Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 125

Author Topic: FEF: Death to Traitors: Chapter 5  (Read 70605 times)

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FEF: Death to Traitors: Prologue
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2017, 10:24:48 pm »

Rune stared blankly at the man for a few seconds before flatly commenting,

"Ah. So you're an idiot. Good to know."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2017, 10:25:58 pm »

"You may kill me, but you may never insult me. A man of my godly talents needs no reassurance, save from himself."

I_Like_Pi

• Bay Watcher
  • The way of Pi
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2017, 10:27:52 pm »

Evra internally questioned how such a man was selected for this mission. She did not, however, keep her conclusion to herself.

"I suppose even idiots have their use."
My Fire Emblem on Forums: Magi Wars OOC | IC
Magi Wars sidestory: Rotting Empire OOC | IC

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2017, 10:27:59 pm »

:"If that was a joke, it wasn't one of your very funny ones. It had better have been a joke, though, because I went and convinced Jack you'd show discretion here, don't disappoint him. Plus, enemy territory is really not where you want to be a liability anyway."

She took out a flint and tinderbox, and through some well practiced movements she got the cigarillo lit, taking a long pull.

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 11, 2017, 10:28:57 pm »

"Hey, alcohol's partly about acquired taste and resistance. Unless you've got a natural knack for resisting it, I guess." he commented before turning to Jack. "My personal stash of rum still has a ways to go, though I could always pass some of it around and finish it faster."
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 10:29:08 pm »

"Of course. A man of my godly talents is always needed somewhere. People simply need to realise they need them."

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 11, 2017, 10:33:35 pm »

"So what exactly do these so called 'godly talents' consist of? And I swear to the gods if you say everything, you will regret it."

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 11, 2017, 10:34:59 pm »

"But why wouldn't I say everything? Is dishonesty not a sin?"

Swordstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 11, 2017, 10:42:16 pm »

Rune blankly stared at him for a few seconds and then shook her head.

"I'm out. You have fun dealing with him now."

She turned and walked away, not even looking back at him. She found herself over by a woman dressed in a full set of armor, sharpening her spear. She considered her for a second and then sighed.

"Well you can't be worse than the other guy..."
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 10:52:36 pm by Swordstar »

Sutoratosu Akira

• Bay Watcher
  • DRAGONS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2017, 10:43:47 pm »

Calo sat against the Mast, cap pulled down to block the sun as he worked the string in his hand. A small cloth smudged with beeswax coated the line in careful, methodical motions. With deft hands that practiced their craft hundreds of times over, he made little noise and carried even less presence as he sat there. Truly, a man of so little note that even if someone laid eyes upon him in passing, they'd likely scarce recall doing so... a ghost in all but name and truth.

Precisely how Calo liked it.

At his side lay a bow of almost equal nondescript nature, a polished white yew stave with not a single insignia or indication of neither the land of it's origin nor the hands that had given it form, a full quiver resting beneath it. A weapon that at a glance could've come from any corner of the earth from any craftsman of any caliber, only when handled could one divine the truth behind it's existence. But in all other ways, twas truly an armament as forgettable as it's wielder.

"Reality, unlike fiction, has no obligation to conform to what people find believable." -Chroniqler

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 11, 2017, 10:57:56 pm »

Jack almost pursued Elanee's tale of drunken tomfoolery but decided against it, giving Abelard a chance to get a word in. "Probably a better idea than trying to put it all away yourself. We are already in enemy territory, so I need you ready to fight on short notice."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2017, 11:08:47 pm »

"I could do that. What do you say?" he asked, his stare and smile making it obvious he was inviting both the people he was talking to. Apparently Jack wasn't the only one who was interested in hearing or seeing how Elanee looked when drunk.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Blade Master Model 42

• Bay Watcher
  • Edelgard did nothing wrong.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 11, 2017, 11:16:45 pm »

"I'll take a drink. A bottle shared is a bottle halved, or something like that."

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2017, 11:25:36 pm »

"I guess I've just never really acquired that 'acquired taste' then, but sure. Beats doing nothing after all." Elanee shrugged. At least she wouldn't go overboard... with the drinking.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2017, 03:13:49 pm by Ochita »
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2017, 11:47:18 pm »

"Excellent. Just wait a bit." Abelard deftly climbed the rigging up to the crow's nest then returned with two unmarked bottles of rum. Then he remembered a lady would drink with them, went belowdecks and returned with mugs.

"Old habits die hard, even when you don't have anyone who's liable to try and grab your stuff." He said before taking a swig from one bottle, giving Elanee and Jack the mugs and then filling them up with the contents of the other bottle. "This is from an old man who does the best stuff you can buy on a budget. Cheers."
>Yes?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 125