Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217102 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1665 on: August 11, 2018, 02:06:24 pm »

Hmm.

Spread out and search the room for valuables or loose objects.  Don't take anything.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 05:11:48 pm by Devastator »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: August 11, 2018, 04:02:25 pm »

The Haste tale is about a hero who lost track of their goal due to rampant hubris. Therefore, the best option is to ignore the possible loot here and head to the next room with Issac.

Spoiler: Iron Brian (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2018, 06:27:33 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: August 11, 2018, 05:18:13 pm »

"Yeah, but our goal is to own this place.  In order to do that we need to come here, explore the place, and remove things that are a threat to us staying here whenever we want.  So I say we go to each room, make a quick examination of it for loot, traps, enemies and hazards, deal with what we find, and keep moving.  So we go on, but after we take a moment to make sure each room is clear.  No going slow, just doing our job in each room quickly before moving on."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: August 11, 2018, 08:39:48 pm »

"I thought our goal was to loot the vault, Boss! I actually agree with what Brian is saying. This place gives me chills."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: August 11, 2018, 10:06:19 pm »

"Eh, Same thing there.  If we're here to loot the place, we go into each room, look for traps, enemies, and plunder, and then go onto the next room.  I'm not saying we stick around for a long time, just long enough to check the room over lightly and then proceed to the next."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: August 12, 2018, 03:19:13 am »

"I like it here. I like the poetry of this place. It feels nice. Homey."

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: August 13, 2018, 06:13:44 pm »

"I disagree. The  moral from the tale, the emphasis on uniting the group, even the name "Haste" implies that we should get to the end of this mystic gauntlet. Each step we take will be another knife in our back, or another pound we need to carry, our doom will surely be inevitable.

But you are also so you have final say in thing."

Search the area with the rest of the gang.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 04:09:30 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: August 13, 2018, 07:45:08 pm »

"Yeah, you're right Brian.  If you find anything funny or complicated, don't mess with it.  Just leave it behind."

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: August 14, 2018, 06:24:07 am »

"If only we has [dirt] and [home in on where the caster is thinking]. Could tidy this place up nicely. Open shop, so to speak."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1674 on: August 14, 2018, 08:31:07 am »

"Hmm, a slight rustling in the grass. Better blow it up just to be sure."

Better blow it up just to be sure.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
[6v1]
You turn the recoiless rifle towards the grass and unceremoniously blow the living crap out of it.  You sniff and stand there as bits of dirt and grass rain down over you. You pat a clod of dirt out of your hair before  craning your neck to see if anything in the crater is still moving. It isn't. Hm.

[You gain FLESH]

Meanwhile back in the skeleton village, the skeletons poke and prod and wave their hands in front of the unresponsive bird brain duo.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1675 on: August 14, 2018, 09:31:51 am »

Inspect the books on the bookshelf, without touching anything. Anything of note, or are they all bank ledgers? Any disturbed dust, hints of wind, out of order collections, or foreign items placed between books or used as bookmarks?

"I am concerned that this path may be the worse of the two, given the symbolism of the images on the two doors we had to choose from. I hazard a guess that this path is quicker, hence the 'haste' but fraught with dangers, whereas the other path was longer, but safer, hence the 'serenity.' Well, noting for it now but to continue."

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

You look over the bookshelves carefully. There are ledgers here, thats for sure. You can see rows of the leather bound things with dates written in gold embossed font on their edges. The sort of huge and expansive things you could set down on a desk top and open wide with creaks of leather, displaying huge sheets of numbers and figures in a way both useful and impressive to anyone less used to it. But there are other books too, names written in some language you're not immediately familiar with, as well as a few manuals related to the banking industry, books of laws, books of regulations, all of them in the same giant and imposingly ornate wrapping. Among the texts you find something odd sandwiched between two books like some sort of inverse bookend: An hour glass. Unlike everything else its nothing special or ornate. It is large, maybe a foot tall, with wide glass reservoirs, the bottom one holding what looked like a fine dust of black sand or...upon close inspection you think that its actually iron filings. The hourglass was bare, with no frame around it, but it sat on a wooden base with a curved indentation designed to hug the glass.

Try to open the door in the north of the room.

Spoiler: Silver Knight Isaac (click to show/hide)
It, like the others, remains closed despite your best efforts. The handle doesn't turn and even when you attempt to strong arm the door it doesn't so much as rattle. Might as well be trying to shove your way through a stone wall.

"I disagree. The  moral from the tale, the emphasis on uniting the group, even the name "Haste" implies that we should get to the end of this mystic gauntlet. Each step we take will be another knife in our back, or another pound we need to carry, our doom will surely be inevitable.

But you are also so you have final say in thing."

Search the area with the rest of the gang.

Hmm.

Spread out and search the room for valuables or loose objects.  Don't take anything.

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

You search the room for anything valuable or "loose". There are many loose objects: pens, papers, books, pen knife, draws filled with little books and folders, ink blotter, ink bottle, a half filled bottle of brandy, a glass bottle of little round white tablets, several glasses, a pair of bifocals, etc. None of them seem particularly important or very valuable all things considered. The most valuable thing you find, in one of the desk drawers, is a brass key. its large and quite, well, important looking. Too subtly ornate and hefty for any normal lock.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: August 14, 2018, 03:34:42 pm »

"Huh, talking was all for nothing anyway."

Try out ye key on the North door.  If it works, head into the next room.  If it doesn't work, try the other door.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: August 14, 2018, 05:13:33 pm »

Knock on the door and ask outloud if they can open the door since I'm in a hurry. If it doesn't open, try to shove my way through the walls or shooting them until they collapse.

Spoiler: Silver Knight Isaac (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: August 15, 2018, 01:11:42 am »

Look for clues regarding the hourglass. Ponder it's significance, in light of both the religious imagery from the doors, and the trappy nature of this building. Try to reason out what kind of effect rotating it might activate, aside from the obvious one of "Metal filings in bottom are now in top, seek bottom, gravity assisted."

Spoiler: active spells (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Geiger (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: August 15, 2018, 05:06:40 am »

Onwards.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114