Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 221420 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #570 on: November 12, 2017, 10:13:24 am »

Nahhhh you traded the word. I wouldn't have you do that without your knowledge.
((Yay for most gracious and benevolent Piecewise the GM!  :) ))

Ravenous Rogues

Bored to his bones, Kay narrowly held down his urge to start singing. Or fighting the closest evil-looking man.

Hang around. Be ready to start killing people (or talking) when the situation demands so. Actually, let's engage in some talking already, as far as it doesn't impede the negotiations.

Sir Dreamer, if I may ask, that is one extremely brutal scar. Is the eye damage extensive? Could you tell its story?

Obviously, Kay is always eager for a story.

Spoiler: @Roncal-Roth (click to show/hide)

The man looks at you for a moment and then shrugs. "Beyond the gate is a toxic wasteland. Creatures from it are the most common assailants we face. This is the result of a fight with a Chlorine Revenant."

Tell the dude explicitly that we'll be collecting the magic words here, but they obviously have the right to take those words off us themselves if they have mages, or to just have us summon simple stuff using them. Warn him that stuff summoned like that will disappear. They own the place, they built it, and they man it against otherworldly horrors, so it's the least we can do to give them this place's words.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Raven, apparently tired of this fannying about, just straight up lays out the facts of the matter. They want the words the gate generates, they want some say in the control of the gate, and in return they will help guard it.  She doesn't directly contradict anything her father said, but her explanation sounds more plausible somehow.

The man nods his head thoughtfully after she finishes.

"The magic gained from this gate is nothing compared to that gained from the lands beyond, so I have no reservations in giving it away in return for allies. I have only two conditions: First, I need to know exactly what your capacities and resources are, and Second I need your agreement to come to our aid whenever we call for it. If you agree to these conditions, I will agree to yours."

Haul up atata's (character's) corpse up to where I'm sitting and take the permanent and polymorph words from him, aaaand... say, his repair word. Then start doodling on his face. Let's make him BEAUTIFUL.
You grab his corpse and hull him up onto the barrier. You take his words and then use the repair one for no real reason and with no target. The magic, lacking any sort of goal, lashes out randomly in a spray of green sparks and leaps into his corpse. His body writhes and contorts horribly, limbs twisting taunt at odd angles, joints popping wetly. Finally he  arches his back, so hard he nearly touches the top of his head with his feet and his skin burns and heals in random patches before the magic fades and his corpse thumps down and rolls off the barricade.
Huh.

Uhh, I think you misunderstood. I didn't actually want to say/speak/use his 'repair' word, it was the written equivalent to when you'd be in a store and draw out your 'and' while choosing what else you wanna buy. "I wanna buy some X, some Y, aaaaaand say, some Z". So can we undo that?

Either way, start doodling on that face dammit!

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Sure. I thought it was odd but your character is kind of odd so I went with it. If it wasn't intentional then we can undo it.

Doodling with what exactly? You lack doodling devices.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 12, 2017, 10:22:07 am »

Doodling with what exactly? You lack doodling devices.

Well shucks you're right!

Acquire doodling implements.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #572 on: November 12, 2017, 10:57:31 am »

Shadow Alliance

Head up to the fifth floor. If I spot someone who is apparently in leadership in THE LAST WORD, approach them. Otherwise, just inspect the area.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You take the stairs straight up to the fifth floor and head right until you find a pair of double doors. You walk through them and into a large open room. The ceiling here has a large skylight and sun falls down onto a large pond and circle of wildflowers surrounded by a low stone wall. Its quite a thing to see here, in the middle of this otherwise sterile white stone and windowless corridors. There are two guards on either side of the entrance and a several doors around the edge of the room; 5 in total, with a big set of double doors straight ahead. Judging by their relative ornateness and prominence, you'd bet they lead to something or someone important. 

Shadow Alliance

"So, I was wondering, does this place allow check outs? If so, you got any mystery novels, long ones?"

Chat with the closest guard, quietly of course, don't want to disturb anyone.

Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)
The guard leans in to speak with you, just as quietly.
"We do, but something of value must be left behind, as collateral. Books of that nature are in the fiction section, second story, left side."
"Ahh, gonna have to come back later then. Thanks for the information."

head up and look for an interesting mystery novel.
You head upstairs and search around for a good mystery novel. They have a large collection of fiction books, most of which look like they're second hand. You find a thin, paper bound version of "The Murders in the Rue Morgue".

Shadow Alliance

"Cool!"

Flip a few pages.  Any sauropods?

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Shadow Alliance

"I'm interested in helping out as well, could you tell me who to talk to so I can formalize an arrangement?"

Accept and follow directions to whoever runs this place.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
"Fifth floor. Office on the far side of the central room is the director's."

MAPS
https://imgur.com/a/FH7Tf

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #573 on: November 12, 2017, 11:12:38 am »

Enter from the north. Find somewhere hidden nearby to chill until I think of something useful to do

Spoiler: @Cosa Nostra fellas (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

You come in from the North, on the far west side of the tannery, hidden from everyone. You just sort of stop there and wait.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: @DolosusDoleus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
The rest of you guys have basically the same actions, using metal for magical purposes. The only problem is that the only metal anywhere near you is in that open building  to the south. Its basically just a stone wall around three big metal wedges. A worker is scraping a skin against the sharp edge of one of the wedges, separating bits of flesh from the skin and occasionally stopping to handle a stubborn piece with a curved knife.  Those wedges are the only metal you can see around here and going and casting on them would remove part of the workings of the tannery and definitely break your current stealth.

I'm fine with it, I just don't want to run you guys out into a possible clusterfuck without your knowledge.

MAP
https://imgur.com/a/ADy3J

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Bird Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #574 on: November 12, 2017, 12:39:19 pm »

"Those are very understandable conditions. Let me help fulfill the first one."

Explain to him the basics of how our magic works, our permanant words and what they do, our base in the mine, and of course the importance of activating eyes.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 12, 2017, 03:37:55 pm »

Shadow Alliance

"Thanks! See you around."

Up to the fifth floor.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 12, 2017, 03:40:24 pm »

Check out that overseer in the front of the building nearest me. What is he armed with? How attentive is he? Is he patrolling, or stationary? Could I sneak up to him?

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #577 on: November 12, 2017, 04:25:57 pm »

Shadow Alliance

Address one of the guards with an air of a man used to authority. Stride forward and stand next to the pond in an attitude of quiet contemplation.

"Please announce Chu Sana'me, of The Shadow Alliance, here to see the head of THE LAST WORD."

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 12, 2017, 05:00:48 pm »

Royal Renegades

Speaking of eyes, offer to heal his on the spot (single-word Repair enchantment). Do good on the offer if he accepts.

Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 12, 2017, 09:52:13 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 13, 2017, 01:13:14 am »

Shadow Alliance

"Sweet!"

A few more pages.  How about the fishy ones that swim?

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 14, 2017, 03:52:25 am »

Mention that we recently freed a small army of slaves who're now loyal to us, and figure that some of them could be trained as a supplementary garrison, in trade for... well, training them all as supplementary garrison, though only a portion would be here at any tune.  Not telling him this, but I would like our HQ's guards to be competent, so while I don't want to send them all away, if it increases their overall quality, sending some away is a good investment.  We can probably talk the slaves into it, pointing out that they'll be learning to defend themselves, and probably won't have to actually do anything while working the 'payment' off.

...We should probably work on improving conditions for those slaves, somehow.  Need to maintain loyalty...

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 14, 2017, 11:05:33 am »

Shadow Alliance
Read while waiting for the others to finish

Spoiler: John Smith (click to show/hide)

PaPaj

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazed escaped dwarf from Alcatraz
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 14, 2017, 11:21:29 am »

After spending a large amount of time outside Jake decides to go in and look around

Spoiler: Jake (click to show/hide)
"Hey how are you doing? well im doing just fine,i lie i am dying inside" - [place data of this short song being made here] some girl with a guitar

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 14, 2017, 03:01:41 pm »

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 114