Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 125035 times)

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #705 on: August 31, 2018, 04:14:10 am »

I, personally, can't even write up succession game report "from first person" without it being a wretched disaster. So, i most likely will not even try writing description for my nation. Totally not opposed to other people doing so, though.  :P
« Last Edit: August 31, 2018, 04:16:49 am by MCreeper »

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 12, 2018, 05:22:45 am »

If anyone feels like playing on a hugenormous map, I spent the last four days drawing province areas on Glory of the Gods by hand.

It's also got a couple minor tweaks, like a few removed winter crossings over channels that seem too wide, an extra province in the large lake on the big continent, and some warmer scales in the northeastern deserts.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1mZjd_nWERg8WaFXuY-u8Dqt1lKWEuHh5
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: September 13, 2018, 06:40:02 am »

New patch, new nation - Phlegra, Sleeping Giants (burning explosive collars grimdark, ho!). Really damn communion heavy - all recruitable mages are either auto communion masters or auto coommunion slaves. Gets two special events:
1. In first year (may be random) - "mountain is shaking", +25 unrest in capital.
2. Later (fired at turn 19 for me) laestrigonians break free, one of the capital sites shifts from fire 3 to fire\death, freaking 6000 of populace in capital die and you get this guy:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I wasn't mistaken in my guess from sneak peek at their description that they will be size 6 monsters with beastly powerful magic and big unrest+popkill.  :P
His abilities:
Snake trusses attack 5 times.
You then able to recruit toned down versions of him in the capital (3 turns to recruit one. :o ).
And if you cast Gigantomachia global, you are able to recruit laestrigonian troops.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 07:12:30 am by MCreeper »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 13, 2018, 07:23:52 am »

... man, there's some lost opportunity with those critters. They should either keep the boot slot (snake hatboot) or get either two extra helm slots (snake hats!) or just two hats (the medusa hair doesn't seem hat-y, the snakefeet wear the hats). Then give the sprite's snakes little crowns/hats and the innate kit some low/no stat helmets.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 13, 2018, 07:45:47 am »

The snake boot slot: bane of sheriffs for thousands of years.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 13, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »

Is there a deadshape that's just the goat?
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 13, 2018, 06:07:13 pm »

I wish. It just goes poof when the rider dies.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: September 13, 2018, 09:22:49 pm »

I bet these are them fainting goats.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 13, 2018, 09:49:46 pm »

Mouflons are sheep, guys. They're not even fictional.

Anyway, my hot take:
Oppressor archons and generals are great additions, but replacing the elder cyclops with a cyclops smith means forging will be harder, and Phlegra still needs N on the pretender for rings of regeneration, your SC gets more attacks but still needs to carry D gems, and you have no access to human-sized rainbow pretender chassis so if you want to actually overcome these weaknesses in the proper way, you'll be taking an immobile, probably Demilich if you really want to rainbow or Statue of Fertility if you want to just get your N cheap and spend on scales, relying on Enchiladas for forging in D and archons otherwise.

It's also a pretty significant nerf that you can no longer freespawn mouflons for unlimited supplies and chaff, and don't have N site searchers in the age with the least N indies.

And your expansion is a bit weak as well, because your starting army isn't good, and your good units have huge resource costs, and you don't get your SC chasses right away (In my trial run just now, they popped on turn 31) and you can't really afford an expander because you need so many scales and you need someone who can patch up the paths you're missing.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:35:00 pm by Cruxador »

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: January 12, 2019, 06:40:33 am »

It feels like the every game I've played recently has involved every AI waging war with me and usually only me. I buff up my PD and build forts but I keep getting 3-4 war declarations within a few turns. Sometimes they are at war with each other yet their armies really enjoy rampaging through my province.

Am I missing something here? Is there more than forts and PD that decides who the AI attacks?

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: January 12, 2019, 05:40:10 pm »

Unless the AI changed significantly in d5, uh. I'm not particularly sure if PD and forts have anything to do with the AI declaring war or attacking. They just kinda' did it at some point after they met your borders, most of the time. They're not picky about what they attack if they figure they can take a province, and sometimes not even if they figure they can't. I hear D5's AI is better, but the previous default was just kinda' spam spam spam spammity spam spam spam spammity spaaaam, etc.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: January 12, 2019, 09:15:39 pm »

PD did and does matter for the AI's weird "diplomacy" - keeping a border with 20-25PD and not attacking them will make attacking you a lot less certain, as does keeping a reasonably large army floating around. By vague memories of dev talk and personal experience, it's a mix of overall army strength (which includes border PD), other distractions, and roll of the dice.

AI is still pretty spammy, but it's better with tactical setup and doesn't seem any more lobotomized than it was in Dom4.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 01, 2019, 12:52:13 pm »

So it's been a while since the last Dominions game on Bay12 and I've caught a hankering to play another round of multiplayer. If I made a thread and got Llamaserver setup would anyone be interested in joining? I'm open to suggestions about settings and so on if anyone is.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 01, 2019, 01:24:23 pm »

I'd be interested, though I'd need to purchase Dom5 first. Never played any multiplayer Dominions before so I'll probably be everyone's first target it'll be a fun learning experience :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 67