Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: help me in modding the noble  (Read 1063 times)

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
help me in modding the noble
« on: September 09, 2017, 03:22:09 pm »

i try to make emperor noble (my own modified monarch) so to make my retired adventurer in my first fortress mode embark get the title (still a plan btw just to give my future adventurer a reward), but when i try, its not show up in noble screen even though wiki say that if i give position token [APPOINTED_BY:] example like [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER] i can give the title,yet its not show up in noble screen.

also giving them [SITE] actually show it up and i can choose the person to get the title, but in wiki it say that every site will have the same government instead of the whole civilization, which is not what i want.

also so far as i check, my emperor and other monarch still have no ruler so i believe i cant have it in noble screen is not because someone already taking the title.

here the example:
Code: [Select]
[POSITION:SUPREME]
[NAME_MALE:Supreme Emperor:Supreme Emperor]
[NAME_FEMALE:Supreme Empress:Supreme Empress]
  [NUMBER:1]
  [SPOUSE_MALE:Supreme Emperor consort:Supreme Emperor consort]
[SPOUSE_FEMALE:Supreme Empress consort:Supreme Empress consort]
[SQUAD:200:Royal Black Knight:Royal Black Knights]
  [COMMANDER:GENERAL:ALL]
                [APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
  [SUCCESSION:BY_HEIR]
[SUCCESSION:BY_POSITION:MONARCH]
  [GENDER:MALE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:LAW_MAKING]
[RESPONSIBILITY:RECEIVE_DIPLOMATS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_GOALS]
[RESPONSIBILITY:EXECUTIONS]
  [EXECUTION_SKILL:SWORD]
[PRECEDENCE:1]
  [SPECIAL_BURIAL]
[RULES_FROM_LOCATION]
[PUNISHMENT_EXEMPTION]
[FLASHES]
[BRAG_ON_KILL]
[CHAT_WORTHY]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[KILL_QUEST]
[EXPORTED_IN_LEGENDS]
[DETERMINES_COIN_DESIGN]
        [COLOR:5:0:1]
[ACCOUNT_EXEMPT]
[DEMAND_MAX:0]
[MANDATE_MAX:0]

or maybe can you guys tell me other solution to get into real monarch? can i be considered the ONLY ruler of entire civilization if example i turn them into similar like the baron with [LAND_HOLDER] token ? (its not limited to 3 step right ? example [LAND_HOLDER: 4]) or by giving [REPLACED_BY] token would it work ?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:06:06 pm by Hiul »

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: help me in modding the noble
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 10:57:36 pm »

bump

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 11:10:36 pm »

Things that have SUCCESSION cannot be assigned. Much like how you can't appoint MAYORs they are voted in altho that is thanks to [ELECTED]

You will notice that vanilla MONARCHs and even EXP_LEADERS have nothing that will appoint them they just get magically chosen.

So either remove the appointed by (also EXP_LEADER is replaced by MAYORs so I suggest adding two if you want appointed by) or remove the SUCCESSIONs

Also if you don't want them to mandate/demand, just exclude those tags, I believe 0 just defaults to 1

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2017, 09:09:51 pm »

ah thanks for the explanation  :D gonna check it i guess
also can landholder surpass three step? i mean like the baron,count,duke, can i give more pass that ?

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2017, 11:43:04 pm »

Currently I'm a bit rusty on Entity modding details, trying to get back in, slowly.
I want to lean on the side that those numbers are hardcoded (levels that is) for what that land becomes as it grows larger.
But seeing as Dwarves are the only ones that use this it could be something you might be able to make up. But remember vanilla Monarchs don't "Hold Land" it's only Dukes, Counts, and Barons (or whatever the real order is) that is because a Baron and a King could be at the same site (mainly I think this is just when you're playing a dying race in fortress mode) so you can experiment and alter those trigger values and see if you can get over the 3rd level.

So I'm 50/50 I want to say hardcoded but that's because I haven't really tried testing it, and because I haven't any solid proof I'm willing to say I'm also wrong and you can have as many triggers you want for LAND_HOLDERs and the respected nobles to rule them

Hiul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 01:03:58 pm »

so far as i check on my new land holder it show up as one of the list in the world region history but of course its still blank..... the same with the LAND_HOLDER:2 AND LAND_HOLDER:3 does world gen only allowed civ to reach Land holder:1 ? cus when i check on vanila dwarf civ it also show it like that, and also when i see the vanila baron,count,duke they have the SUCCESSION too even though they also have the APPOINTED_BY:MONARCH token.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2017, 04:18:33 pm »

I'm not sure how I missed that, I think your best bet might to make the normal MONARCH the LAND_HOLDER 4 so grand emperor is the default and MONARCH can set Duke COunts, and Barons as well as the Grand Emperor