Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventure mode character creation  (Read 3562 times)

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventure mode character creation
« on: September 10, 2017, 07:15:18 pm »

Hello! I would like to know if it is possible to increase the points at the character creation screen to distribute across skills and attributes. Demigods are just really good dancers and singers but can't fight, or you get some really dumb anti-social guy who is good at slaying enemies.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure mode character creation
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2017, 09:29:42 pm »

Hello! I would like to know if it is possible to increase the points at the character creation screen to distribute across skills and attributes. Demigods are just really good dancers and singers but can't fight, or you get some really dumb anti-social guy who is good at slaying enemies.

DFHack adventurer-freedom. Install it if you haven't. It's useful even for non-cheaty things, like exploratory mining, or mining and expanded building in adventure mode. I know you want to dig under a castle and cause a cave-in under it.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2017, 01:53:13 pm »

Is adventurer-freedom a separate utility? I dl'd DFHack and found a neat command called adv-max-skills which is used on the character creating screen and boosts all skills and atts to max. From there I just lowered the skills until I got a tailored role to play. Thanks for the lead.

I do want to get cheaty and give my guy some cool inventory. Again, is that adventurer-freedom a separate utility? I tried changeitem, but it says I have to select my guy's items which I don't see how to do.

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2017, 02:32:36 pm »

Have you tried createitem? You select your adventurer and the command places your chosen object at their feet, which you can then (g)et.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 03:33:16 pm »

I pressed 'z' to select my adventure dwarf and typed createitem ITEM_WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1 but DFHack says the item type is incorrect. I'm using what it says on the wiki for battle axe raws information. First I used the same line without the ITEM_WEAPON: part but it said that was incorrect.

Alright, to create that axe, I typed WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1. Notice that it is without ITEM_ at the beginning. Well, that settles that. adv-max-skills and the createitem command will get any adventurer off on a good foot.  :D
_____
The above will get any game off on the right track, but I have some specific questions on DFHack commands. Is there a DFHack Q&A topic around?
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 04:27:59 pm by Bob69Joe »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 05:36:09 pm »

use gui/create-item

The above will get any game off on the right track, but I have some specific questions on DFHack commands. Is there a DFHack Q&A topic around?

The main dfhack thread under the utilities subforum is a good place

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 05:44:37 pm »

I've run into something much more complicated than making that axe. (gui/create-item gives a big error anyway)

I'm trying to make a full set of armor, but there seems to be no specific item tags unlike the battle axeI used the tag in the raw to make an axe WEAPON:ITEM_WEAPON_AXE_BATTLE followed by INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE and 1 to drop one adamantine battle axe at my guy's feet. I read the armor page and it doesn't say how to put all the tags together. Greaves for instance, would it look like this? createitem ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_GREAVES INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1. That didn't actually work anyways, I tried. How can I make armor?
_____
I found the raw/objects folder which helps a bunch. Greaves are item pants. That makes sense. A'ight, sold!
ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_BREASTPLATE INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1
ARMOR:ITEM_ARMOR_MAIL_SHIRT INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1
PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_GREAVES INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1
GLOVES:ITEM_GLOVES_GAUNTLETS INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1
SHOES:ITEM_SHOES_BOOTS INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1
SHIELD:ITEM_SHIELD_SHIELD INORGANIC:ADAMANTINE 1
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 06:20:18 pm by Bob69Joe »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 07:06:38 pm »

(gui/create-item gives a big error anyway)

As I wrote it, I would appreciate you posting that error.

First, though, are you using it while you're in the (z)status screen?

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2017, 07:43:42 pm »

I noticed it didn't matter if I was in the 'z', 'k', or 'l' modes when I made items, they were always at the feet of my adventure dwarf. I was succedful by typing: createitem PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS PLANT:SAWGRASS 1
Here is what it says when I type:
gui/create-item PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS PLANT:SAWGRASS 1

C:\DF\0.43.05\hack\lua\utils.lua:607: error parsing arg 1: PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS
stack traceback:
          [C]: in function 'error'
          C:\DF\0.43.05\hack\lua\utils.lua:607: in function 'utils.processArgs'
          C:\DF\0.43.05/hack/scripts/gui/create-item.lua:246: in local 'f'
          C:\DF\0.43.05\hack\lua\dfhack.lua:562: in function 'dfhack.run_script_with_env'
          (...tail calls...)
Yep, that's what it says.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:45:21 pm by Bob69Joe »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 01:15:58 am »

Type just 'gui/create-item' and it should work.

Atkana

• Bay Watcher
  • [CURIOUSBEAST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 03:02:21 am »

Note: I should've probably read through the whole thread to see if everything's been solved before writing out my post. Oh well, I'll post it anyway :P
You can use DFTool's nice GUI to edit how many attribute/skill points you have available while creating your character, annoyingly it looked like it used to have an inventory editor to potentially help with your other problem but it looks like that feature's broken at the moment :(. If you're not comfortable using exe's and you have DFHack installed then you can either manually edit the values, or use my mod's not-so-nice command prompt interface to get the job done (thread link here, scroll down to Adventurer Freedom).

DFHack adventurer-freedom. Install it if you haven't. It's useful even for non-cheaty things, like exploratory mining, or mining and expanded building in adventure mode. I know you want to dig under a castle and cause a cave-in under it.
It sounds like adventurer-freedom is being confused with advfort (docs link, thread link), which I second you should totally play around with if you're interested in expanded base building in adventure mode.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 03:16:03 am »

Note: I should've probably read through the whole thread to see if everything's been solved before writing out my post. Oh well, I'll post it anyway :P
It sounds like adventurer-freedom is being confused with advfort (docs link, thread link), which I second you should totally play around with if you're interested in expanded base building in adventure mode.

I meant DFHack as a whole.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Bob69Joe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2017, 02:39:25 pm »

That's much better!

Press 'z', type 'gui/create-item', and a box pops up with everything possible, plus material, and quality it's made of.

Thanks!
_____
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=5845 Can't equip gauntlets
The problem is actually custom reactions using DFHack specifically the gui/create-item command. You will have to use createitem ITEM:ITEM_TYPE MATERIAL # to get left and right variants of handwear. My guy has max crafting skills, but it takes a couple spawns as I either get masterwork items or well-crafted. It works though.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 03:06:37 pm by Bob69Joe »