Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 124454 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #540 on: March 17, 2018, 10:45:36 am »

If anyone has a little free time this weekend and would be willing to do me a solid, we're stress-testing the hopefully-final release candidate for NationGen 0.7.0, aka Dom5 NationGen.

Github download page: https://github.com/elmokki/nationgen/releases/tag/0.7.0-RC2

Dom3Mods thread: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Dom3mods/topic/11057263/

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: March 17, 2018, 12:12:20 pm »

I was looking forward to it being updated. Will probably do another one of the play through a bunch of random nations once.
Spoiler: This looks promising (click to show/hide)

Ok, slight bug, this first nation I genned has a some agarthian summons that are unusable, like Rhuax pact which requires roots of the earth.Github already has this as an open issue.

Got some errors thrown at me while trying to filter for specific units, settings code 0:
- Generating nation 1/1 (seed 1624059300)... !!! full ring on slot armor tried to link to bronze_trousers on list legs, but such item was not found. Check your definitions! Pose [mounted], race Boreal human
!!! full ring on slot armor tried to link to bronze_trousers on list legs, but such item was not found. Check your definitions! Pose [mounted], race Boreal human
!!! full ring on slot armor tried to link to bronze_trousers on list legs, but such item was not found. Check your definitions! Pose [mounted], race Boreal human
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 02:14:01 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: March 17, 2018, 05:52:53 pm »

I keep getting Error writing mod: .\mods\nationgen_statue_of_efflorescence.dm (The system cannot find the path specified)
(Or whatever name it generates.)
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: March 17, 2018, 06:06:48 pm »

etgfrog: that was an odd little error. Very simple, very dumb, very confusing, very easy to fix once I waded through the spaghetti definitions. I have to say that in terms of cohesion that was one of the more visually pleasing nations I've seen in a while, even if it was nothing flashy.

Wysthric: that sounds like there's no mods folder. Add a new folder called mods under the base directory. (I swear this happens every 2 or 3 releases, and both I and Elmokki are guilty of doing it, sigh...)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 06:28:01 pm by E. Albright »

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: March 17, 2018, 07:03:30 pm »

Hooray, it seems to have worked!  :) Trying now.

Edit : Just got a random huge lizard sacred called a Metal Master. lml
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 07:22:50 pm by Wysthric »
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: March 17, 2018, 07:40:35 pm »

Spoiler: Found one (click to show/hide)

Also, another bug, also setting code 0:
- Generating nation 1/1 (seed -1248370852)... #needs for armor, item jomonpants and item nanban hauberk on slot legs failed. Roles [mounted], race Oriental human
#needs for armor, item jomonpants and item nanban hauberk on slot legs failed. Roles [mounted], race Oriental human

I just genned the nation I linked earlier to see what you mean, except...
Spoiler: Nothing Flashy?! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2018, 08:59:56 pm by etgfrog »

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: March 17, 2018, 11:57:52 pm »

Thanks, these sorts of non-crashing bugs don't necessarily get reported. And/or they never showed up because something was broken but the recent modifier revision is shaking a bunch of unseen junk loose.

As to the bronze astral freaks (for whom I had no problem seeing/getting all the commanders?!?), I didn't say they were bad - they're certainly not... just not flashy.

Spoiler: E.g. moderately flashy (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 12:08:11 am by E. Albright »

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: March 18, 2018, 05:07:29 am »

That one winged bandar looks like he's wearing a chef's hat. Which, really, is fairly terrifying.

Also, was that a 170g spellcaster with gem generation? Or is that just pearl cultivation? Either way, neat. And yeah, that 4random blood mage does look pretty beastly... Fairly young, too.

But obviously, nothing comes close to the supreme domination of the almighty Frogherd!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: March 18, 2018, 05:28:08 am »

Tried it. Notable nations:
Postigmar, era of the supreme mages. Everyone is swallow on trample ichtyids with gluttony.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Argan, Glory of Arch Exalted Alchemists. Doesn't have any alchemists, but novice alchemists are flying demons, middle alchemists are just flying, and arch alchemists are neither.
Mynria, Glory of the Ancient Degenrate Geomancers. Have hilarious name, old age earth-blood with some astral mages, most godawful leadership ever (no one has more than 40) and pretty cool sacreds.  :P
Sadly, cursed swords are not actually cursed, as much fun as it could be. They just have "Halt Sacred" effect on them. Also every commander except spy and priest (level 1, and also their only priest  ::) )have magic leadership of 10. Every unit have huge resource costs, fire resistance 15 and wasteleand survival, but their starting site gives you 75 resources. I'm surely playing those.  :P
EDIT: Aye, very cool sacreds. Encumbrance 10... :X.Their other infantry is not much better - 5 to 8 encumbrance. Any idea for pretender on this ones?
Also, goddamit.
Who is the most suicidable god?
« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:16:31 am by MCreeper »

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: March 18, 2018, 07:43:39 am »

Probably either a dragon, a gorgon, or maybe even a teotl of the night. The main issue with doing that is you will end up with no magic and base dominion of 1 after a dozen deaths or so.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: March 18, 2018, 11:27:39 am »

If the size requirement for Grab and Swallow attacks was dynamic based on unit size, I'd've give carp- and koi-men that instead of trample/swallow, but alas, that would have let them eat things twice their size, so trample/swallow it was...

