Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 213137 times)

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #720 on: December 08, 2017, 01:43:35 am »

Cosa Nostra

In that case, I suggest we build houses that are equally as nice as, or better than their current ones. Rent free for employees and their families.
Try to convince the gang of the importance of meatshields non-combatants meatshields is more discriptive

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #721 on: December 08, 2017, 03:33:25 am »

"Oh Abdul, you're such a jester! You sure talk the talk. But can you walk the walk?

Can you... dance?"

Enchant Abdul with 'clockwork polymorphwholebody'.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

raw living flesh spreading out with giant pipeline sized arteries
"ITS FUCKING RAAAAW."

-Gordon Ramsey-
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 09:12:12 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #722 on: December 08, 2017, 08:54:56 am »

"Oh Abdul, you're such a jester! You sure talk the talk. But can you walk the walk?

Can you... dance?"

"ITS FUCKING RAAAAW."

-Gordon Ramsey-
*Cough*thecorpseisn'talivepolymorphisahugewasteonit*cough*

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 08, 2017, 09:11:33 am »

Can you... dance?"

"ITS FUCKING RAAAAW."

-Gordon Ramsey-

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. I though that polymorphwholebody with clockwork would make it so his entire body becomes a clockwork automaton of sorts. If that's not the case, why?

Would instead simply enchanting the corpse with 'clockwork' and getting a high enough POT be sufficient for what I'm trying to do here?

Thanks for the heads up at any rate.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 08, 2017, 10:01:08 am »

((@RR  I'm all up for making a bloodbath and an example of them, but shouldn't we perhaps try reason first or something? Maybe leave and kill their trader lieges first and force negotiations with these guys afterwards? Just sayin' that skilled professionals might be a valuable and non-renewable commodity in these times.

Oh well. I had to try, right? :) ))
I finally remembered where your avatar is from
https://youtu.be/IUIfef58c8U
(( Indeed! ;) ))

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I understand. I though that polymorphwholebody with clockwork would make it so his entire body becomes a clockwork automaton of sorts. If that's not the case, why?

Would instead simply enchanting the corpse with 'clockwork' and getting a high enough POT be sufficient for what I'm trying to do here?

(( You know, all this made me think of my earlier observations, and I now have a hypothesis: The human (?no point of reference for non-human thus far, though?) flesh must be inherently magical, or alternatively, somehow more real and substantial than everything else. Case in point: Repair enchantment sticks to it even without using Permanent; we'd have a lot to gain by experimenting with other enchantments, but they are very dangerous to the subject for the same reason - still, I think I've seen Piecewise say that Polymorph_Whole_Body didn't need Permanent either. Moreover, the whole business of requiring a special word to even be able to function properly instead of randomly destroying bodyparts - the mechanisms created by Clockwork are also incredibly intricate and complex at times, but were it a sword, it'd still be possible to simply enchant it with something without any "Polymorph_Whole_Weapon" business!.. And finally, last but not least, there is one more intriguing reference here - Marks; for, as far as we know, they can /only/ by placed on bodyparts, and if the spellcasting goes wrong, it is the only kind of spell that can be miscast - not randomly substituting relevant words with something else, but just simply going horribly wrong and destroying the affected bodypart (... a magical payment for the missing Potency on the roll? or something entirely else?).

Which is why, I believe, it is especially interesting that SA guys got a mission in flesh hell, and which is why I'm so tempted to start researching stuff, despite all the obvious OOC. Thank you again, Piecewise, for making a world properly self-consistent and scientifically interesting!  :D

... Do you think a more formalized "research" system could be implemented? Maybe with controlled tiles giving the gang a quota of questions to ask you per turn, or maybe a possibility of trading the words for asking you questions of varied complexity and importance corresponding to the value/power of words traded? I'm all for experimentation, and I honestly appreciate your message of "Just test it!" you gave us earlier, but as the example with RC shows, sometimes we just don't have the slightest idea about things you consider obvious (and open); or sometimes we have no idea where to get started attempting something, so even a weak source of (directed) hints, common sense and lore would potentially be greatly appreciated. I think. I sometimes really miss Hephaestus. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 08, 2017, 10:10:14 am »

My ammo spell gave me 30 regular rifle bullets. I'm keeping 10, the other 20 you lot can divide between yourselves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 08, 2017, 10:27:43 am »

(No hep, I don't want to end up in jail for two years because you're too frightened to ask questions of someone again.)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #727 on: December 08, 2017, 12:08:43 pm »

Can you... dance?"

