Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 217100 times)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #765 on: December 12, 2017, 08:56:43 am »

oh my god, Nik. Take that shit to PMs or something. Jesus

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: December 12, 2017, 09:00:52 am »

((Well, I thought it would be useful to others as well, rules-specifics-wise, so I intentionally kept it public. I can remove it if you guys would rather not see such stuff here, of course.))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #767 on: December 12, 2017, 09:29:29 am »

((EDIT: @Piecewise This is assuming you got significantly better. If not, feel free to disregard this nonsense. :) ))

While our glorious leader is away, time to keep pestering you with questions!

Such as: Can a single action (i.e. half of turn allotment, maybe after movement, or before) engage several targets in melee, provided they stand clustered enough (or are all touching the same tile from which the attacks originate, for example)?

Does such thing as a 'charge' exist under the current movement-and-action system? (I.e. maybe move and attack with just one action/half-turn, or gain a bonus on your subsequent melee roll, just - accommodating for the gained momentum and its use in melee combat.)

How does riding work, actions-wise? I guess most of the time the mount is not an actor, and thus his movement and maybe attacks are abstracted into rider's own, but what if a PC was riding another PC (polymorphed, or just strong enough to play pretend-cavalry :P )?

Also, what about move-by actions? Rider's attack in the middle of mount's movement is just one common example (e.g. think jousting), but a dextrous thief might try snatching a purse while running past the mark, etc.

(( This is why DnD games generally have shitty mounted combat rules, btw, in case anyone wondered. They traditionally use a very similar movement-action framework. ))
Maybe...depends on what you're doing. For instance, an "explode around" or "Blast wave" spell would hit several people. Some melee weapons if they're extremely large (ie the sort of things inhuman enemies would weild) can hit multiple people on adjacent tiles. But Each tile is like 5-10 feet wide depending on the scale of the map so unless your sword is 10 feet long, probably not.

I had an enemy tackle a character and then attack him with a sword in the same turn so yeah, players doing it would be ok. Damage is all pretty abstracted and subjective but if you charge a man with your sword and hit him well, it might do more damage than if you just swung.

If someone were to get onto an animal, then they would move the number of spaces that the animal would normally move (assuming they're not weighing it down horribly) and both they and the animal could attack. However the rider wouldn't be able to move unless they got off the animal.

Movement action movement is fine, but with one caveat: If the action fails, you might get stopped or diverted.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: December 12, 2017, 09:57:16 am »

(( Great, and makes a lot of sense! ))
Past Sigs
Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:53 am »

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

((Woo!  Go, bird masks!

Current plan is to just murder everyone.  We're outnumbered eight-to-one, but we have the high ground... plus better armor, better weapons, plenty of ammo, and infinite healing.  As a supplementary tactic, we might be able to drain one of the top pools onto the lower people, though that'll deprive us of some of the loot.  We just don't really need it, at this point.

I highly recommend everyone ensures that they stay away from the edges of the pits.  Unarmed workers might not be very lethal normally, but if they can push you into a pit you'll die to one unlucky roll.

I'm assuming that seven of Sarge's twenty free rounds were distributed to Corven & Abu each, with the other six going to Absentee Pestis.))

Piecewise, could we possibly drain the large pit on the first level onto the lower levels?  Either by detonating/destroying the ground around the southern catwalk, or by enchanting the ground with cylinder?  I'm not sure how much of an incline there is, or how deep the acid is, so I'm unsure whether we need to blast away only five feet of dirt, or thirty.

As for Corven's action, he's going to stand up in the open (though away from the pit), and announce to the nearby workers that this location is now under the control of Roncal-thol Rotheleaod, and they should all cease their work and leave, immediately.  Warn that anyone who disobeys will be shot (though Corven won't do any shooting yet).

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: December 12, 2017, 10:32:09 am »

Action ...  re-finalized.

((Well, I thought it would be useful to others as well, rules-specifics-wise, so I intentionally kept it public. I can remove it if you guys would rather not see such stuff here, of course.))
((I just feel like you are really pushing for a return to Hephaestus, and that doesn't seem in the spirit of this game, nor something that PW would enjoy. Plus, that kind of crap is something your team members are known for, whereas the rest of us are not, meaning that the nitpicking and exploring every detail of game mechanical minutia would heavily favor your gang over others, while clogging this thread with walls of text and forcing PW to take time and energy away from making fun gameplay for answering questions based on questions based on answers he has already forgotten, based on questions about answers that are half forgotten even by the asker.

And i am at least the second person to ask you to stop, so ...))
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 12:10:28 pm by Ozarck »

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
  • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: December 12, 2017, 10:41:34 am »

((He just wants a chance to put his dick into an elder xeno god again, can't blame him for that. After all, once you go eldritch you're forever its bitch.))

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
Quote from: you know who you are
21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: December 12, 2017, 10:47:29 am »

Move along the edges of the area, towards the man on the far left.  Attack that man if Sabrephant begins the bloodletting.

Rautherdir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: December 12, 2017, 12:06:41 pm »

Shadow Alliance

Cast (Aura, Fire) on the Biometal cat.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: December 12, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »

((There are two biometal cats in play, Rau. Please indicate which one, so PW doesn't have to guess. Also ... goddarn it, I've already edited my action like three times. time to do so again))

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: What do you mean, don't murder?
« Reply #775 on: December 12, 2017, 02:15:51 pm »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Scavenge some leather for future use for bandages and whatnot. After that I'm done for REAL

((Do I get to +d2 yet? or wait))
You grab some leather strips.

