Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217302 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars
« Reply #330 on: October 18, 2017, 03:27:29 pm »

Down the ladder as soon as possible. All the way down if possible.

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)

You jump on the ladder and slide all the way down to the bottom, landing right next to Chu.

"Too many of them boss, get down below, I'll try to hold them off."

Cast Shockwave Distortion Dust after Shade gets down, then go down myself.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
[2][10v1][6]
You wait for Shade to duck past you and vanish down the ladder before unleashing your spell. You do it the best way you know how, by punching. You gather the magic up in your hand, weaving the spell around your knuckles and then shoving it forward with a blow. The spell is not your best; it barely has enough energy to form correctly. And the man is tough; he took on a demon tiger while blinded and won. Even still, an expanding shockwave of Dust, a wall of white glowing motes that wove into geometric shapes even as they flew outward, splashes across his upper body. Unlike the amber chunk with its aura of Dust, this stuff is short lived, lasting only a second or two, but its long enough. When it clears, the man looks like he's been flayed. The dust only ate into his skin but the randomization of complex flesh and air basically gave him third degree burns with none of the benefits of cauterization. You can only see the horribly mangled flesh for a moment before blood oozes out of every opened capillary and his upper body becomes a mass of red.

[6v9] The man starts towards you but stumbles, staggers another step, hisses out a breath between his teeth and then drops to one knee.

Glass breaking? Steel and flint? He's gonna start a fire!

climb the ladder, but be prepared to step to the side or hop down if my teammates come down. Anyway, try to sneak up until my head is above the floor and i can shoot. If the enemy is out of arm's reach, shoot at him. If he is charging me, drop back down instead. If he is in arm's reach but distracted, shoot. If my shot has a chance of catching my teammates in it's AoE, don't shoot.

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You climb up and poke your head out. The man is gathering up bottles of what look like oil or alcohol with rag wicks stuffed in their tops. He has a flint in steel in one hand and 3 or 4 bottles in the other. You can see where this is going.

[3v3][4] You snap your rifle up and shoot at the man. You're not far away but you are balancing on a ladder and trying to shoot quickly, so your aim isn't great. The shot grazes his left shoulder, about 6 inches from the base of his neck. He rocks forward, more in surprise than anything, and turns to see you.

[2v2] The man screams something incoherent and hurls a bottle at you without bothering to light it. You duck back down the ladder and the bottle goes over your head and shatters down below.

Its about this time that both the alien tiger and the distortion dust amber eat through the floor of the third level completely and both fall. The Tiger lands with a sound like a bug being crushed and leaves a huge hissing crater of stone and acidic blood. The amber lands directly on one of the corpses from earlier and begins randomizing it and the stone around it, forming a horrible slurry. A crack opens up straight down the center of the third story, including opening a gash in the stone wall. The wooden floor bows dangerously downward, the boards now only supported on one end.

https://imgur.com/a/Nc07E

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 18, 2017, 03:37:40 pm »

Finish skullcap dude off by stomping on his neck, and then down the ladder to the north room on the second floor.  It's looking unstable up here.

-edited-

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 08:29:10 pm by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: October 18, 2017, 03:48:13 pm »

climb the ladder and trigger my prepared spell ([mark whole body][amber][shockwave]). Uh, if the spell needs a focus, grab a random loot item and throw it at the guy, then duck under the floor again, so as not to be randomized myself.\\Edit: to be clear, I am talking about attacking the guy on the second floor, not the one Thag is fighting on the third floor.

i'd use the sword, but ... strength 2.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2017, 04:55:43 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #333 on: October 18, 2017, 06:41:07 pm »

"Nice shot, m'dude! Keep popping dudes like that and I'll feel-semi helpful!"

[Cloud / Wall], facing towards the tower. Shout encouragement to the guy with my rifle.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

[5]
You point in the direction of the tower and wave your hand dismissively. A wall of fog 10 feet thick and 20 high, tracing a quarter circle in the direction of the tower, materializes like time lapse condensation.

