Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 216535 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1560 on: June 20, 2018, 06:11:17 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Head back over to Abu, and loot the bird-thing corpses (leaving some for Raven).  Don't just grab them for the magic, either; take their bodies.

Also, all three of our characters are still tied together.  Corven tied both Raven and Abu to him, specifically to make it impossible for anyone to wander away.

After collecting the birds, go back to the steep tooth and hammer a piton from our climbing gear into it.  Or have Raven hammer it in if Corven's too weak.  Then, if the team agrees, we can abseil down.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1561 on: June 22, 2018, 03:35:47 pm »

Move southeast towards the wall the others are trying to break through.  Just move SE, SE, SE, S, to avoide providing a super-good target towards any unseen attackers.  If that guy in the way wants to die, assist him.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
Be ready to fire if noises are heard. Otherwise assist in bashing through the wall.

Spoiler: Character (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
[6v7]
Listen tothe south wall before attempting to make another hole. any sound of movement in there? If so, stand in the center of the wall, spread my hands wide on the wall, and cast blast wall on it. Intent is to blow the whole thing southward. If we hear no movement, continue with plan Extreme Homemakover: Slum Edition, in the normal, physical way.

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

[1v5][5v3]

It takes two people and a lizard, but the lizard finally takes the wall down.  You look into the hall beyond and it is empty save for a single open door on the west side and a closed door at the end.

Follow the Boss and move to where he is. If I can, plant my bow and shoot a nearby enemy because why not.

Spoiler: Isaac (click to show/hide)

Drag my amber-casted leg up to the top of this three floored building.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
Rather than force you to wait, I'm going to dump everyone together, we can assume we time skipped a turn or two to let people catch up.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1562 on: June 22, 2018, 03:48:08 pm »

You pick up one of the corpses of the flesh things and suddenly magic courses into you.

You gain "float/fly"

Yeah yeah, magic words and all that crap is very nice and all, but you didn't tell me about what's actually important: Can I make hats out of these buggers?

Either way, pick up the other two birds corpses as well, unless a teammate wants to pick one up first so spread the magic words around a little more. Make sure to collect all three corpses in the end however.

Abu figured he should tell those blind people about the magic in these magic birdbodies. But how to best break it to them...

"Oi, birdbimbo and flyboy, bet ya ten bucks you won't dare poke one of those things I just shot!"

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

It is conceivable that you could.

You carry the corpses over to the rest of the team.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

Head back over to Abu, and loot the bird-thing corpses (leaving some for Raven).  Don't just grab them for the magic, either; take their bodies.

Also, all three of our characters are still tied together.  Corven tied both Raven and Abu to him, specifically to make it impossible for anyone to wander away.

After collecting the birds, go back to the steep tooth and hammer a piton from our climbing gear into it.  Or have Raven hammer it in if Corven's too weak.  Then, if the team agrees, we can abseil down.

You take a corpse but get no word. Hmm.  Maybe because you didn't kill it?

In any case I'm gonna just let you sink that spike where you want and we'll see if they're ok with climbing  down. Now I assume you're climbing down to cross over not to explore deeper in the mouth?

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: June 23, 2018, 03:57:01 am »

Double-move south into the last hallway, in melee range of the boss.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: June 23, 2018, 04:08:42 am »

I guessI'll double move as well: 1 sw, 3s to put Geiger just north of the left doorway. Lizzy, if she's capable, can go into the left room ahead of him.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice
« Reply #1565 on: June 23, 2018, 05:19:22 am »

I'm unsure why we're going this way rather than just crossing from one side of the mouth to the other, but okay this is the way we're going I guess that's fine?
Going down into the mouth would be sweet but probably also make getting home a little hard so let's go for the other option, whatever that is.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: June 23, 2018, 11:33:22 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

*shrug*

Retrieve the piton if Raven's leading us somewhere else.  No reason to leave equipment behind.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1567 on: June 23, 2018, 01:01:06 pm »

Stay behind and wait for the others to move before following. Stop once I spot the boss, plant my bow and fire at him.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: June 24, 2018, 07:48:40 pm »

Onwards! Collect the other two bird corpses, see if any more magic is forthcoming.

Turn the first corpse into a hat.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: June 24, 2018, 08:04:46 pm »

Move up with Thag and Geiger.

(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1570 on: June 26, 2018, 01:21:42 pm »

Move up with Thag and Geiger.

[7v5]
You follow thag in through the door and attack the nearest person you see who you don't recognize. A sort of inverse stranger danger.  You step in, clonking along with your cast, and stab the man straight in the chest through the lung.

Stay behind and wait for the others to move before following. Stop once I spot the boss, plant my bow and fire at him.

[10v6]
As thag and Brian rush in, you notice a man sitting at a desk across the room. Judging by the money and drugs spread across his desk, he's probably the boss. Perfect! You plant your bow and loose a shot within a few seconds, tearing the man's head clean from his shoulders, leaving nothing but a still spurting stump and a body still seated in an expensive looking chair. A chair with a big hole in the back now, sadly.

Double-move south into the last hallway, in melee range of the boss.

[5v4]
You kick the door open and barge straight in. There's a man behind a desk across the room. Fat, seedy looking. Clearly the boss and clearly no threat.  You turn and see four men waiting against the wall, ready to fight. There's the fight you're looking for.  You swing your sabre at the closest one, cutting his face but not doing much real damage.

I guessI'll double move as well: 1 sw, 3s to put Geiger just north of the left doorway. Lizzy, if she's capable, can go into the left room ahead of him.

I'm gonna interpret this as one west and then one southwest so you don't walk into a wall.

At this point the remaining goons see that their boss is dead and clearly have a moment of reconsideration. You think that, if you were to offer it, they'd probably surrender or join you. Or maybe just run for it.

https://i.imgur.com/8HZxy0d.png

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1571 on: June 26, 2018, 01:24:12 pm »

Onwards! Collect the other two bird corpses, see if any more magic is forthcoming.

Turn the first corpse into a hat.

No more magic, but, BUT a nice hat acquired.

And by that I mean a fleshy turban. Which...Fleshy Turban sounds like euphemism for something very odd.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

*shrug*

Retrieve the piton if Raven's leading us somewhere else.  No reason to leave equipment behind.

I'm unsure why we're going this way rather than just crossing from one side of the mouth to the other, but okay this is the way we're going I guess that's fine?
Going down into the mouth would be sweet but probably also make getting home a little hard so let's go for the other option, whatever that is.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
uh...Am I misreading this? It looks like both of you are saying to follow the other one?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: June 26, 2018, 01:55:59 pm »

PW, we've been babbling about them surrendering the entire mission, and Dev's standing orders are that he wants underlings out of this. Can we assume we've offered the surrender again, and either do mission end, or move on to gang #2?

If we do mission end, I'd like to stump on down to the place with the rune on the floor, and inspect it. I assume my gngmates will patiently await my results while looting the place bare.
If we have another gang to fight, I'll start heading downstairs anyway. Who knows? I might get to the fight before the mission ends, eh?

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: June 26, 2018, 02:14:45 pm »

Turn the other two birds into hats.

Then move on through the mouth I guess.

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #1574 on: June 26, 2018, 03:12:45 pm »

"Boss! Did you see that? I killed the enemy leader!"

Celebrate

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 103 104 [105] 106 107 ... 114