Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 125031 times)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Announced!
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2017, 11:52:58 am »

"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2017, 12:10:06 pm »

Added that to the OP, although the Steam Page tells me it's unlocking on the 28th, so likely some timezone shenanigans are around.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2017, 04:46:32 am »

Damn it all to hell.
1. I checked that llamaserver doesn't work on older versions and rather doesn't work on pirated version.
2. Dominions 5 is really only game i, man that never bought any game, really considered to buy, but even base dom4 price is "hell, no" for me.
3. By the time there will be christmas discount or something, i will surely go back to sanity and will NOT buy it. And dollar will rise again just to troll me, and it will be actually the same price.  :P

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2017, 06:06:03 am »

I will get Dominions 5 asap, but mostly because I thought exactly like you did about dominions 4 and then spend [way to many hours] with it. Don't have stats for dom3, that stuff was on desura afterall.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Clearly steam should take Crypto-cash ; ) - I used to have american friends buy the game for me in $, cause something costing both 30 $ and  30 € is highly silly, when you can just gift it and safe like 6-8€

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2017, 07:04:58 am »

Second most played game for me @ usd 0.03 per hour. Bought copies for friends as well, when it was even lower on sale.

Looking forward to Dom 5, but will most likely wait until a sale anyway (or at least that's what I'm telling myself).
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2017, 11:06:43 am »

Dominions definitely falls into the "buy" category. Not even wait for a sale, I'm buying it outright as soon as it's available. Piracy does actually work on llamaserver, but you can only have one player per key which usually means only one pirate, and since the game needs to be up to date, it probably means zero pirates pretty soon.

As for currencies, the dollar is actually one of the worst currencies to buy in, steam organizes things so it costs more for richer countries. Of course, that means that euro costs the most, but it's still likely to be the least as a portion of your monthly spending compared to other countries.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2017, 12:31:35 pm »

Steam tries to organize it so that it costs more in richer countries, or rather so that it costs less in poorer countries. Prices on Steam for us in Russia are usually at most half of the actual converted price. But since the system is overrideable, some publishers decide to abuse it for no good reason. It's a good way to make people not buy their games, but maybe it makes sense to them, who knows. frowns at Paradox

That said, I know Illwinter's prices are properly scaled to us, but I'll still be waiting for a sale, and maybe training offline on a pirated version in the meantime. There is simply no way for me to afford even a reasonably-priced game at this point. I've barely scraped together enough overhead to keep the internet access going this month. :|
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 25, 2017, 06:56:41 pm »

On-release-buyers interested in participating in round 501 head here:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=168365.0

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 26, 2017, 08:11:36 am »

Real time will change everything I think - no more massive advantage if you care to count titles and always get the first strike, no more fights with 0 hp lost on your side - archers migh be less effective since troops might die while the arrow is on the way, spell-stacking will get weird... High protection or self-recovering troops might be strongly buffed (yay for my pan-nations) ... lets see.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 26, 2017, 08:20:05 am »

I think it should be a great improvement over the old system where first strikers could decimate the enemy before getting struck back. While units still take turns, I guess it's randomized to "simulate" simultaneity, which is a good thing.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 26, 2017, 08:36:46 am »

There is still first striking in some form, although its quite a bit more difficult to pull off. The main thing that gets hit is evocation spam, it takes time for mages to cast spells. From a lets play I saw, it takes a while, specifically I saw troops exchange two sets of attacks between when vine arrow started preparing and when it cast.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 26, 2017, 09:30:23 am »

Might be more useful to have nice-guard-commander blobs to control enemy movement better... if they are closer to your casters, they get hit sooner afterall...

RE: Etgfrogs video link - looking pretty good, especially finding out how your units died, what happend and all that.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:14:23 pm by ThtblovesDF »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 26, 2017, 10:12:41 am »

I guess that is one other thing to note, units set to guard commander do not take up squad slots and cannot be moved around.
Interesting video that goes over quite a few of the generic changes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2IdRjM1L-1w

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 26, 2017, 03:04:11 pm »

That's actually a quite major change, as it makes the combat AI harder to exploit (and as a result, stands to make expansion a lot more risky with non-elite troops).

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 26, 2017, 03:34:14 pm »

That's actually a quite major change, as it makes the combat AI harder to exploit (and as a result, stands to make expansion a lot more risky with non-elite troops).
Yeah, there's actually tons of changes that are quite major like that but aren't getting much attention, mostly because Illwinter sucks at (or doesn't care about) marketing.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 67