Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 213146 times)

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #750 on: December 10, 2017, 05:17:35 pm »

((I'm pretty sure that with a maxed out INT score you can't lose.)) ((Nvm, read the rules.))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #751 on: December 10, 2017, 07:20:36 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #752 on: December 10, 2017, 08:06:24 pm »

I guess I'm not getting the bullets, so let's go with[black biometal][feline] instead

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 08:06:51 am by Ozarck »

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: December 11, 2017, 04:12:31 am »

I'm sick in bed and don't have access to my mapping program.

I'll update this as soon as I can sit in a chair without throwing up.

(( Hope you've been better! And if not, I wish you to get well soon. I'll set aside one of my sacrificial lambs for you. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #754 on: December 11, 2017, 08:13:59 am »

Lets see

[2] For dev

[7] for Shade

Both pass.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: December 11, 2017, 08:18:54 am »

What was that roll for?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: December 11, 2017, 08:23:50 am »

int rolls for your spells, probably.

You appear to have forgotten to roll int to control that biometal monstrosity. 1/10 chance of a feral elephant-sized murdercat, remember.
Also no int roll for Dev's enchantment, though that's not very important with the single word enchant.

Now, if he'd just get on with my prep spell, we'll be all set to rock and roll. Or ... murder and slaughter, as the case may be.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #757 on: December 11, 2017, 10:37:46 am »

int rolls for your spells, probably.

You appear to have forgotten to roll int to control that biometal monstrosity. 1/10 chance of a feral elephant-sized murdercat, remember.
Also no int roll for Dev's enchantment, though that's not very important with the single word enchant.

Now, if he'd just get on with my prep spell, we'll be all set to rock and roll. Or ... murder and slaughter, as the case may be.
[4][3]
You get a black biometal kitty about the size of a bob cat or maybe a Caracal

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #758 on: December 11, 2017, 10:58:49 am »

Oh and Birdies, here is your map. You can see all of it because its basically just a big slopping hill down to a larger pit. I marked your entry point too.

What you see here is very simple: it is a big dirty, vegetation free hill of foul smelling mud with pools of extremely toxic looking crap sunk into it. Each pit has a hastily constructed metal walkway across it and there are large piles of crap next to each pit. The one closest to you seems to be where they're dissolving bodies, since there are piles of corpses next to it. Others have pieces of metal, some armor or weapons that appear unfinished and are being etched or maybe smoothed or polished via being dipped in the pits. There are people dunking cloth bags into the pits, people gathering fluids from the pits and at the very bottom, people throwing metal barrels into the biggest pit.

The men here are all wearing full body suits of what look like treated leather with masks very much like your own. If you didn't have your masks I'd be making Endurance rolls for you every now and again due to the toxic fumes here but luckily for you, you do have those masks.

Level 1
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Level 2

Level 3

Level 4

Level 5

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: December 11, 2017, 11:04:18 am »

"So what, we're just messing these guys up? Maybe we should make a big show of firepower and then demand surrender?"

Stick them bullets in that there explosive rifle. Because you never told me how big it's magazine is, I'm just gonna shove all 60 in there somehow.
Get cover, if possible.
Take careful aim at the most dangerous looking enemy, but don't shoot yet.

Again, what are the people here armed with?
Are the pits shallow enough that I could reach down and touch it from the edge?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:09:20 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: December 11, 2017, 11:05:14 am »

So, what's our objective here?

Also, reposting in case it's needed;

You manage to transform his head into a clockwork automaton head. It is very messily attached to the body.

Great! Now activate the clockwork head (I'm hoping there's something to wind it up, like a toy), stand well back, and observe.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #761 on: December 11, 2017, 11:57:43 am »

Step out onto the closest rib and get a look down into our fleshpit.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:11:04 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #762 on: December 11, 2017, 11:51:15 pm »

So, what's our objective here?

Also, reposting in case it's needed;

You manage to transform his head into a clockwork automaton head. It is very messily attached to the body.

Great! Now activate the clockwork head (I'm hoping there's something to wind it up, like a toy), stand well back, and observe.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
Murder.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: December 12, 2017, 05:21:46 am »

Also loot some 10-20 bullets.

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: December 12, 2017, 08:45:16 am »

((EDIT: @Piecewise This is assuming you got significantly better. If not, feel free to disregard this nonsense. :) ))

While our glorious leader is away, time to keep pestering you with questions!

Such as: Can a single action (i.e. half of turn allotment, maybe after movement, or before) engage several targets in melee, provided they stand clustered enough (or are all touching the same tile from which the attacks originate, for example)?

Does such thing as a 'charge' exist under the current movement-and-action system? (I.e. maybe move and attack with just one action/half-turn, or gain a bonus on your subsequent melee roll, just - accommodating for the gained momentum and its use in melee combat.)

How does riding work, actions-wise? I guess most of the time the mount is not an actor, and thus his movement and maybe attacks are abstracted into rider's own, but what if a PC was riding another PC (polymorphed, or just strong enough to play pretend-cavalry :P )?

Also, what about move-by actions? Rider's attack in the middle of mount's movement is just one common example (e.g. think jousting), but a dextrous thief might try snatching a purse while running past the mark, etc.

(( This is why DnD games generally have shitty mounted combat rules, btw, in case anyone wondered. They traditionally use a very similar movement-action framework. ))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 08:46:59 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 114