Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 125117 times)

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #525 on: March 08, 2018, 07:32:37 pm »

Sounds funky...

Looking forward to Dom6, maybe in full 3d or something.

Still with ~50 sprites from Dom 2
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 11, 2018, 11:29:30 pm »

Well I just got dominion crushed by master AI, but I don't quite know how. I still had 2 provinces with 3 dominion candles and had my god, prophet, and about a dozen tier 2 preachers all preaching. How is it possible to lose 6 candles with all that prayer behind it? I was up against marignon, pythium, and erytheia.

Also, fuck ravens of the underworld who attack rear and instantly route all commanders wiping out 55 PD.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 12, 2018, 12:54:19 am »

Well I just got dominion crushed by master AI, but I don't quite know how. I still had 2 provinces with 3 dominion candles and had my god, prophet, and about a dozen tier 2 preachers all preaching. How is it possible to lose 6 candles with all that prayer behind it? I was up against marignon, pythium, and erytheia.

Doesn't seem too unusual. Death by dominion is always going to be a sudden death spiral- as dominion in provinces decreases they're less able to defend themselves against enemy dominion spread which means dominion will decrease further. It's worth noting that preaching happens at step 6 of the turn resolution, while other dominion spread happens at step 39, so if your first two preachers raised the dominion up to the limit then the next 10 would have done nothing. And then later on in the turn all the sources of enemy dominion spread would have come and snuffed out your belief. What was your maximum dominion score, incidentally?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2018, 12:58:07 am by Karlito »
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 12, 2018, 03:26:26 am »

I only had 5 dominion initially. The thing is I watched my dominion hold out for dozens of turns at 3 dominion in each province. I'm wondering what caused the sudden 3 candle drop on two provinces. I don't think I've ever seen such a huge jump before. How many temple checks would that require?

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 12, 2018, 04:23:09 am »

If dominion was maxed in a province then any temple check that is there will go to a nearby province. So if you were the last one left alive and only had 3 territories, you would have had every single temple check hit those territories.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: March 12, 2018, 01:59:26 pm »

Also and relatedly, while the hostile dominion is below its cap in all its provinces, it can stop there and boost that rather than spreading out. Once all internal provinces are "full", all dominion from temple checks will inevitably roll outwards until it hits something hostile. That can make the last push come suddenly - though bad rolls where dominion that might have stuck in non-maxed enemy provinces can make strange random pushes happen.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: March 12, 2018, 07:45:27 pm »

So I'm trying EA Mekone now, and am seeing this nation only spell called blessing of the god-slayer. No idea what it does. My first guess is it gives him some anti-sacred or anti-god trait for a year. However the "expected to kill a god in a year" makes me wonder if there is a consequence to not succeeding.

Zonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 12, 2018, 07:48:40 pm »

It's something the Basileus is meant to cast on a Polemarch (you can pick which one). The Polemarch will gain attack and defence bonuses, inspirational +1 and halt heretic. After 12 months the bonuses end and there are no negative consequences.

LA Pythium Taurobolium, on the other, gives +2 Fire and +1 Nature to the Heliodromus casting it, but also raises his heretic trait for 12 month.
(Mentioning it because they were added together and it's a limited time, unit-specific buff)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 12, 2018, 08:03:23 pm »

LA Pythium Taurobolium, on the other, gives +2 Fire and +1 Nature to the Heliodromus casting it, but also raises his heretic trait for 12 month.
(Mentioning it because they were added together and it's a limited time, unit-specific buff)

Which, really, just makes him better for leading the charge into enemy territory. Also that's a heck of a buff for how cheap that spell is. Gotta say, I really do love the flavor of LA Pythium's cult-wars, and it's nice to see more spells that play into that.

These are also the kinds of things where the mod inspector (hallowed be its name) falls a bit short... There's not a whole lot of sense you can make out of "Unknown: Unknown Effect 511 (654)?", hehe.

In other news, I'm digging the work being done on specific Twiceborn wight results. I had no idea Enkidu and Ashdod necromancers turned into special units, or Panic Apostates came back as carrions.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 12, 2018, 08:48:06 pm »

In other news, I'm digging the work being done on specific Twiceborn wight results. I had no idea Enkidu and Ashdod necromancers turned into special units, or Panic Apostates came back as carrions.

That sounds epic.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 12, 2018, 08:52:49 pm »

Worth mentioning that there can only be one of these at once, so you can't have a horde of buffed Heliodromi...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 12, 2018, 11:29:58 pm »

I just saw a unit with dominion immortality, which said he was immortal as long as he was in my dominion. I thought that was how immortality was suppose to work. Did they change it? If not then what is the difference?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 12, 2018, 11:55:45 pm »

Universal immortality with the move to Dom 5, though I believe it's far more rare than the dominion version. Dom 5 also added a turn timer to reform, instead of it happening immediately, and removed innate Recuperation from immortals. They can recover from afflictions by reforming, though since that involves them dying they can easily pick up more afflictions than they lose this way.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 13, 2018, 05:55:24 am »

Universal immortality with the move to Dom 5, though I believe it's far more rare than the dominion version. Dom 5 also added a turn timer to reform, instead of it happening immediately, and removed innate Recuperation from immortals. They can recover from afflictions by reforming, though since that involves them dying they can easily pick up more afflictions than they lose this way.

Huh, that's a pretty big change. Neat.

Also, anyone used Hell Power with a bunch of keledones yet? Biggest and most ridiculous defensive position ever! Sure, you'll lose all of them, but think of the mayhem!

And does anyone know if the Phlegran tyrant's combat casting trait goes through berserking? If it doesn't, that seems like kind of a waste.

EDIT: Hey... Soul Vortex uses the same rules as regular life drain, right? So it doesn't attempt to leech from inanimates? Theoretically then, you could just pile up a wall of keledones and get a communion master to cast Vortex. They all get the buff, and anyone approaching them gets hit by a wall of stacked life drain.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: March 13, 2018, 11:07:22 am »

Innate Spellcaster goes through berserk (I know this from a test where I gave a mallqui a berserking amulet to try to efficiently kill it off), but I strongly doubt combat caster does.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 67