I've tried to make better leadership more common over the year or so, w/o entirely eliminating the possibility of awful leadership; the problem is NG is random, so sometimes you'll have a pure-garbage-leaders nation. It's possible some of those might have better squads/formations/bonuses even if their numbers are parred down to 40, though; I have done that to mix things up a little.

How are the numbers of ranged units seeming? I need to do a walkthrough of all vanilla nations and see how many have no missile troops; I suspect the answer will be "EA/MA Abysians & EA/MA Atlantians", in which case we may need to add an almost-mandatory failsafe ranged unit generation test so walls don't go without ranged weapons.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: March 18, 2018, 11:52:19 am »

I can't help but wonder. Is person riding skeleton giant riding chariot a thing, yet? If not, why not?

Going too deep would be too silly, but it feels like thing riding thing riding thing is something needed yet apparently lacking. We must have horseman riding horse riding horse, like dream of fire emblem mounted units made manifest.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: March 18, 2018, 11:59:40 am »

S'pose that kinda depends on how you define missile weapons. One thing is the usual batch of slings/bows/crossbows, but are javelins, large rocks and mind blasts included in that distinction for this purpose?

I imagine boulder-flinging walls would be reasonably painful, at least if the 2-ammo limit was ignored.

Probably either a dragon, a gorgon, or maybe even a teotl of the night. The main issue with doing that is you will end up with no magic and base dominion of 1 after a dozen deaths or so.
Hmm, so there's dominion strength reduction involved now, too? Interesting. Does Ur's national bonus prevent that as well, or just magic path loss?

Speaking of, wahey! Ur's got another pretender chassis with recuperation! Didn't have the bull before, used to just be solar eagle and the rumbleturd earth serpent. Was something that always bothered me, you've got a bonus to recalling dead gods, but those gods were either immortal to begin with or came back with nothing more than a few spare parts and an Ikea instruction pamphlet.

Couple of them had blood magic to patch themselves up if they were lucky to not be feebleminded or such, but good luck with your blood economy and spending RPs on Blood 3 as Ur.

I can't help but wonder. Is person riding skeleton giant riding chariot a thing, yet? If not, why not?

Going too deep would be too silly, but it feels like thing riding thing riding thing is something needed yet apparently lacking. We must have horseman riding horse riding horse, like dream of fire emblem mounted units made manifest.

Vaetti riding a troll riding a moose... Or just an acrobatic tower of dudes all sitting on the next one's shoulders. The ultimate weapon in the fight against giants and monsters!

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: March 18, 2018, 12:05:42 pm »

Was something that always bothered me, you've got a bonus to recalling dead gods, but those gods were either immortal to begin with or came back with nothing more than a few spare parts and an Ikea instruction pamphlet.
I know that it's not the best one, but i'm still sigging this.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: March 18, 2018, 12:28:01 pm »

S'pose that kinda depends on how you define missile weapons. One thing is the usual batch of slings/bows/crossbows, but are javelins, large rocks and mind blasts included in that distinction for this purpose?

I imagine boulder-flinging walls would be reasonably painful, at least if the 2-ammo limit was ignored.

Current priority queue is dedicated ranged troops > skirmishers or other troops with secondary/thrown weapons > infantry > anything else, with siege defense bonus adding priority w/in any given category. I wanna say elites and sacreds don't get checked, though, as it's basically modified PD generation code and NG excludes those from PD (even though it would be nice if every once in a while it didn't).

My current temptation wavers between "add a mandatory ranged unit to almost all nations if none exist" and "add a T1 or T2 mage to the wall if there's nothing ranged"; both would be fairly in keeping with vanilla. In fact, vanilla also has "add a wall-only ranged unit if the nation has none" for EA Vanheim and Helheim...

And yes, if you check your manual, wall defenders get unlimited ammo in addition to +20% range, so the couple of vanilla nations with boulder/discus throwers hurt... and those wacky illithids are apparently slurping down cranial fluids between rounds to refresh their mind blasting...

Frumple: obviously, the answer is for me to add caveman cavalry units, with the corollary being hoburgs can ride cavemen riding bears. And hoburgbred can ride fossilized cavemen riding fossilized bear skeletons.

That, or just mounting howdahs on the giant hoburgs so hoburgs can ride them - and so the giant hoburgs have a snack handy in case they get hungry, ofc.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 67