Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 213076 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #705 on: December 06, 2017, 10:35:24 am »

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

((While I don't particularly agree with Nik's idea of softening them up by attacking their masters, he does have a point in that alchemists provide useful services, which they will no longer provide if we murder them all.  We'll get relevant words, but lose the option of buying their services--and those services are significantly more valuable than the equivalent words.))

If we can just retreat from this area, and attack a different one, I would like to change our target to hex 67: Caustic Pits.  Do our words refresh, or do we lose those that have already been cast?  Similarly, do we lose the items that we've already summoned?

If you don't want us to switch, Corven's action is to just sit in cover, aiming his gun at one of the alchemist guards.  He won't shoot until either his team finishes readying themselves, or one of the alchemists/guards notices our group.

Finally, regardless of what we're doing, did Corven's arm get healed when Raven used her permanent repair mark on it?  I'd assume so, but it's important to be sure.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: December 06, 2017, 11:02:57 am »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #707 on: December 06, 2017, 07:59:11 pm »

Alright, map being made.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yd0fBXwDBmo

so ... uh. Do we need to post our prep spells or something?

Also, no real rush. Finals are a thing. I guess they are more important than this. Maybe.
Ye. Post em. Map almost done. Be careful with this one lads, The Bioconstructors and the Necromancers are nations onto themselves and they have been fighting the church for a while.

As part of your deal, The Last Word has delivered you 10 "FIRE" words for your assault.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #708 on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:44 pm »

Actually fuck it, its done enough for you to see the first level.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You're gonna be coming in from the North. Please ignore the obvious end of the map on the edges, for some reason the program feels the need to export that. It should be more raw living flesh spreading out with giant pipeline sized arteries. The Big black spot there is a shaft or a pit that sinks down 3 additional levels, about 20-30 feet between them. There are enormous ribs across it like bridges. On the two corners there are large fields of what look like fleshy plants. Specifically tall fleshy stalks and tangled intestine-vines ending in what look like multi-colored fetuses.  There are a few men among them, if they can be called men. Their flesh is bright red and their bodies, while still mostly human, sport things like Oxen-horn growths, protruding snouts still human enough to be extremely distressing, and arms about a foot and a half too long. They're wearing loose fitting black clothing, a tunic and pants of what look like silk, with a long gray jacket over it. They're walking through the "plants" picking the fetuses from them and stacking them in baskets of woven hair.

Up, right in the middle of one of the rib arches, is a thing that is more animal then man. A goat-man would describe it but would leave a great deal out. Its completely coated in black fur, except for the very human looking chest and belly, which are hairless. Its is curled in a ball, knees at its chest and arms wrapped around them. The arms are so long they wrap straight back behind the creature and you can see its fingers closing on its own shoulders, holding itself in embrace. Its head is that of a goat, with huge curling white horns and three yellow eyes, one right in the center of its head. Its head is twisted 90 degrees to the side, ears pointed straight up and straight down, and it seems to be staring blankly out at nothing.

Even tightly bundled up as it is, it looks to be 5 or 6 feet tall. It must be at least twice that when standing.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #709 on: December 06, 2017, 08:52:59 pm »

(( Oh f.

Well. Now it's officially Doom. (Or Heretic/Hexen, more like.) Good luck, SA, and don't forget to circle-strafe?.. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: December 06, 2017, 10:28:11 pm »

Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: Re:Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: December 07, 2017, 12:35:37 am »

Well, this looks like fun.  Don't forget about your level-ups.  I'll have my updated sheet up in a bit.

Were we able to acquire any armour?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 02:45:43 am by Devastator »

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: December 07, 2017, 08:23:05 am »

Sheet in next action. For now: questions:
1) I see roughly four 'men' icons in the top left, and one or two in the bottom right. Are there more 'men' in evidence? I assume there are , what with the fields stretching out further like you said.

2) I also see the icon of the beastly figure you mentioned in the center.
there are two additional icons similar to the beast thingum in the center - one top left and one bottom right. What are these?

3) Finally: do we have a GM directive here? a specific goal from above? or is this a "good luck, do what you can, how you can' kind of mission?

to Dev
Well, this looks like fun.  Don't forget about your level-ups.  I'll have my updated sheet up in a bit.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:24:38 am by Ozarck »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: December 07, 2017, 09:13:16 am »

Shadow Alliance

Spoiler: Prep Spell (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:25:50 am by Devastator »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #714 on: December 07, 2017, 10:43:31 pm »

Note how I specifically said to cast it on Corven's left arm, and not some random teammate's random limb. Now, look at Corven's character spoiler. Injuries do not heal automatically between missions. Thanks for just up and telling me how this mark works, though?
I assume I still have my mark?
Does my rifle still have a magazine? If so, grab some of Sarge's ammo and load it.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
You still have the mark
And you grab some ammo. How much depends on how much sarge is willing to give.

Abu had feared this would be another talky assignment, but apparently the current idea seemed to be to just shoot everything up? Well, that plan was just fiiiine by Abu.

