-focused people who choose to join us. They will alter as little as possible if it means disturbing wider affairs in the world, such as by alerting nearby indigenous peoples or interfering with complex and responsive plant structures. Once the situation is stable, we must identify what can and cannot be disturbed, and what long-term threats exist, before we touch anything we do not have to."
One wheel short of a wagon

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Prelude: Everything Is... Nice...]
« Reply #49 on: September 13, 2017, 04:33:40 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 13, 2017, 04:41:10 pm »

Suzume smiles giving a small salute. Before heading on over to the fabricator.
Well well well lets make some mapping tools!
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2017, 06:52:37 pm »

Prelude: Shiny Buttons

Have the fabricator print out some silky rope, and then a few large cloths. Then, try to get a large, loose robe- the kind of thing you'd see stereotypical desert-dwellers wearing- out of the machine.

With that done, nothing much more to do but go through.

[4] It gives you some rope. You would not describe it as silky. It also beeps angrily at you when you try to get anything else cloth-related out of it.

Blu adopts a very noticeable scowl after hearing Brian's words.
"So 'Sturdy' means we might face intelligent resistance then? Wonderful. World 8 it is."

Gather food and water from the feasting hall. Attempt to get rope, basic first aid supplies, and some sort of weapon from the fabricator. Afterwords, embark with the others to World 8.
You gather up some of the... pods they like to feed you in the feasting hall. They're fruit-like, but you're not sure they're actually fruit.

[4] It gives you some rope, but attempts to get first aid supplies are a mix of you and the machine cursing angrily at each other.

[3] You get a club. You were hoping for a sword or axe or something, but telling the damned thing what you want is a pain.

I Try the fabricator for a hammer, a pickaxe, a chisel, and a Massivebomb plus some Insectiside nice pair of pants.
[2] Operating the machine is... not your strong point. You end up with a lot of lumps at max hardness, which in a pinch you suppose could be used as a hammer, a... pickaxe insofar as a pickaxe is something you bash other rocks with, a chisel insofar as a chisel is something you beat into something else, and...

[5] HAHA! PANTS! It takes a ton of material to make yourself pants normally, but you get it to give you a nicely fitting pair with only a minimum of angrily cursing the sky.

Brian tries to gather the World 8 crew.

"First thing we need, more than weapons, armour or knowledge, is a plan. I suggest that the more powerful individuals among us go first, armored, and identify any immediate hazards, before either returning or altering the circumstances so we may enter in relative safety. That would be Karen, or any more combat-focused people who choose to join us. They will alter as little as possible if it means disturbing wider affairs in the world, such as by alerting nearby indigenous peoples or interfering with complex and responsive plant structures. Once the situation is stable, we must identify what can and cannot be disturbed, and what long-term threats exist, before we touch anything we do not have to."
You try to advocate caution and planning. Instead someone drags you onto the platform and pushes a button.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You arrive a little late, just as a large group is porting through. Oh well, still plenty of time to read the menu.

Suzume smiles giving a small salute. Before heading on over to the fabricator.
Well well well lets make some mapping tools!
[4] It doesn't like it when you try to make cloth, so you get some very thin tablets instead. The implement is trickier, but by darkening it and making it softer, you manage to get several sticks of charcoal or chalk equivalent.

World 8 Team
You all get onto the platform, voluntarily or otherwise, and scramble over each other for the honor of pushing the button. The end result is a group effort, and you're all sucked through tubes of light towards your destination.

Spoiler: World 12 Team (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Other Mooks (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Prelude: Shiny Buttons]
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2017, 07:02:36 pm »

"Ah, thanks for the explanation. Now, a small question about our Fabrications; are there any particular...weaknesses, of the materials it uses? For example, being brittle, mildly toxic, other such things?"

See if transparent materials ca be made with it, and if so, fabricate a telescope.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2017, 07:18:58 pm »

"I-I, p-personally th-think that W-World 12 i-is the b-best option. It h-has a lot of l-life forms, i-isn't decaying r-rapidly, a-and isn't, w-well, ah, p-perpetually on f-fire."

Dilettante's claustrophobia/not-able-to-see-the-sky-phobia is in full effect. He attempts to tell a lame joke to lighten the mood/distract himself from the oppressive walls augh oh sweet elemental lords of air they're coming for me why/train his "Comedy" skill.

If someone else tries to leave to World 12, he'll join them.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2017, 12:12:54 am »

((Was there a reason I wasn't included in the world 8 team?))

Join the World 8 team, head through portal.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 14, 2017, 07:09:04 am »

Nar examines the fabrication unit with the kind of intensity that betrays a desire to break open and reverse-engineer the contraption.

Fiddle around with the Fabricator until it spits out a set of basic metalworking tools (hammers, tongs, file), bellows, a  backpack, and something to start a fire with. Then collect some food and join the world 8 expedition.
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 14, 2017, 04:31:52 pm »

Prelude: All Aboard

"Ah, thanks for the explanation. Now, a small question about our Fabrications; are there any particular...weaknesses, of the materials it uses? For example, being brittle, mildly toxic, other such things?"

See if transparent materials ca be made with it, and if so, fabricate a telescope.
"Fabricated items are recommended for temporary use only. Consider alternatives for long-term needs."

The Fabricator seems unable to produce clear items, or even adjust the transparency of its material.

Nar examines the fabrication unit with the kind of intensity that betrays a desire to break open and reverse-engineer the contraption.

Fiddle around with the Fabricator until it spits out a set of basic metalworking tools (hammers, tongs, file), bellows, a  backpack, and something to start a fire with. Then collect some food and join the world 8 expedition.
[4] You get the metalworking tools, [5] and successfully craft a bellows and backpack out of the scale-fabric. You can't figure out how to get something to start fires with, though.

You stuff some food pellets into your backpack and join someone else in pushing the button to World 8.

((Was there a reason I wasn't included in the world 8 team?))

Join the World 8 team, head through portal.
((I think I hadn't started sorting players yet and you weren't trying to go there yet? An odd oversight, in any case.))

You step onto the platform and are soon plummeting through light to your destination.

"I-I, p-personally th-think that W-World 12 i-is the b-best option. It h-has a lot of l-life forms, i-isn't decaying r-rapidly, a-and isn't, w-well, ah, p-perpetually on f-fire."

Dilettante's claustrophobia/not-able-to-see-the-sky-phobia is in full effect. He attempts to tell a lame joke to lighten the mood/distract himself from the oppressive walls augh oh sweet elemental lords of air they're coming for me why/train his "Comedy" skill.

If someone else tries to leave to World 12, he'll join them.

Well, I'm leaving now.

Leave for world 12, and prepare for the impending chill
You hop onto the platform together, push the button, and reap the rewards.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Prelude: All Aboard]
« Reply #58 on: September 14, 2017, 04:43:24 pm »

Lets go check and make some extra food and water before heading off as well as making a backpack or two.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Utopia RTD [Prelude: All Aboard]
« Reply #59 on: September 14, 2017, 05:54:26 pm »

So I wasn't able to train my comedy skill?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7