Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: Newscience - Discovering a New Universe!  (Read 13512 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: Newscience - Discovering a New Universe!
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2017, 05:18:15 pm »

Geology Survey I:
When we dig mineshafts, how common are each of the metals and whatnot we find? Do we find any materials not found on Earth?
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2017, 07:07:38 pm »

Project Proposal: Testing if volume changes with temperature
Objective: Test whether liquids obtained from various experiments change volume upon exposure to varying temperatures.
Expected outcome: When it gets hotter, it gains volume.
Hypothesis: N/A
Method: Get as many liquids as possible, preferably the purest forms of liquids: Oil, Water, and all the fluids from Paxiecrunchle's Plant Tissue Disollution, as well as any other reasonably acquirable liquids.

Create glass vials, and fill them halfway with a chosen liquid, and seal them with wax and cover it with molten glass to create a glass vial that is cylindrical, roughly 6 inches long. Expose them to heat and cold, measure how much volume the resulting substances have, and note any interesting effects.
Materials: Oil, Water, liquids from Paxiecrunchle's Plant Tissue Dissolution and glass vials created for test, along with heating and cooling sources.

Project Proposal: Lets Melt things.
Objective: Melt substances, pour in brick mold.
Expected outcome: When you melt a rock, you will gain a rock-like substance when it cools down.
Method: Build a furnace, using boiling water that is heated until it boils, and the resulting gasses are funneled to the bottom of a stone pad where it will be promptly lit. Take care to completely seal the boiled water beside the input and the lighting system so that no gasses exchange between the boiling system and the air. Once the vapor is lit, it will heat the clay pad unless it doesn't. if the pad is not heated, use regular means of obtaining heat to heat the pad. The heated pad will melt the chosen object on the top of it since it is built so as to retain heat like a box. Once the substance hopefully becomes a liquid, a hole is created and the material is poured into a brick mold, where it is examined after it is cooled by 2 test substances: a bath of cool water and by the air in its mold. Multiple bricks of the same substance are made and quenched for further testing purposes. Materials to be melted in order are Bone flakes, Bone core, Sandstone from both top and bottom layers, Quartz, Sedimentary Rock, Basalt, The Severed heads of less scientific folk (Flesh and all), Dirt, Wooden Logs, Flayed Skin.
Materials: Clay fired Furnace with Clay fired Mould, Boiling Water apparatus, upside down funnel which leads into the furnace, designated meltin' materials.
If the test is successful, refer to the melting apparatus as the "Melta"

Project Proposal: Boil Blood
Objective: Boil Blood
Expected outcome:Blood Boils, leaving behind weird boiled blood dust.
Method: Get a pot of blood from anywhere, taking note ot use only one source, preferably enemies of the scientific tribe. Boil it. Observe.
Materials: Pot. Boiling apparatus. Blood.

Project Proposal: Lensing for the purposes of infinite power.
Objective: Create a magnifying lens, and hook it up so that it acts like a typical magnifying glass for the purposes of scientific destruction.
Expected outcome: Lens will focus light, and burn objects.
Method: Create a magnifying lens, and hook it up so that it acts like a typical magnifying glass when exposed to the sun which will focus the light of the Sun to a single point. use it to melt local ant equivalents. Create massive lens, use it to boil water, figure out how big of a lense we can get before something interesting happens.

Project Proposal: Exposing Boiling Water to plants.
Objective: Expose boiling water to Plants.
Expected Outcome: Plants wither.
Method: Obtain Boiling Water, expose it to a log, along with several other plant substances, and observe.

Project Proposal: Creating Leather
Objective: Using raw animal/Human Skins and various substances, (Lye, Acids, Salt, Fresh Blood), prevent the skins from rotting.
Expected Outcome: A Set of preserved Skins and slash or Leathers.
Method: Coat the one of each skin from every source from each substance and potential preservation process so that in the end, we end up with one skin that is coated with a single substance, which is neatly placed on a drying rack.
Materials: Several samples of raw skins from both animal and human donors. Lie, Acid, Salt, Fresh Blood. A tanning Rack

Project Proposal: Creating CharCoal
Objective: Creating Charcoal by primitive methods.
Expected Outcome, a pile of charred, and slightly dirty plant material.
Method: Create a large pile of wood, cover it with dirt, and create a fire on top, and let it cook long enough so that when it is covered in dirt, it will smoke. Wait until it stops smoking, and unearth the pile and note what it looks like. If charcoal is successfully made, put some into some water and watch, I want to know if it disolves in water.
Materials: Dirt. Wood. Workers. Time.

Project Proposal: Psychic Powers
Objective: Testing if psionics is real.
Expected Outcome: Nothing happens.
Method: Get the strongest willed men and woman, and get them to stare at a goat, ordering them to kill the goat with their force of will. Afterwords, get them to stare at a rock, ordering them to move it. observe.
Materials: Our most willful men and woman.

Theory: When water is boiled, a super element is made which ignites in contact with fire.

How the hell did we get Lye?
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2017, 12:00:07 am »

Project Proposal: Psychic Powers
Side project to this: Search historical, religious and mythological records for supernatural things. Note in particular things that shouldn't be possible but which are considered mundane and accessible within such records.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2017, 06:30:01 am »

Perhaps also text to see if psychic sensing or anything of the sort is possible in this universe.

Hypothesis; Nothing like extrasensory perception exists in this universe.
Testing method; At least 20 people claiming to have such skills, two individuals with no such claims[as observers] and two soundproof rooms with an elevated platform for the observers to watch from. In each room, there shall be eleven people, 1 observer, 10 ''espers'' the goal shall be to ask the those with reported abilities to describe and influence events occurring in the other room

Expected result; ComedyNo ability to describe or influence events in the other room occurring.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: November 07, 2017, 02:58:28 pm »

So, err is this dead?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: November 07, 2017, 03:08:20 pm »

So, err is this dead?

Mostly, as I've A) lost interest B) started NaNoWriMo C) started watching SPAMOVERLORD like a hawk and D) have real life things.

Expect it to randomly come back to life in a month.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: November 07, 2017, 04:53:30 pm »

So, err is this dead?

Mostly, as I've A) lost interest B) started NaNoWriMo C) started watching SPAMOVERLORD like a hawk and D) have real life things.

What is that second thing?

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: November 07, 2017, 04:54:15 pm »

So, err is this dead?

National Novel Writing Month. Look it up. It's a thing.

#ThreadDerailed
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: November 07, 2017, 05:01:30 pm »

So, err is this dead?

#ThreadDerailed

I would read any novel written by you.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: November 07, 2017, 05:09:04 pm »

So, err is this dead?

#ThreadDerailed

I would read any novel written by you.

You actually think my writing is decent?

The novel I wrote last year was called Genre: Realistic Fiction and was about these two kids that realize they're in a novel and manipulate cliches in order to better their world.
The one I'm writing now is about this high schooler that finds out his ex is a Mesopotamian demon. Although I haven't gotten to it yet, the main conflict is about free will v.s. fate - the human ability to decide our future v.s. the metahuman ability to predict it all.

(#DerailmentContinues)

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: November 07, 2017, 07:55:31 pm »

thats pretty cool, I would come in but I don't think I'd be able to hold myself to writing that much & keeping up class wise.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]