"ITS FUCKING RAAAAW."

-Gordon Ramsey-

....actually I shouldn't keep explaining things. go for it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #728 on: December 08, 2017, 12:12:32 pm »

((@RR  I'm all up for making a bloodbath and an example of them, but shouldn't we perhaps try reason first or something? Maybe leave and kill their trader lieges first and force negotiations with these guys afterwards? Just sayin' that skilled professionals might be a valuable and non-renewable commodity in these times.

Oh well. I had to try, right? :) ))
I finally remembered where your avatar is from
https://youtu.be/IUIfef58c8U
(( Indeed! ;) ))

(( You know, all this made me think of my earlier observations, and I now have a hypothesis: The human (?no point of reference for non-human thus far, though?) flesh must be inherently magical, or alternatively, somehow more real and substantial than everything else. Case in point: Repair enchantment sticks to it even without using Permanent; we'd have a lot to gain by experimenting with other enchantments, but they are very dangerous to the subject for the same reason - still, I think I've seen Piecewise say that Polymorph_Whole_Body didn't need Permanent either. Moreover, the whole business of requiring a special word to even be able to function properly instead of randomly destroying bodyparts - the mechanisms created by Clockwork are also incredibly intricate and complex at times, but were it a sword, it'd still be possible to simply enchant it with something without any "Polymorph_Whole_Weapon" business!.. And finally, last but not least, there is one more intriguing reference here - Marks; for, as far as we know, they can /only/ by placed on bodyparts, and if the spellcasting goes wrong, it is the only kind of spell that can be miscast - not randomly substituting relevant words with something else, but just simply going horribly wrong and destroying the affected bodypart (... a magical payment for the missing Potency on the roll? or something entirely else?).

Which is why, I believe, it is especially interesting that SA guys got a mission in flesh hell, and which is why I'm so tempted to start researching stuff, despite all the obvious OOC. Thank you again, Piecewise, for making a world properly self-consistent and scientifically interesting!  :D

... Do you think a more formalized "research" system could be implemented? Maybe with controlled tiles giving the gang a quota of questions to ask you per turn, or maybe a possibility of trading the words for asking you questions of varied complexity and importance corresponding to the value/power of words traded? I'm all for experimentation, and I honestly appreciate your message of "Just test it!" you gave us earlier, but as the example with RC shows, sometimes we just don't have the slightest idea about things you consider obvious (and open); or sometimes we have no idea where to get started attempting something, so even a weak source of (directed) hints, common sense and lore would potentially be greatly appreciated. I think. I sometimes really miss Hephaestus. ))
Hmm. Well I'd be willing to let you guys Test out stuff between missions. It would still cost the words but you usually have extras or ones you don't want.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 08, 2017, 12:32:56 pm »

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 12:34:51 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 08, 2017, 02:57:46 pm »

Marks; for, as far as we know, they can /only/ by placed on bodyparts

[mark object in caster's right hand]
There are words for marking objects, but they're Tier 4. Presumably if you combined this with a Permanent you'd get a magical wand that you could pass between people.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 08, 2017, 03:01:05 pm »

Gesture my gangmembers to help me down without bleeding out. Try to find something long range and precise in the lootpile.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 08, 2017, 04:36:34 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Oh, right. Go help Dropshot. Don't let him die!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #733 on: December 09, 2017, 06:41:12 am »

Any chance i could get more bullets, boss?
If I can get a total of 6 or more bullets, my prep spell will be [when inflicting damage][distortion dust][shockwave] on the ammo.
otherwise, I guess my prep spell will be our company mascot: [black biometal][feline]

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 09, 2017, 07:40:02 am »

Hmm. Well I'd be willing to let you guys Test out stuff between missions. It would still cost the words but you usually have extras or ones you don't want.

((Unfortunately, the words you wanna figure out the most are exactly those you don't wanna waste... And since the system isn't consistent as much as it is ad-hoc and subject to in-the-moment interpretation (sorry Nik, but despite the game's unquestionable merits, PW admitted as much before) I dunno how well any knowledge gained will generalize to use cases you actually wanna know about.))

....actually I shouldn't keep explaining things. go for it.

Fair enough. In that case, I'd like to appeal to your earlier ruling:
5. If you don't know what a material is, you can ask about it specifically. I won't reveal all secrets but I'll give you the Gist.

I'd like to request 'the Gist' of the word 'polymorphwholebody'.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 114