Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Some way to regain favor?  (Read 1912 times)

Ronnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Some way to regain favor?
« on: September 09, 2017, 06:39:07 pm »

I wouldn't be surprised if there wasn't, but is there some way to make the people of a certain settlement not hate you and spit at you for killing one of them?

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
Re: Some way to regain favor?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 04:12:26 am »

From my experience: No.
I kill often some People in villages or towns. The inhabitants hate me everytime when i killed bandits, nightcreatures or Titans too.
You can ask the People about you. They say often that you are a killer and murdered somebody, but you are also a legendary hero(or something similar).

The old apple revels in its authority.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 07:46:58 am »

I kill often some People in villages or towns. The inhabitants hate me everytime when i killed bandits, nightcreatures or Titans too.
You can ask the People about you. They say often that you are a killer and murdered somebody, but you are also a legendary hero(or something similar).

They don't hate me for killing a night creature. They hail me as a hero, but call me a killer because technically I am one.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 08:50:49 am »

It may be possible with enough time, events and improved reputation, but there isn't a quick and easy way. I'm not hanging around any one location for that amount of time, but I'm watching how long my character will hold a grudge against a companion for killing another party member.

Ronnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2017, 01:22:28 pm »

I suspected as much. Otherwise, my new adventurer has been tasked with hunting down a bellowing creature. Anyone know how to kill one of them?  ???

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 09:34:12 pm »

I suspected as much. Otherwise, my new adventurer has been tasked with hunting down a bellowing creature. Anyone know how to kill one of them?  ???

Get a few companions, ask for directions to the lair, then aim for the head or throat. Of the creature, not of the quest-giver.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2017, 05:25:06 pm »

They will call you a killer if you kill a bandit because you are technically a killer if you killed someone. But they wont spit at you, they will hail you as a protector of the weak then. Calling you a killer doesn't mean they hate you, spitting means they hate you.
If they hate you for killing a "bandit" it probabbly wasn't. It was probably a town guard.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 03:53:16 am »

They will call you a killer if you kill a bandit because you are technically a killer if you killed someone. But they wont spit at you, they will hail you as a protector of the weak then. Calling you a killer doesn't mean they hate you, spitting means they hate you.
If they hate you for killing a "bandit" it probabbly wasn't. It was probably a town guard.
Yes they call you then a killer. But they don't hate you for that because you killed a Bandit. Sometimes People don'T care about killing one of the inhabitants in their town. They say "it was ineviltable"
But when they hate you for killing one of their villagemates, they spit every time at you. Even when you are a legendary hero. And they never stopped.
The old apple revels in its authority.