Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217259 times)

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #690 on: December 03, 2017, 09:38:06 am »

((Sorry about that))

Spell prep: Ammunition+Many, because why shoot 1 bullet when you can shoot lots? Actually, just cast "many" on one of the existing bullets.

First action: Get into cover with Abu and try to get a read on our surroundings.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #691 on: December 03, 2017, 12:00:05 pm »

What I mean is that one will be more expensive but more effective.
The best that can be afforded with the above-mentioned words.

((Alright, still getting my stuff together to actually get ready for this, so no character sheet here, but anyways...))

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
Alright, map being made.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #692 on: December 03, 2017, 01:31:59 pm »

Yeah, what else would I be doing?

After activating my mark, cast [Contain / Explosive] on my rifle. (It's currently unloaded. Try to keep the containment pointing the explosive towards the enemy.)

And take some damn cover! What are the guards armed with?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

ALRIGHT so. Remember what happened when Radio accidentally used Repair on a corpse back in that alternate timeline where that actually happened? Well your eyes effectively contain "Repair" and nothing else. Both the Mark and Permanent were used to put the repair in your eyes. So when you release the magic and enchant his arm, you're effectively just casting "Repair" on a fully functional arm. The good news is that the horribly twitching, cancerous, broken lump you transform his arm into repairs itself back to normal at the end of its 30 seconds of Akira like growth.

Remember the problems with Enchanting living tissue.

[4] Your rifle's barrel takes on a rather odd appearance, laced with tiny glowing lines of red arcane text.

The men down on this level seem mostly unarmed; they look like they're just going about their duties. The two that are armed have what look like normal rifles and long, thin, chrome silver blades that look almost like edged needles.

Resentful Ringwraiths

Kay bowed respectfully at the Scarred Man as he conceded defeat.

It was a valuable lesson! Level-up: Awareness to d8.

Prep spell: Re-enchant my chainblade with [Clockwork].

[3] You get your blade back though...well...its not quite as nice as some of the other times. The gears are smaller and the blade overall is just not as big and menacing. Oh well.

Now, you have a specific goal here: You want to take this structure, along with the mechanisms and the information it contains, for yourself. The problem is that these alchemists are not slaves. They are tradesmen. They like this work. They like this place. And they Know what you did at the mine.  Take this place for yourselves by whatever means needed.

Are these alchemists actually loyal to whoever currently owns this joint, or doesn't it matter to them who they work for as long as they can keep doing so? Are there any actual guards around (that we can see) or is it just the alchemists?

What exactly is 'this work'? What are they doing here, and if we were to take over and take the magic words from this hex, would that interfere? Or are the magic words and their work unconnected?

Either way, try to get into the nearest cover.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Well, they made the pact to join of their own accord and its gone well for them so far. They're loyal in that they know the tradesmen have done good work for them and have never betrayed them. And they know of your actions through what they heard from the tradesmen.

They are making things. There are magic words here but the work they're doing is MOSTLY unrelated.

Cover it is.

((Sorry about that))

Spell prep: Ammunition+Many, because why shoot 1 bullet when you can shoot lots?

First action: Get into cover with Abu and try to get a read on our surroundings.

[5]
You get 40 rounds of ammo. 30 are for the rifle, 10 are for the enormous gun. The 10 for the big gun just kind of materialize on the ground and you leave them there. Carrying them plus the gun plus the ammo already in it would be a spine breaking sort of load.

As per a lay of the land, there's a description of it in an early post. if you meant something else, you'll have to clarify.

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

If Sarge's ammo spell works, and he's willing to share, Corven will grab a few rounds from the supply.  If it didn't work, or Sarge's being selfish, Corven will cast "Clockwork Ammunition" himself, and spread the bullets between the rest of the team.

Then, he'll take cover next to Raven.

((Current semblance of a plan: Shoot at anyone visible until they hole up inside.  Then start summoning massive amounts of "Cloud [harmfulWord]" inside the place, in hopes of killing most of the defenders.

...We should probably not group up, like Corven is doing.  I bet alchemists have AoE attacks.))

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

You grab 15 rounds from Sarge's rifle supply. I'm assuming he's willing, if not we'll retcon it.

Now, I'm gonna assume since you're all in cover, you're currently all in stealth and none of the people on this level have seen you yet.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #693 on: December 03, 2017, 02:00:57 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Shoot them both in the lung. Or anywhere that offers a less-than-immediate death, but still takes them out of the fight.

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
"I've had about enough of you two!"
[1v3] You fire a shot straight into the floor.
"DAMN IT IF ONLY I WASN'T SUCH A TERRIBLE SHOT FOR SOME REASON!"

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
[10v3]
You groan, shift yourself to get a view at the doorway, and take a sort of halfhearted, woozy, one handed shot at the man in it. The bullet catches him straight between the eyes and blows the back of his head and all its contents against the walls and floor of the room behind him.

"Ha...gotcha....Ow. Laughing hurts."

