Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67

Author Topic: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!  (Read 124966 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dominions 5: Warriors of the Faith Released!
« Reply #885 on: February 03, 2022, 09:02:08 pm »

I'm very probably going to regret this, but... I'm in, and I'll vote MA.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 03, 2022, 09:49:42 pm »

Oh, I was recently testing out some builds in singleplayer after a long Dominions drought. Think my upcoming work schedule would make a game difficult though.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 04, 2022, 03:18:19 am »

MA it is, then. I'll play as Ind.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 04, 2022, 07:58:23 am »

Yeah. Middle would be my vote as well. Fine with all three, but I prefer middle and early :P.

I'm leaning towards Na'Ba myself, trying out different expansion strategies. It's easy to expand with their sacreds, they can stomp indies, but they sorta suck vs national troops so I'm not sure if it's worth doing it.

As for the other game settings, I read the opening post (wasn't sure if I should post this here or there but it seems like people are talking about it here.). Most look cool to me, although I got 2 comments. I'd prefer something other then the base games default generation, the base game maps are, to me at least both ugly and poorly made. Although I can certainly live with it if that's what people want or we can't find something better for our number of players. Second for score graphs is there a particular reason to go with No Info on Other Nations instead of Off? I don't think Eyes of God is a problematic spell. Both of these are pretty minor concerns for me though, if that's what people want.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 08:16:43 am by Criptfeind »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 04, 2022, 10:32:10 am »

Graphs were that way because i copied them from previous round without looking. Of course they are off.
How about Snerdryn for a map? Should be fine for now maybe eight players.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2022, 10:34:47 am by MCreeper »

ndkid

• Bay Watcher
  • Player of Games
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: February 04, 2022, 10:35:28 am »

I don't want to yuck anyone's yum, but this conversation seems to have pretty decisively turned into something for PWYB

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 05, 2022, 08:17:28 am »

Hey, so there's that 'vulnerability to salt' thingie on some units? Looks new. How do I get my hands on combat salt, though?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 05, 2022, 08:45:03 am »

Enchanted Salt is a construction 4 earth 1 for 5 earth gems item. It essentially acts as a weapon you put in your miscellaneous slots like a stone bird. It gives you an aoe 1 melee range non repelling length 5 1 damage AN salt attack. Vulnerable to salt units are stunned by taking salt damage, so it's pretttty devastating against them since it's an undodgeable and irresistible stun. It was added to the game to counter the Jinn units from the Ubar nation line for the most part, and it does that very well. Also works against some types of ghosts! And Bizarrely the floating mind. Despite that being a jelly fish that lives in the, presumably, salty ocean.

DE (if you play with it) adds a couple of spells that let water mages spray salt evocations as well, but I'm unsure if the base game has any other sources of salt damage.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2022, 08:48:28 am by Criptfeind »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 14, 2022, 07:29:04 pm »

Q1: anyone remembers what sites cause death 3 in a province? Or does any 'increases death' site from mod inspector does that (and I kinda vaguely remember there being more death-causing sites than what is listed there; wasn't there a blood one too?)?

Q2: was anyone successful in creating a viable bless/light gear build for turning Jotunheim's scouts into thugs? They seem like a prime subject, what with recruit-anywhere, stealth, large size, and being sacred. But so far everything I tried has them die way too quickly to even light province defences.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 14, 2022, 07:46:15 pm »

All sites that increase/decrease a scale will do so until they reach the maximum/minimum, so any 'increases death' site will eventually reach Death 3 unless opposed by someone's dominion.

I could have sworn that there was a blood site that increased death as well but I can't see anything like that. Weird.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 14, 2022, 07:57:10 pm »

There's very few candidates. Looking at the inspector, for random sites you've got Draining Stone (D3, waste-only) and City of 1k Wonders (D1, any non-cave land) as uniques, Banefire Braziers (D1, any land) as rare, plus the commons Stale Current (D1, Sea), Dead Forest (N1, Forest), and Well of Pestilence (D3, any non-cave land). Generally, if you see death scales, it's a disease-ridden Well of Pestilence. I want to say there's variation as to how strongly they push scales, but the mod inspector doesn't show it, and in a neutral dominion any of them can spike up to death 3 if the RNG swings that way.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 14, 2022, 08:19:09 pm »

If there's any variation/strength it's not declared or documented anywhere I can find.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 14, 2022, 08:25:41 pm »

Methinks you're right. Looking in the modding manual shows the scale command for sites only takes one argument, which is the scale affected. I'm pretty sure I'm confusing sites with Thrones - though those only change the pretender's dominion, and they use the same basic site scale command. So yeah, any site that affects scales should be able to get you to +/-3 equally well...

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 14, 2022, 09:36:25 pm »

Q2: was anyone successful in creating a viable bless/light gear build for turning Jotunheim's scouts into thugs? They seem like a prime subject, what with recruit-anywhere, stealth, large size, and being sacred. But so far everything I tried has them die way too quickly to even light province defences.

Just theory-crafting here, but the problem is they aren't very killy and despite the 36 hp, not that tough either. Maybe the best you can do is give them water bottles and let the elementals take on the pd. A Jarl is more than twice the cost but at least can self-bless and comes with a shield and actual armor.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 14, 2022, 09:45:40 pm »

Jarls ain't stealthy though. A dozen stealthy thugs in enemy territory, each soloing a 10-15 pd province first day of a war, is what I'm thinking here.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 67