Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 126233 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #585 on: March 22, 2018, 01:20:49 pm »

So something in my computer is recognizing the Java code as BYOND and labeling it as such?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 22, 2018, 01:23:27 pm »

So something in my computer is recognizing the Java code as BYOND and labeling it as such?
That "something" will be your operating system. You probably have java files associated with BYOND, meaning your OS thinks this is the program to open them with.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 22, 2018, 07:49:16 pm »

Doing some more testing of NationGen (RC3 this time), and I think I've found an actual bug this time - at least, it persists after turning off after all other mods.

In one batch I had two nations with ranged sacreds, one using an "exceptional long bow" and the other using an "exceptional composite bow." In each case, the ranged weapon received no strength bonus (as opposed to the 1/3 from their normal equivalents). Is this intended?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 22, 2018, 07:53:34 pm »

It's probably a hold-over from Dom 4, which obviously didn't have a strength bonus on its ranged weapons. So not so much of a bug as an oversight?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 22, 2018, 08:10:33 pm »

Odd. I'd say you should bring it up on the Dom5Mods thread (here: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Dom3mods/topic/11057263/3/) as I'm gonna be traveling for a week and will have no access to my dev machine and possibly limited forum access.

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 22, 2018, 09:13:22 pm »

I've been resisting making an account there (for no reasonable reason), but I guess I'll go ahead and do it.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 22, 2018, 10:41:07 pm »

It's probably a hold-over from Dom 4, which obviously didn't have a strength bonus on its ranged weapons. So not so much of a bug as an oversight?
Eh? Some of them definitely had some strength interactions. Might have just been range, but I could swear there was some (grotesquely gem inefficient) hilarity with high strength >2 arm critters and fire bolas or somethin' like that. Maybe I'm remembering D3?

Though the standard bows definitely didn't, so holdover could still be accurate.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 23, 2018, 05:04:10 am »

Eh? Some of them definitely had some strength interactions. Might have just been range, but I could swear there was some (grotesquely gem inefficient) hilarity with high strength >2 arm critters and fire bolas or somethin' like that. Maybe I'm remembering D3?

Though the standard bows definitely didn't, so holdover could still be accurate.
Yeah, there were definitely ranged weapons with strength bonuses, even outside of skirmishing weapons like boulders and javelins. Don't think there were any strength-bonus standard bows, but the lightning bow and that mighty/strongarm bow that may have even been an artifact definitely had the boost. Although I suppose the lightning bow isn't technically a "bow" when you get down to it...

It's all terribly frustrating for wannabe medieval historians who read an article somewhere about lopsided longbowmen, and who have since dedicated their lives to protesting Gygax's influence.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 23, 2018, 07:24:24 am »

Sorry. I meant bows and such specifically. My apologies.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 23, 2018, 07:45:24 am »

It's almost certainly happening because of a bug with the Mod Inspector (which if you check lists all missile weapons as #nostr rather than the new #bowstr), which is where NG pulls its database of vanilla definitions from. I fixed NG's purely custom items, but the derived custom items like the fancy bows where this was actually noticed were beyond what I could deal with last night, so fixing it will be in Elmokki's hands.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 07:47:31 am by E. Albright »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 25, 2018, 12:46:51 pm »

Question - do all those longdead from diffirent races that you can see on dominspector actually show up somewhere in game? If it wasn't for people requesting feature of Ermor raising diffirent skeletons from diffirent races from time to time and no one correcting them, i would have thought that that's what they are. Are they used?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 25, 2018, 01:06:57 pm »

They do show up in the game. Certain nations get racial undead lists on top of the default human ones, so they have a chance of showing up whenever regular undead could appear. This is most apparent as Lanka and LA C'tis with their re-animators and massive undead armies marching around. Other nations like Caelum or the Norse Giants need to use spells like Raise Undead or Horde of Skeletons on the battlefield to see their racial undead. Getting a big, strong longdead giant is pretty dang nice, if only when compared to the regular kind.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 25, 2018, 01:15:17 pm »

Ok, thanks. After posting, i guessed that they come from reanimator bless. Can they appear in that way?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 25, 2018, 01:21:40 pm »

To be frank I have no idea. I haven't touched the reanimator bless because of how terrible I've heard it is. So... Something you'll need to experiment with and find out yourself.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 25, 2018, 05:19:51 pm »

Its just bad, even the silly ideas (blood veng. + reanimator or death explosion + reanimator) don't pan out to be effective for anything. Its about 2 points to expensive for how bad it is.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 67