((@Radio Controlled I see what you did there...  And I accept that name with honor! ;D ))

Our enemies hide in metal boxes, the cowards, the fools! We, we should take away their metal boxes.

Surprise!
Kay smiled at the guards who discovered him as he cast.

Hold breath and enchant the platform's floor with 'Cloud' under the guards. Then get down to the ground/away from the spell result as fast and safely as possible.

Clever. Its a big enchant though; you'll need good potency and/or int to do the whole platform.
[1][4]
Your spell is weak. Weak as hell. It only comes out because its so uncomplicated. But you have a bit of luck. You manage to only vanish a small section of the platform but you make sure to do it directly under one of the overseer's feet.  He drops straight through the could with a startled yelp and falls 40 feet to the ground. He lands quite near to one of the slaves still advancing on the tower and is still.

((Apologies, apparently running myown game ruins my ability to keep up with other games.))

Try to fix the arm, again!  I'm not even sure if there's any downside to a tourniquet at this point...

When do we get our words (and therefore, Repair), back?  If used then, will it refresh before our next mission?  Or will I have to choose between having two functional arms and having "repair"?

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)
((As the OP says, the words you start with automatically refill after every conflict. Its only the ones gained from areas that you get at random. So if you started with repair, you'll have it again after this.))
[6v4] You wrap the wound in your shirt, using it to apply pressure and hold the wound together. Its not gonna make the arm any more functional but at least you won't bleed out. 

((@Radio Controlled I see what you did there...  And I accept that name with honor! ;D ))
((Really, the image of him casually lopping of heads with a clockwork chainsword makes the connection inevitable; Now we just need to find you a tank to stand on top of.))

Everyone moves up together in a clump and ends their turns in cover with a view of the man Murphy shot in the face a few turns ago. He's still on the ground, groaning, rifle laying off by his side. The shot wasn't fatal or even really that damaging, but it tore a big hole out of his face and it bled and hurt like a mother fucker, no doubt.

Yell at that guy to surrender and to get down on the ground with his hands on his head. If he doesn't comply immediately, shoot him and have the Glorious Revolutionary Capitalist Vanguard shoot him as well. Also shoot any other guard should one come into sight. If not, go loot that guy's weapons (assuming he's dead or surrendering).

"Uhh, sarge, that one you bagged earlier seems to still be breathing. Should we let him surrender or just make him meet his maker?"

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

You shout at the guy. He doesn't react. Well he groans and jerks a bit but he gives no indication that he actually heard you. You shout at him again and this time he doesn't even move, he just lays totally still, all sprawled out.

Huh.

You carefully walk over and grab his rifle-it has 4 shots in it- and then look down at him. He's unconscious and still oozing a bit of blood.

"Uhh, sarge, that one you bagged earlier seems to still be breathing. Should we let him surrender or just make him meet his maker?"

"I suppose we should give everyone a chance to see the virtues of capitalism and democracy. Only one chance though, we don't have all day here. If he doesn't immediatly see the light,
give him a muzzle flash instead."

While Abu Hajaar tries to get the wounded guy to surrender, just aim at the guy and glare silently with all of the capitalistic fervour I can manage. If both of us together don't manage to convince him of the virtues of democracy, make sure I'm ready to shoot him if he tries something and Abu happens to be too slow on the trigger.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You stay where you are, guarding Abu as he gets the rifle. Nothing happens.

Meanwhile, back up the tower, the first wave of slaves charges up. They climb past Kay  and up onto the platform, charging into battle with nothing but fists and mining implements. Luckily the guards have nothing but rifles which are not much better when being forced into melee.