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

If I can get in there and help Cyril in one turn, do it (by attacking those who accost him). If I can't, get that guy to the south of me and take cover behind that wall.

((Sorry Cyril can't leave enemies at my back bro))
((edit: wow took me a whole day to realize my spoiler was wrong))
You spin on your heel and run back around the corner, hopping over an unconscious overseer and sprinting into the room with Cyril.
[7v4][3]
You run up behind the nearest man and stab your blade straight through the back of his neck. He gurgles for a moment before you rip the blade free and then finish the job with a arcing cut to the spine that severs his head.

Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
You move into a position where you can get a shot off at the one man behind the building across from you.

[8v2]
You put a round straight into the back of his head and he flops down against the wall and slides to the ground, leaving a smear of blood against the stone.

The last man standing shifts his attention from Cyril to Big Poppa.
[5v4][5]
The overseer stabs at Big Poppa's gut but Poppa manages to half parry the strike at the last moment so that instead of getting him straight in the belly button, the jab catches him an inch or two from the side instead. Its painful and messy but not fatal in the short term.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 03, 2017, 02:51:33 pm »

Note how I specifically said to cast it on Corven's left arm, and not some random teammate's random limb. Now, look at Corven's character spoiler. Injuries do not heal automatically between missions. Thanks for just up and telling me how this mark works, though?
I assume I still have my mark?
Does my rifle still have a magazine? If so, grab some of Sarge's ammo and load it.

« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:37:24 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #695 on: December 03, 2017, 02:57:04 pm »

Note how I specifically said to cast it on Corven's left arm, and not some random teammate's random limb. Now, look at Corven's character spoiler. Injuries do not heal automatically between missions. Thanks for just up and telling me how this mark works, though?
I assume I still have my mark?
Does my rifle still have a magazine? If so, grab some of Sarge's ammo and load it.

Now... Cast [Crow / Many / Darkness] on my own right leg, then repair it.

Did I say they don't heal between missions? I don't remember.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 03, 2017, 06:01:34 pm »

AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAA! Strike him down! Assuming I succeed, make sure Cyril is safe and try to treat my/his wounds.

((Does he only have the head cut? If so prioritize my own wound))

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 03, 2017, 06:32:59 pm »

Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 04, 2017, 04:52:29 am »

Abu had feared this would be another talky assignment, but apparently the current idea seemed to be to just shoot everything up? Well, that plan was just fiiiine by Abu.

Enchant atata's corpse (whom I named Abdul, for the record) with 'clockwork polymorphwholebody'. Apparently we might be switching targets. Start practicing my ventriloquism instead.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:40:09 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 04, 2017, 11:40:41 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Shoot the (last?) Overseer. For real this time.

RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 05, 2017, 07:33:16 am »

((@RR  I'm all up for making a bloodbath and an example of them, but shouldn't we perhaps try reason first or something? Maybe leave and kill their trader lieges first and force negotiations with these guys afterwards? Just sayin' that skilled professionals might be a valuable and non-renewable commodity in these times.

Oh well. I had to try, right? :) ))
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:34:51 am by Nikitian »
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #701 on: December 05, 2017, 07:27:53 pm »

FINALS WEEK BEGINS NOW AND CONTINUES TILL NEXT THURSDAY AAAA.

Cosa Nostra

Shoot the (last?) Overseer. For real this time.

[8v2][4]

You shoot him right between the eyes. Finally.

AAAAA! AAAAA! AAAAA! Strike him down! Assuming I succeed, make sure Cyril is safe and try to treat my/his wounds.

((Does he only have the head cut? If so prioritize my own wound))

Ok so the last openly hostile guy is dead. There are just workers left. Now what? You wanna try and convince them to join you? Run them off? Kill them?

Other two teams, I need to finish the map for one of you and the other team seems to only have a few posts.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 08:58:18 pm by piecewise »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 05, 2017, 09:27:18 pm »

Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I personally think we should recruit the workers as some sort of... something idk. But I should let yall bros decide that.))

Scavenge a full suit of armor (or at least whatever's available) from them corpses. Nab a gun as well. Otherwise I think I'm set.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 05, 2017, 11:40:34 pm »

((@RR  I'm all up for making a bloodbath and an example of them, but shouldn't we perhaps try reason first or something? Maybe leave and kill their trader lieges first and force negotiations with these guys afterwards? Just sayin' that skilled professionals might be a valuable and non-renewable commodity in these times.

Oh well. I had to try, right? :) ))
Unclear who else you intend to kill to make this easier? The tradesmen have that bigass fucking tower and attacking that seems quite a bit harder than taking the alchemists. Also I'm unsure if PW will allow us to unload this map before doing anything just to make him generate a whole new level. :P
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 06, 2017, 08:04:49 am »

Alright, map being made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo

so ... uh. Do we need to post our prep spells or something?

Also, no real rush. Finals are a thing. I guess they are more important than this. Maybe.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 114