Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 213159 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #735 on: December 09, 2017, 09:00:49 am »

Hmm. Well I'd be willing to let you guys Test out stuff between missions. It would still cost the words but you usually have extras or ones you don't want.

((Unfortunately, the words you wanna figure out the most are exactly those you don't wanna waste... And since the system isn't consistent as much as it is ad-hoc and subject to in-the-moment interpretation (sorry Nik, but despite the game's unquestionable merits, PW admitted as much before) I dunno how well any knowledge gained will generalize to use cases you actually wanna know about.))

....actually I shouldn't keep explaining things. go for it.

Fair enough. In that case, I'd like to appeal to your earlier ruling:
5. If you don't know what a material is, you can ask about it specifically. I won't reveal all secrets but I'll give you the Gist.

I'd like to request 'the Gist' of the word 'polymorphwholebody'.
Ploymorph whole body, like the other polymorph words, allows enchantment of living flesh without the normal horrible consequences that would entail.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 09, 2017, 09:12:25 am »

Hmm. Well I'd be willing to let you guys Test out stuff between missions. It would still cost the words but you usually have extras or ones you don't want.
(( GREAT! ))

Marks; for, as far as we know, they can /only/ by placed on bodyparts

[mark object in caster's right hand]
There are words for marking objects, but they're Tier 4. Presumably if you combined this with a Permanent you'd get a magical wand that you could pass between people.
((My bad. Still, going for an obvious problem, I overlook a more intricate one - why are Marking words classified the way they are (low-level covering a whole lot of your body, higher level covering just a small bit or even not your body at all), from an  in-universe standpoint? It's a less straightforward one, but it's still interesting, I think.))

((Unfortunately, the words you wanna figure out the most are exactly those you don't wanna waste... And since the system isn't consistent as much as it is ad-hoc and subject to in-the-moment interpretation (sorry Nik, but despite the game's unquestionable merits, PW admitted as much before) I dunno how well any knowledge gained will generalize to use cases you actually wanna know about.))

(( I think the idea is rather that we sacrifice multiple lower-level words (spares or those we don't want) to experiment on words we might not necessarily have at the time; a tithe to access Tinker. I mean, it wasn't an explicit statement that Tests would have to involve the same words it costs to undertake, was it? Though I might be sorely mistaken, and in that case you're right, it'd be much less interesting then. ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #737 on: December 09, 2017, 10:34:25 am »

a tithe to access Tinker

Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 09, 2017, 02:08:24 pm »

Shadow Alliance

Prep spell: Feline, Black Biometal

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #739 on: December 10, 2017, 12:46:31 pm »

I'm sick in bed and don't have access to my mapping program.

I'll update this as soon as I can sit in a chair without throwing up.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 10, 2017, 12:55:48 pm »

I'm sick in bed and don't have access to my mapping program.

I'll update this as soon as I can sit in a chair without throwing up.

That's fine, don't tax yourself too much for our sake (especially during finals season). Get well soon!

(I do find myself wondering now what a skellington would even throw up. Maybe it just sits there making gagging noises, all the discomfort of actually hurling your lunch but with none of the mess.)

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #741 on: December 10, 2017, 03:03:16 pm »

Cast [Ammunition Clockwork] and load my gun.
Hey, if I were to use Crow to enchant a rabbit in a cage or something, would that count as summoning a creature enough to be able to control it?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
[8]
You summon up 60 rounds for your gun.

Maybe.

"Oh Abdul, you're such a jester! You sure talk the talk. But can you walk the walk?

Can you... dance?"

Enchant Abdul with 'clockwork polymorphwholebody'.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

raw living flesh spreading out with giant pipeline sized arteries
"ITS FUCKING RAAAAW."

-Gordon Ramsey-
You manage to transform his head into a clockwork automaton head. It is very messily attached to the body.

My ammo spell gave me 30 regular rifle bullets. I'm keeping 10, the other 20 you lot can divide between yourselves.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Divide them among yourselves, you jackals.

Still mapping. Not long now. Not a very big area honestly.
[1]

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 10, 2017, 03:12:26 pm »

You manage to transform his head into a clockwork automaton head. It is very messily attached to the body.

Great! Now activate the clockwork head (I'm hoping there's something to wind it up, like a toy), stand well back, and observe.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #743 on: December 10, 2017, 03:22:59 pm »

"Pretty sure this thing is gonna be like a frikkin railgun when I pull the trigger. Cover your ears maybe."
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 11:09:56 am by Egan_BW »
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #744 on: December 10, 2017, 03:25:51 pm »

Quote from: piecewise
Shadow Alliance

Spoiler: Prep Spell (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)

Dev,  before I process that action I'm going to reiterate a fact mentioned on the OP. Intent of a spell, if stated, matters. Like, say, what PART of the sabre you're holding when you enchant it and where you want that fire to go.  I mean, if you just want the entire sabre on fire, thats fine with me, but I figured I would bring this up.

Spoiler: Prep Spell Intent (click to show/hide)

[5]
The blade of your saber glows white hot and sheds tongues of flame. The handle is luckily not hot.

Any chance i could get more bullets, boss?
If I can get a total of 6 or more bullets, my prep spell will be [when inflicting damage][distortion dust][shockwave] on the ammo.
otherwise, I guess my prep spell will be our company mascot: [black biometal][feline]

Spoiler:  Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
Is that you asking me for more or asking other people for more? I can't give ya more, but someone else might.
[4]
If you get that ammo, consider it successfully enchanted.

Shadow Alliance

Prep spell: Feline, Black Biometal

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
[10]
You summon up a biometal cat. Ok, thats a bit of an understatement. You summon up a biometal sabretooth tiger the size of an elephant.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #745 on: December 10, 2017, 03:40:08 pm »

Cosa Nostra

In that case, I suggest we build houses that are equally as nice as, or better than their current ones. Rent free for employees and their families.
Try to convince the gang of the importance of meatshields non-combatants meatshields is more discriptive

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
You collect the guard's stuff. Its about a dozen rifles and blades and maybe 100 rounds of ammo.  You also get about a dozen sets of leather armor and some chain stuff.

Gesture my gangmembers to help me down without bleeding out. Try to find something long range and precise in the lootpile.

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Oh, right. Go help Dropshot. Don't let him die!

You guys get Dropshot down, bandage his gut, and hand him a rifle.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: December 10, 2017, 04:19:10 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Scavenge some leather for future use for bandages and whatnot. After that I'm done for REAL

((Do I get to +d2 yet? or wait))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 10, 2017, 04:49:28 pm »

Does the biometal monsterous feline have a bladed tail this time?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 10, 2017, 04:56:54 pm »

You appear to have forgotten to roll int to control that biometal monstrosity. 1/10 chance of a feral elephant-sized murdercat, remember.
Also no int roll for Dev's enchantment, though that's not very important with the single word enchant.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 10, 2017, 05:02:53 pm »

You appear to have forgotten to roll int to control that biometal monstrosity. 1/10 chance of a feral elephant-sized murdercat, remember.
Also no int roll for Dev's enchantment, though that's not very important with the single word enchant.

((I mentioned it to Dev in chat after he gloated about it, and he suddenly went remarkably quiet.  :p ))

Spoiler: All in on 0! (click to show/hide)

Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 114