Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 216249 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1410 on: April 26, 2018, 02:30:44 pm »

Was gonna do a sy team post but....lotta nothing on that front.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1411 on: April 26, 2018, 05:56:04 pm »

Move 6 spaces north, kick the door on the right open and fire my last distortion orb to whoever is inside.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: April 27, 2018, 07:42:18 am »

You made a team of PW veterans pause for a day before deciding on a course of action. This magebreaker sounds fun.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: April 27, 2018, 07:57:19 am »

You made a team of PW veterans pause for a day before deciding on a course of action. This magebreaker sounds fun.
Hey, fully half of our team posted (a whole 2 people!), pw just didn't want to process them yet.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: April 27, 2018, 09:00:44 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Make sure Raven repairs Corven's armor too, if possible.  No cost to doing so and I'd rather he not get oneshot by the next hit because of ambiguous wording.

Anyway, cast "MortarShot Acid Cloud" at the magebreaker.  Hopefully magic melt-everything fantasy acid can damage him.  And take another rifle shot at something, why not.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: April 27, 2018, 09:29:22 am »

((Repairing the person and repairing the armor seem like separate actions, worthy of two turns. It's casting two spells, anyway, right?

Well, PW was 'nice' to my guy and let him cover a lot of ground one turn that he shouldn't have covered, so I won't complain if he allows it. Granted, the net result of my guy covering extra ground that round was getting shot in the stomache and having to expend words, so ... *shrug*))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: April 27, 2018, 03:25:45 pm »

Check the two guys here for shotgun ammo.  Then proceed into that north room ready to kick ass and take names.  If it's empty rush the stairs up.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 11:25:10 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1417 on: April 28, 2018, 05:37:19 pm »

Get into the nearest cover, then shoot some brobots again. Since Pan got of three shots in a turn, could I get more shots in as well?

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
Sadly from your current location the only shot you have is on the Mage Breaker. And the only cover, aside from a rapidly melting pile of stone, is a nearby building. And by nearby I mean 'Barely in double move range'.

So I'm gonna stick you in cover. If this is the wrong choice, we can retcon it.

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU WAITING FOR? KILL THE RICH BASTARD BEFORE HE KILLS YOU!"

Activate my eyes to repair Corven. Stay behind cover (THAT MEANS COVER AND CONCEALMENT)

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You crawl up the pile of stones and cast your healing vision over Corven's entire body and a small area around him. His flesh and suit both knit and repair themselves while stones shiver and then go rolling back towards the mines, intent on reuniting themselves with a wall somewhere.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Make sure Raven repairs Corven's armor too, if possible.  No cost to doing so and I'd rather he not get oneshot by the next hit because of ambiguous wording.

Anyway, cast "MortarShot Acid Cloud" at the magebreaker.  Hopefully magic melt-everything fantasy acid can damage him.  And take another rifle shot at something, why not.

[3][4v3][3v6]
You sit up as soon as the spell is finished and point your finger to the sky, quickly estimating the shot again. A glob of highly concentrated acid appears before your finger and then arcs out towards the distant figure. Once it gets down within maybe 30 feet or so it bursts into a fine mist of acid. The cloud is as dense as pea soup and about the same color; it completely obscures a large section of land and the mage breaker.

The remaining bots cease their burning and walk straight in to the flames. They advance through them and out the other side. The uninjured slave makes a break for it to the west.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: April 28, 2018, 06:32:14 pm »

Iron Brian shrugs his shoulders and impales his sword into the wall 4 tiles to the east.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 29, 2018, 03:45:57 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: April 28, 2018, 09:19:11 pm »

Try and bash open the two bodies next to me with the steel rod as to loot their weapons.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: April 29, 2018, 12:17:49 am »

Oooooo-kay, then. MARINES! WE! ARE! LEAVING!

Activate my left arm mark, while waving the arm to hopefully impart momentum on the clockworks crows so they'll appear already wound up. Cast [AffectUser Darkness] and leave to the west, keeping smoke and fire between me and the enemy.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: April 29, 2018, 07:27:16 pm »

Sadly from your current location the only shot you have is on the Mage Breaker. And the only cover, aside from a rapidly melting pile of stone, is a nearby building. And by nearby I mean 'Barely in double move range'.
So I'm gonna stick you in cover. If this is the wrong choice, we can retcon it.

Apparently we're bugging out after all like the wussies we are, so maybe just put Abu back to where he was last turn? Take a shot at the mage breaker (aim at the ground next to his shield if possible) if you want to, or just skip that turn (now watch the luck roll around and the breaker be vaporized).

For this turn, cast Many Steel Wall, the idea being to just pile on a bunch of high walls in between us and the big bad magedude. then start moving away, out of sight of the enemy.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: April 30, 2018, 01:54:24 pm »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

"We can't win this!  Retreat to the training grounds!"

Yeah, we're leaving.  Call out to the slaves and tell them to retreat to the "training grounds", which they should realize means the Dreamer Gate.  As for Corven... he's just gonna run West for now, off the map.  Maybe he'll cast a spell if the mage breaker turns out to be better at prusuit than I'm expecting.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1423 on: May 01, 2018, 12:36:28 pm »

a 1 on a d10, huh.

"Someone bring me a door. I have a great idea."

walk four east and lean against the baricade, undoubtedly breathing heavily from the exertion.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

10% chance!
You walk over and lean on the table barricade, considering the virtues of cardio.

Move 6 spaces north, kick the door on the right open and fire my last distortion orb to whoever is inside.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)

You walk down the hall and give the door a nice firm kick. It opens, mostly because it was unlocked and flimsy as heck. Inside is an empty room. Its clearly been fire damaged and there's a lot of broken and burnt items scattered around, but no people. The smell of the fire is old and faded, only churned up when you disturbed the ashes. Must have happened a while ago.  Hmph.

Ask the sputtering man, "Where's the boss?"  If he doesn't respond, pick him up and sling him over Thag's shoulder like mate.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

"Oi"

You point the saber at the man before motioning with it for him to look up at you. He does.

"Where's the Boss?"

He starts speaking in a language you don't understand.

"EL BOSS-O" You say, louder and slower this time.

More noises you can't comprehend.

[4v3]

You sigh and then through a complex series of gestures, threats, attempted sign language and yelling, manage to extract that the boss is two levels up on the east side.

Iron Brian shrugs his shoulders and impales his sword into the wall 4 tiles to the east.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
You decide to just open the door this time and walk out into the hall. You draw your blade and give the wall a ruddy good stab.
[2v5]
You stab  into the wall and stop maybe 2 inches in when your blade hits a stud with a solid THUNK. Of course, this doesn't much matter because as soon as the blade sinks in, the enchantment on it activates. A shockwave of dull white light expands out from the blade along the wall. In its wake, feathers made of wood and plaster sprout from the wall until an area maybe 10 feet in diameter is covered in plastery feathers.

Try and bash open the two bodies next to me with the steel rod as to loot their weapons.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)

[5v6]
You bash the bodies with your metal rod, leaving rounded dents in the wood and flesh. But you can't do any real, significant damage; all you do is leave a bunch of divots and break some smaller branches.

The man Thag "Disarmed" last turn passes out, either dead or close to it. You can hear shouting and thumping upstairs.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: May 01, 2018, 01:07:52 pm »

It would seem that we're retreating making a retrograde advance. Follow my team in bravely charging towards safety.

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 114