Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 123478 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #675 on: May 31, 2018, 03:00:28 pm »

Does the exchange go both ways? Because turning nature gems into death gems at a 1-to-1 sounds goddamn amazing.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 31, 2018, 04:16:19 pm »

It's one-way... but it's what you're describing, not death-into-nature. So 1 Panageis-turn + 3n => 3d, thus allowing LA Arco to have some guaranteed death income despite not having death income from capital sites.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 31, 2018, 04:39:16 pm »

Whoops. I got things mixed up. It's nature gems into death gems, yeah. Given that nature gems are useful in and of themselves I'm not sure how great the ability is, but if you need death gems then it's definitely nice. And chances are that you will need Death Gems, given all of the stuff LA Arco has now which requires death gems.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 31, 2018, 04:46:09 pm »

Well, unless things have changed, nature gems are the most common gem type available from random sites. And while they certainly have their uses, it's my understanding that they pale (hah) in comparison to death gems... Especially when talking about higher levels of research. Not to mention smithing!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 29, 2018, 08:15:14 am »

Hmm... How about another multiplayer round here? MA? With mods? With many mods? With modded nations?  Disciples? Nationgen ? :P Disciples Nationgen(Oh god, that will be a pain to setup)? Anyone else wants to play?

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 29, 2018, 11:28:04 am »

I'd like to play, but I still don't have the game. Thanks to the political shenanigans it still costs about three times as much as I'm capable of spending on a game nowadays. Even with Steam's generous regional discount. :\
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 29, 2018, 11:41:58 am »

I would join.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 29, 2018, 04:21:29 pm »

I do love Disciples, though I'll have to figure out if I can manage the time commitment.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 29, 2018, 05:01:23 pm »

I would be down for a Disciple game. I feel like it would be best to have teams of two for something like that, so that it's easier to communicate within and between teams.

Involving mods and/or nationgen with Disciples might be a bit much though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 29, 2018, 05:23:02 pm »

In a way, I think Nationgen Disciples would help kind of "average out" each side, since one person picking the short straw won't automatically mean that their side will fall and one person drawing the extra-long awe+1 terrifying hoburgophants won't automatically have their side win.

And as the chief god of your disciples, you're being helpful just by being the dom daddy everybody needs, which can be achieved with pretty much any nation. Well... That's slightly ignoring the topic of sacreds, but hey.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 29, 2018, 05:35:28 pm »

MA <...> Nationgen
Wait, how can it be both?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 29, 2018, 05:39:05 pm »

MA <...> Nationgen
Wait, how can it be both?
Not both, of course. I just listed possibilities.  :P

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 29, 2018, 05:51:41 pm »

I'm pretty sure you could run a mixed natgen/vanilla nation game, though, if you felt like it. Nothing else you could just jam the vanilla nations into the natgen mess.

... actually, that sounds vaguely interesting. Disciples game, either nation gen vs. vanilla or one gets gods and the other gets disciples. Could be neat.

E: Hell, as theme games go, all the gods having to be a vanilla nation rolling with the Mother of Monsters (or similarly natured pretender) and all the disciples being natgen creations (probably heavily tilted towards weirder stuff) would be like way too on point. Someone should do that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 05:55:47 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 29, 2018, 06:13:29 pm »

I would be all for that, actually. That sounds interesting and thematic as heck.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: August 29, 2018, 07:22:23 pm »

It's trivial to mix them; just make sure "Hide vanilla nations" is unchecked on the second (options) tab - by default it's on.

I would love to say I'd organize this or even play in it, but I can't in good conscience ATM. I'd even love to say that at least I'd like to push out 0.7.0 RC8 to fix RC7's bugs and add a whole bunch more fishmen and imperials, but I can't commit really doing much of anything until mid-September because of 3D issues.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67