Enchant atata's corpse (whom I named Abdul, for the record) with 'clockwork polymorphwholebody'. Apparently we might be switching targets. Start practicing my ventriloquism instead.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

"Hey Abdul, did you enjoy dinner?"

"I sure did" The corpse responds in a squeaky, slightly slurred voice

"You want dessert?"

"No thanks, I'm stuffed! Also I'm a taxidermied corpse so I no longer enjoy the pleasures of life because my conciousness has been violently wrested from my body leaving me nothing but a shell of my former self, a mocking monument to the cruelty of god."

"Woah Abdul, that's pretty heavy."

"Not as heavy as your mom!"

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

((While I don't particularly agree with Nik's idea of softening them up by attacking their masters, he does have a point in that alchemists provide useful services, which they will no longer provide if we murder them all.  We'll get relevant words, but lose the option of buying their services--and those services are significantly more valuable than the equivalent words.))

If we can just retreat from this area, and attack a different one, I would like to change our target to hex 67: Caustic Pits.  Do our words refresh, or do we lose those that have already been cast?  Similarly, do we lose the items that we've already summoned?

If you don't want us to switch, Corven's action is to just sit in cover, aiming his gun at one of the alchemist guards.  He won't shoot until either his team finishes readying themselves, or one of the alchemists/guards notices our group.

Finally, regardless of what we're doing, did Corven's arm get healed when Raven used her permanent repair mark on it?  I'd assume so, but it's important to be sure.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

We can switch targets and just assume you've been doing all this summoning on the edge of the map, like you were doing here. Everything will stay the same except that the map will be different.

It will take me a bit to make another map so hold on. If you want to chew the fat about where you want to go, now is the time before I start making shit.

And yes, your arm is healed. I'm honestly not remembering where I said they don't heal between missions.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #715 on: December 07, 2017, 10:55:10 pm »

Sheet in next action. For now: questions:
1) I see roughly four 'men' icons in the top left, and one or two in the bottom right. Are there more 'men' in evidence? I assume there are , what with the fields stretching out further like you said.

2) I also see the icon of the beastly figure you mentioned in the center.
there are two additional icons similar to the beast thingum in the center - one top left and one bottom right. What are these?

3) Finally: do we have a GM directive here? a specific goal from above? or is this a "good luck, do what you can, how you can' kind of mission?

to Dev

Men monsters will not run in from the edges of the map. They might move out from lower levels but not from the edges. I know its not very realistic but at least for now, I don't want to Xcom style drop infinite enemy backups. I just wanted you guys to know that this place doesn't cut off with harsh, square edges in game.

Gee. I wonder....

The Bioconstructors are part of the factions causing chaos. Stop the chaos. Your methods are yours to choose but...well....I don't know how well these people will listen to your kind of reason. They have rather different Ideas.

Shadow Alliance

Dev,  before I process that action I'm going to reiterate a fact mentioned on the OP. Intent of a spell, if stated, matters. Like, say, what PART of the sabre you're holding when you enchant it and where you want that fire to go.  I mean, if you just want the entire sabre on fire, thats fine with me, but I figured I would bring this up.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #716 on: December 07, 2017, 11:12:09 pm »

((@RR  I'm all up for making a bloodbath and an example of them, but shouldn't we perhaps try reason first or something? Maybe leave and kill their trader lieges first and force negotiations with these guys afterwards? Just sayin' that skilled professionals might be a valuable and non-renewable commodity in these times.

Oh well. I had to try, right? :) ))
I finally remembered where your avatar is from
https://youtu.be/IUIfef58c8U

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: December 07, 2017, 11:23:43 pm »

Cast [Ammunition Clockwork] and load my gun.
Hey, if I were to use Crow to enchant a rabbit in a cage or something, would that count as summoning a creature enough to be able to control it?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 05:24:43 pm by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #718 on: December 07, 2017, 11:28:08 pm »

Spoiler: Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I personally think we should recruit the workers as some sort of... something idk. But I should let yall bros decide that.))

Scavenge a full suit of armor (or at least whatever's available) from them corpses. Nab a gun as well. Otherwise I think I'm set.
You get a helmet, a breast plate, some chainmail, and leather armor pants.

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
Cosa Nostra

Spoiler: Re:Stuff (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
The  workers don't live here, I just wanna point this out. They live down in the lower section of town and just work here.

In any case you announce your intentions to effectively keep things the same, except with yourselves in charge instead of the tradesmen. They say they're fine with that. Just don't hurt them.  They have a family to feed. You know, the general groveling peasant lines.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: December 08, 2017, 12:16:53 am »

Quote from: piecewise
Shadow Alliance

Dev,  before I process that action I'm going to reiterate a fact mentioned on the OP. Intent of a spell, if stated, matters. Like, say, what PART of the sabre you're holding when you enchant it and where you want that fire to go.  I mean, if you just want the entire sabre on fire, thats fine with me, but I figured I would bring this up.

Spoiler: Prep Spell Intent (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 03:26:40 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 114