And yes, lets call this done.

Level yourselves up and your words are the following
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

By the way, your group have a logo for the map?

Spoiler: Stuff (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
You grab the stuff but your spells don't carry over between fights so that spell would be useless.

Also loot some 10-20 bullets.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
Done

Where to next on the murder tour?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #776 on: December 12, 2017, 03:00:44 pm »

You manage to transform his head into a clockwork automaton head. It is very messily attached to the body.

Great! Now activate the clockwork head (I'm hoping there's something to wind it up, like a toy), stand well back, and observe.

Spoiler: Abu Hajaar (click to show/hide)
You wind up the big brass key on the back of the head and let it go. The mouth opens and closes rapidly and with surprising force, gnashing the metal teeth at high speed. His body vibrates around with the force of it.

"So what, we're just messing these guys up? Maybe we should make a big show of firepower and then demand surrender?"

Stick them bullets in that there explosive rifle. Because you never told me how big it's magazine is, I'm just gonna shove all 60 in there somehow.
Get cover, if possible.
Take careful aim at the most dangerous looking enemy, but don't shoot yet.

Again, what are the people here armed with?
Are the pits shallow enough that I could reach down and touch it from the edge?

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
6 bullets ya goose.

Closest you can get to cover is to throw yourself down behind the pile of bodies near by. So you do that. It is...rather unpleasant.

As per the arms people have here, most have tools, big poles with sharp looking hooks on the end, but none seem to be armed with traditional weapons.

The pits are like large lakes of chemicals, the surface of the fluid is only a few inches down from the edge of the mud around them.

Roncal Roth Numbered Map Link, Legend

((Woo!  Go, bird masks!

Current plan is to just murder everyone.  We're outnumbered eight-to-one, but we have the high ground... plus better armor, better weapons, plenty of ammo, and infinite healing.  As a supplementary tactic, we might be able to drain one of the top pools onto the lower people, though that'll deprive us of some of the loot.  We just don't really need it, at this point.

I highly recommend everyone ensures that they stay away from the edges of the pits.  Unarmed workers might not be very lethal normally, but if they can push you into a pit you'll die to one unlucky roll.

I'm assuming that seven of Sarge's twenty free rounds were distributed to Corven & Abu each, with the other six going to Absentee Pestis.))

Piecewise, could we possibly drain the large pit on the first level onto the lower levels?  Either by detonating/destroying the ground around the southern catwalk, or by enchanting the ground with cylinder?  I'm not sure how much of an incline there is, or how deep the acid is, so I'm unsure whether we need to blast away only five feet of dirt, or thirty.

As for Corven's action, he's going to stand up in the open (though away from the pit), and announce to the nearby workers that this location is now under the control of Roncal-thol Rotheleaod, and they should all cease their work and leave, immediately.  Warn that anyone who disobeys will be shot (though Corven won't do any shooting yet).

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Of course, as long as you somehow form a channel or opening that lets it pour down, it will pour down.  The incline is fairly steep, about 30 degrees, and each pit of chemicals is about 30 or 40 feet deep in the center and rapidly climbs up around the edges.

You stand up atop the pile of bodies and announce to everyone near by that this area is under your control and everyone that doesn't leave right now is getting shot. Not everyone in the area hears you, but the people nearest you do.  They look at you  and are silent and unmoving, apparently considering what you said and maybe not quite sure what to do. But they're not dropping those hooks either.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: December 12, 2017, 03:10:24 pm »

"WE MEAN IT DOPES!"

Shoot nearest one.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
  • ~_~
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: December 12, 2017, 03:34:51 pm »

Spoiler: Response to Ozarck (click to show/hide)

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

Silently attack the second nearest one and cut off his head. Present it to others, throw away to lower levels (for psychological effect, not targeting anything in particular).

Past Sigs

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Room for 1 more gang!
« Reply #779 on: December 12, 2017, 03:47:53 pm »

Does the biometal monsterous feline have a bladed tail this time?
You know, it'd be easier to point out parts of it that AREN'T sharp rather than the parts that are.

Step out onto the closest rib and get a look down into our fleshpit.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
You look down into the flesh pit onto the level below. This is what you see

Oh and I rolled for your kitty and you control it.

Move along the edges of the area, towards the man on the far left.  Attack that man if Sabrephant begins the bloodletting.
Nice sheet.

You slink over as near to the man on the left as possible.

Shadow Alliance

Cast (Aura, Fire) on the Biometal cat.

Spoiler: Shade (click to show/hide)
[6] An aura of flames completely engulfs the giant biometal creature as though immolating it.  You can't see anything other than this blinding ball of intense heat in the vague shape of that creature. However, the creature does not seem to be taking any damage from it. Though the ground is burning black and bleeding.

The aura will last 4 rounds, starting next round.

Shade, His kitty, and Chu and His kitty are noticed by the beings around them. Really, I mean, considering the giant fireball, it would be hard not to notice them. Dev, however, has not yet been noticed.

The more normal looking men near the group begin to scatter, running for the far south side of the pit. The Goat man on the middle rib unfolds himself, limbs flowing in spasmotic muscle twitches as it stands. From the depths of both fields of babyfruit two other goat man stand up. They all scream a strange bleating cry and begin running for the two exposed part members. The one on the ribs leaps between the ribs, covering an impossible distance in a few bounds while the ones on the ground charge in on all fours. One makes it right up into Chu's face.

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 114