[4v2][1] One slave charges the guard on the right and tackles him to the ground. They both roll about, dangerously close to the hole, and the slave gets the overseer into a choke hold. [6v1][4] Another slave charges the man on the left with a pickax. The guard tries to raise his rifle to block but the point of the pick is too long and the blow too heavy; the spike sinks straight into his head and sticks there. He falls back, dragging the pick from the slave's hands.  Two more slaves charge the last unoccupied man on the platform. The man fires. [4v3][5] He hits one of the slaves in the torso but only shallowly. If the Slave is slowed by the hit, he doesn't show it.

https://imgur.com/a/Ceyyd

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: October 18, 2017, 07:05:19 pm »

To victory, my friends! Once more unto the breach, once more! Kay yells as he charges into the fray.

Hop onto the platform, charge and attack the guard in the corner.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: October 18, 2017, 07:26:15 pm »

Take this opportunity to take some better cover. What's with the guard to the west? If he's still a threat, Throw birds at him and tell the guy with the rifle to shoot him.

I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 18, 2017, 08:14:05 pm »

... I think I'm gonna make my own gang.

Should I create my own wordlist?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #337 on: October 18, 2017, 09:02:42 pm »

Yup

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: October 18, 2017, 09:19:39 pm »

Yup
Okay, I'll do so soon.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: October 19, 2017, 03:37:13 am »

"So Sarge, what do with this one?"

Preliminary action: run towards the guard tower, shoot any guard I get a bead on.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 03:57:40 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:39 am »

Leave the shack, and start running over towards Raven, keeping low.  If Corven sees the guard to the West, and he looks aggressive, he'll shout for the man to surrender if he wants to live.

Unrelatedly, I talked about this with Radio, and I'm rescinding my veto on ATHATH joining R&R.  I barred him under the assumption that the other team would let him in, but even though I don't want to outnumber the only enemy 2-to-1... I also don't want to force someone into going solo if they don't want to.

ATHATH, you're free to join us if you still want, as long as you're polite and don't insist on taking limited words.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: October 20, 2017, 02:58:07 pm »

"I ain't sure, son. He seems kind of out of it, he doesn't really look like much of threat right now. On the other hand, he is a dirty communist. I suppose we have more important matters to shoot at right now though. Let's just make sure we grab his weapons first."

Make sure scarface here is looted of all weapons. Then join Abu Hajaar in going towards the guard tower. Keep my head low, stick to cover, and shoot any guard I can set my eyes on.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #342 on: October 22, 2017, 09:44:18 am »

Finish skullcap dude off by stomping on his neck, and then down the ladder to the north room on the second floor.  It's looking unstable up here.

-edited-

[2v1][4]
You run over to the man and lift your foot, trying to drive your heel into his throat with all your weight and momentum. The man slaps at your foot and you feel your blow slide across his flesh without catching or depositing its force. The man falls to the ground regardless and you leave him. You slide down to the second floor and stop just above your other team member, hopping off the ladder to get out of his way.

climb the ladder and trigger my prepared spell ([mark whole body][amber][shockwave]). Uh, if the spell needs a focus, grab a random loot item and throw it at the guy, then duck under the floor again, so as not to be randomized myself.\\Edit: to be clear, I am talking about attacking the guy on the second floor, not the one Thag is fighting on the third floor.

i'd use the sword, but ... strength 2.

[3v4]
You point your hand at the man with the bottles and unleash the spell stored in your body. The tattoos rush across your skin and condense on a single spot on your palm. Energy bursts forth a moment later, a flowing wall of dense liquid that crests into a wave 8 feet tall and rushes forward. The man dodges away, leaping and rolling to his feet as the fluid surges past him. As soon as the advancing wave strikes the far wall, it stops and the fluid hardens and forms a wall of solid amber all the way across the room. The Amber entombs one corpse but doesn't catch your attacker.

Okay, look around for weapons near where I am. And don't go near the amber.
A sword had bounced away from the body the amber dropped on. You pick it up.

The man on the second floor lights one of his bottles and throws it hard at Thag's head. [1v4][6] The bottle slams straight into his forehead and shatters. Much of the contents of the bottle actually flies straight past him, only coating his head in a thin layer of fluid. The resulting fire burns all the hair off his face and leaves his body from the upper shoulders up a painful pinkish red with first degree burns. But in terms of possible outcomes, its not really that bad.  The wooden walkway, already split in half, catches fire as the spray coats it.

https://imgur.com/a/D5lbY

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 09:01:27 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #343 on: October 22, 2017, 10:31:24 am »

To victory, my friends! Once more unto the breach, once more! Kay yells as he charges into the fray.

