Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114]

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 213052 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator
« Reply #1695 on: August 22, 2018, 12:28:02 am »

I do have an idea.  In order to get the magic flowing out and used, no storing it.  You get a batch of magic, maybe you distribute it, maybe characters just get it, but you can't hold on to it between missions.. use it or lose it.

For instance, I'd have every character get three random words a mission, plus whatever is gotten from territory.  In addition, each character gets one word that is chosen by the player, limited to one of the following categories:

1. An animal.
2. A mundane material.
3. A class of object.

Outside of that, you can have some pretty potent words come out, because they can't be stored up.  Combine that with the more limited number of targets, and PvP should arrive pretty quickly.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: August 22, 2018, 10:25:01 am »

Piecewise, is your MMWW desire driven by the setting (scarcity of magic), or by its origins in Perplexicon?  My own MMWW desires are of course rooted in the latter, but I'm not sure about you.  I kinda want to write a long essay about the inherent traits of Perplexicon, the many attempts at MMWW, and why each of them failed, but I'm unsure what you want, and I think that essay could easily miss the whole point from your perspective.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1697 on: August 22, 2018, 10:37:28 am »

Piecewise, is your MMWW desire driven by the setting (scarcity of magic), or by its origins in Perplexicon?  My own MMWW desires are of course rooted in the latter, but I'm not sure about you.  I kinda want to write a long essay about the inherent traits of Perplexicon, the many attempts at MMWW, and why each of them failed, but I'm unsure what you want, and I think that essay could easily miss the whole point from your perspective.
To me the entire point of MMWW was the scarcity. Thats what made it MMWW instead of just Perplexicon but outside an arena.  Feel free to write that up if you want, I wouldn't mind reading it. But I've already got a replacement for this in mind.
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114]