Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 125149 times)

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #750 on: November 27, 2019, 04:27:20 pm »

Na'Ba has a lot of potential to build up into a very powerful nation with those summons.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: November 27, 2019, 08:27:36 pm »

I'm loving both nations.
Ind seems harder to play effectively, what with having to manage those myriads of kingdoms troops. Some of the fluff is borderline-overdone, like yearly bird attacks on the warrior-hoburg provinces or the frankly useless homesick giants. Other than that, the Feminie troops are of very high-quality (19 def knights, 15 def infantry, with good armour). Cynoscephalians have good potential for sneak attacks and branching into blood. Orionde is average. Levying cannibals doesn't seem to be worth the commander cost, or the accumulating unrest.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: November 27, 2019, 09:41:23 pm »

Stat-wise I'm not enamored with the utility of the cannibal heathens, but the commanders that gather them push back the unrest pretty well, TBH - if you went Order instead of Turmoil, anyway, which mostly means a lot less showing up. I have trouble wanting to go Turmoil because of the RP costs, though, especially if there's any chance of finding an Amazon province or two so I can put the huge sacred recruitment to use outside the capital (WTB: Glowing Hills). The recruit-everywhere H3 priests are kinda nasty, too.

I dearly want to love the Lost Tribe giants - they're such handsome boys! Very dashing! - but 30% homesick is brutal, yeah.

[And of course, since no one else mentioned it, another nation that can release Lords of Civilization is always !FUN!...]
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 09:49:35 pm by E. Albright »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: November 28, 2019, 11:37:32 am »

EDIT3: Or in swamp, but you can't rectruit any national troops there.

Bug, fixed in 5.39. The PD part, not the recruitment. Alas. It did seem like it was off, though.

It sounds like Na'Ba summons are getting nerfed a bit too.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: November 28, 2019, 01:10:07 pm »

[And of course, since no one else mentioned it, another nation that can release Lords of Civilization is always !FUN!...]
Lords of civilization in the middle age is kind of nuts, and they've got those lovely 90g B1?1 Cannibal Shamans to make it happen.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Trolldefender99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: November 28, 2019, 01:46:15 pm »

A bit outside my budget, but I ended up picking Dominions 5. I played Dominions 4 on a free weekend, pretty sure it was 4th one and it was a lot of fun. So Dom 5 should be just as fun

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: November 28, 2019, 04:52:55 pm »

It sounds like Na'Ba summons are getting nerfed a bit too.
How so?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: November 29, 2019, 04:55:56 am »

5.39 stated they were getting stat adjustments. I figured that meant nerfing given that people had been saying Na'Ba's summons were nasty. I haven't checked, though, so for all I know they got up/sidegraded.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: February 26, 2020, 01:37:47 pm »

Still shit at this game (at least in dom4 you could cheese with who goes first in combat) but if anyone pms me when the next one starts, I am in.
Just freed up 1-2 game slots,  :P so i can join too. I planned to start a game with dom enhanced elsewhere, but not really much.

Also, Naba is absolutely amazing, especially with scales to near top and the kind of resistance Marignon got in last round.  :P Suddenly sulphur haze is very useful and spammable enough thing, if bless allows.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2020, 01:46:28 pm by MCreeper »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 06, 2020, 10:10:31 am »

New update. Nation of vaettis in LA (notable mostly because of unique size 1 sacreds), new sprites for jotuns, who also got nerfed into the ground by susceptible to shock 5 on everything, size 6 niefels, some new pretender-chimeras. Where is my damned Ubar?
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 10:58:45 am by MCreeper »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 06, 2020, 06:26:50 pm »

Was Vanheim getting trashed so badly in the giant matchup that they needed the shock vulnerability?

Also something of note: LA Marignon got a Plague Doctor. Immune to disease and Disease Healer 2. They also have Stealth 40 and Plague Doctor 3, which lets them spread the plague. I haven't tested them yet but I suspect that they could be really annoying in any research centres. Disease takes a long time to kill but if you can infect enough labrats that should put a dent in anyone's research. We'll see how that actually works in practice though.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 06, 2020, 09:09:38 pm »

Oh man. Does disease healer or immunity protect from bane venom charm any? Cause that sounds like a hilariously upgraded BVC carrier over whatever those servant things were.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 06, 2020, 09:33:28 pm »

Something else to test. Given all of the other edge cases in Dominions, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bane Venom Charm ignored any disease resistance a living unit had. Theoretically nothing stops you from rotating out Plague Doctors out though, since the charms aren't cursed. The movements would be kinda predictable but you could always retreat back to a friendly lab, remove the charm, and use disease healer to recover.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 07, 2020, 05:15:41 am »

Something else to test. Given all of the other edge cases in Dominions, I wouldn't be surprised if the Bane Venom Charm ignored any disease resistance a living unit had. Theoretically nothing stops you from rotating out Plague Doctors out though, since the charms aren't cursed. The movements would be kinda predictable but you could always retreat back to a friendly lab, remove the charm, and use disease healer to recover.
Or just send a scout with the plague doctor to pick up the charm in-situ.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 22, 2020, 01:07:44 am »

Been playing the Magnificent Ind, the coolest place you've never heard of.

The Gog Reavers specifically are, IMO, insanely good. Tough, strong, berzerking, they rip through stuff and just seem to keep going fight to fight. Back them up with a Bitch Mother to buff them up....they make excellent shock troops, as long as there's someone to sweep up the doo-doo droppings afterwards. With Mountain and Waste survival they can fend for themselves pretty well.

I feel like Viceroys are there to sit on recruitment centers to keep things tamped down. They're pretty crap leaders out of the box. Sorta like bureaucracy except as with everything else in Ind, you expect them to do everything.

The Giants of the Lost Tribe are similarly really beast. But only when their doorstep is the frontline.

Picoyne's seem almost completely useless.

All in all if you like geography REALLY mattering to your gameplay, Ind adds another level of consideration where you build things. I regret not making the most of my blessing on this playthrough, as the sacred troops are pretty solid.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 01:55:40 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 67