Hop onto the platform, charge and attack the guard in the corner.

[8v1][5]
You pull yourself up onto the platform and shoulder your way past the advancing slaves. You cross the distance to the guard in an instant and swing your clockwork monstrosity at his head, the bladed gears whistling as they cut the air. Your blow catching him on the right temple and the gears punch through bone. The cut isn't a smooth one by any measure; the gears catch bone and almost tear the blade out of your grip, their rotation dragging the knife forward and deeper in. You tighten your grip and pull back, struggling against their motion until the gears glance off the man's sinuses and jerk upward. The blade explodes out the top of his head, having carved a ragged semicircular scoop out of his skull in the space of maybe a second and a half.

His body spasms and he topples over backwards, dead before he hits the ground.

Take this opportunity to take some better cover. What's with the guard to the west? If he's still a threat, Throw birds at him and tell the guy with the rifle to shoot him.

The guard to the west appears to be hiding behind some stone and thinking very hard about what he wants to do. Or maybe he's just a coward. Hard to tell. You shout at the slave with your rifle to shoot the guard before sprinting over toward your father.

"So Sarge, what do with this one?"

Preliminary action: run towards the guard tower, shoot any guard I get a bead on.

You run towards the guard tower. Its a while away. As you run you see Kay literally chainsaw half of someone's head off. Neat.

"I ain't sure, son. He seems kind of out of it, he doesn't really look like much of threat right now. On the other hand, he is a dirty communist. I suppose we have more important matters to shoot at right now though. Let's just make sure we grab his weapons first."

Make sure scarface here is looted of all weapons. Then join Abu Hajaar in going towards the guard tower. Keep my head low, stick to cover, and shoot any guard I can set my eyes on.

You take his rifle (which has 4 rounds) and a magazine of 5 more rounds off him before runing after Abu.

Leave the shack, and start running over towards Raven, keeping low.  If Corven sees the guard to the West, and he looks aggressive, he'll shout for the man to surrender if he wants to live.

Unrelatedly, I talked about this with Radio, and I'm rescinding my veto on ATHATH joining R&R.  I barred him under the assumption that the other team would let him in, but even though I don't want to outnumber the only enemy 2-to-1... I also don't want to force someone into going solo if they don't want to.

ATHATH, you're free to join us if you still want, as long as you're polite and don't insist on taking limited words.

You run out and nearly run into Raven as she skids to a stop right outside the shack.

Up in the tower, another 4 slaves charge in and every single one of them up there falls upon the last guard. There's really no telling what they did, Kay can't see through the crowd, but as he watches the seething wall of angry slaves, he sees a finger, its edges ragged with tooth marks, roll out of between stomping feet and tearing hands.  Geez.

[6v4][2]
The guard with Raven's gun shoots the overseer crouching behind the pile of stone. No one can see exactly what happens from their position, but they hear the pop and the spray of blood coats everything within 20 feet.

https://imgur.com/a/rF7KF

So you guys are basically done here; there's only one overseer alive and the slaves are in full revolt. Unless there's anything you guys wanna do before ending this, I'm gonna call it done and we can move on.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: October 22, 2017, 10:36:27 am »

So you guys are basically done here; there's only one overseer alive and the slaves are in full revolt. Unless there's anything you guys wanna do before ending this, I'm gonna call it done and we can move on.

Loot all of the weapons from the dead guards. Yes, ALL of them. Ask the rest of the team to help carry them if needed. Also request back the weapons given to those two slaves (gave them two rifles). 

Shit, maybe grab some of their uniforms as well, if possible. This is gonna be our main base, so store them somewhere in our brand spanking new crib.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2017, 11:48:51 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 114