Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 114

Author Topic: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: Pretty Kitty Simulator  (Read 216444 times)

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Chalice: Wizard Gang Wars: The Return of Murder
« Reply #975 on: January 17, 2018, 04:23:28 am »

Shadow Alliance.

Give those goat men a hard look right back.  If they look like they're going to try anything, sword them as best I can.

Spoiler: Deck (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Thag Simmons (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:28:39 am by Devastator »

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: January 17, 2018, 05:51:45 am »

Roncal Roth Map Legend

A small black bird lands directly between Abu and Kay just as their argument is heating up, and a moment later it suddenly starts expanding until it has turned into the presumably naked form of Roncal Roth's leader.  He immediately begins shouting angrily.

"Raven, timeout.  Wall!  As for you two, there ain't any communism here, OR any monarchy!  This gang is a straight up dictatorship, and it will be until we overthrow that king and replace his reign with a proper and safe government!  You hear me?  At least pretend that you're more mature than a little girl who's obsessed with birds!"

Corven will interpose himself between Abu and Kay as soon as they start yelling, so that he can body block their attacks when they actually throw them.  As his action, he'll enchant the ground with "wall" and try to form a little wall around Raven, putting her in timeout (and protecting her from reprisal).

And then he'll shout at his team until they either get in line or murder him.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
      • View Profile
    « Reply #977 on: January 17, 2018, 06:52:53 am »

Cast {Explosive Thermate Ammunition}, distribute.

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
    • ah ah ah oooh yeah
      • View Profile
    « Reply #978 on: January 17, 2018, 08:24:25 am »

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Wait five minutes then head inconspicuously back out onto the 1st floor.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
    • ~_~
      • View Profile
    « Reply #979 on: January 17, 2018, 09:18:21 am »

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

For a moment, Kay stood taken aback by Corven's transformation from a crow to a human, but then he quickly bowed his head and lowered his weapon.

"As you wish, Your Crowness. I officially recognize your claim to corvidity; may you reign supreme over us all. I obey."

"I am sorry, Lady Feathra, I've always supported your claim to leadership, but your father has just aptly demonstrated his outstanding corvidity and asserted thus his divine right to rule this gang as he sees fit, and I swore an oath of allegiance to this gang and its raveny ideals; I cannot go against him."

Obey Corven. Hail Corven as the true gang leader for the first time (in-character)!

Past Sigs
    Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Nikitian

• Bay Watcher
    • ~_~
      • View Profile
    « Reply #980 on: January 17, 2018, 11:15:43 am »

Spoiler: Gang discussion (click to show/hide)
    ((Sorry for double-post, but I thought against editing it in.))
    Past Sigs
    Nikitian kneels in front of his computer, fresh lamb's blood on his hands, and prays to the dark powers for answers about armor thickness.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
      • View Profile
    « Reply #981 on: January 17, 2018, 04:52:26 pm »

"Whoa, hey now private! Easy now!"

Sarge rushes in to grab Abu and hold him back.

"Like the nice Iowa poultry guy said, we're in a good old fashioned dictatorship here! Just like the army, see?"

Rush in to grab Abu and drag him away before he does anything stupid.

Also, I spend a levelup on speed d6->d8

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • Are you a duelist?
      • View Profile
    « Reply #982 on: January 17, 2018, 05:08:08 pm »

Spoiler: gang (click to show/hide)

"!"

Raven is stunned into inaction by the sudden appearance of her father.

Spoiler: Raven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Radio Controlled

• Bay Watcher
    • Morals? Ethics? Conscience? HA!
      • View Profile
    « Reply #983 on: January 18, 2018, 10:40:06 am »

"Like the nice Iowa poultry guy said, we're in a good old fashioned dictatorship here! Just like the army, see?"

"But Sarge, this isn't about that, I know how the military works. Didn't you hear what he just said? He literally said he hates freedom and liberty! He hates democracy! How can you stand there and listen to that after all you said you stand for? Did that mean nothing to you? Was that all just empty words for you, Sarge?"

"Raven, timeout.  Wall!  As for you two, there ain't any communism here, OR any monarchy!  This gang is a straight up dictatorship, and it will be until we overthrow that king and replace his reign with a proper and safe government!  You hear me?  At least pretend that you're more mature than a little girl who's obsessed with birds!"

"What? What are you even saying you old coot, that doesn't make any sense. We're not arguing over who gets the last lollipop here, this is about the most important question we could ask ourselves: what the hell are we fighting for? Is it to free the men and women of this ridiculous nation from the arbitrary whims of a petty tyrant and bring freedom and justice for all, or to just install our own flavor of more of the same?

When we joined this club instead of another it was because of its symbol. What else could better represent a fundamental desire for freedom? A bird shouldn't be caged, enslaved by dictators who think they're his better. It should fly, wild and free on wings of liberty!"

Those endless sermons they had drilled into the recruits in case they ever had to convince a commie to switch sides had sure paid off, Abu thought. He didn't know what half of it meant, but it sure sounded impressive!

Spoiler: gang stuff I guess (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:56:13 am by Radio Controlled »

Einsteinian Roulette Wiki
    Quote from: you know who you are
    21:26   <XYZ>: I know nothing about this, but I have strong opinions about it.
    Fucking hell, you guys are worse than the demons.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
      • View Profile
    « Reply #984 on: January 18, 2018, 11:46:01 am »

"Son, I do mean every word I say, but I think you've misunderstood part of what we're about. Yes, we're all for freedom and liberty. But mostly we're for bringing freedom and liberty to other people so that they are free and at liberty to hand over their natural oil to us. When it comes to us, we've got freedom and liberty until someone up the chain of command tells us we don't anymore. Which just happened. That's the army for ya kid. Should'a read the fine print on the recruitment pamphlet.

And I wouldn't worry about that guy. Commies and freedom haters tend to die first. They're like shrapnel magnets, trust me."

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
    • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
      • View Profile
      • Stuff
    « Reply #985 on: January 18, 2018, 12:40:58 pm »

Could you please tell me which hexes we'd need to take over to get the following things (or alternatively, how many words we'd need to trade to get it):
    1) a lot of high quality metal
    2) a lot of silver
    3) spellsteel
    4) machine to produce thaum

1)Metal Refinery is a good place, especially combined with that mine.
    2) See above
    3) Alchemists
    4) Perhaps the Thaum Extractor?

We're the bird gang. THE BIRD GANG. WERE YOU EVEN PAYING ATTENTION?! WE'RE NOT GONNA MAKE A DUMB HUNK OF PATRIOTIC METAL, WE'RE GONNA MAKE A BIRDTITAN.

((How about we compromise and make Libirdy Prime then?
    Oh, and I volunteer to sit in the robot to impart a personality on it.))

That's a bummer. I don't suppose I could exchange some of the words I have or a few of those we just got to permanently change one of the regular rifles we've got to shoot grenades? Alternatively, a rifle grenade attachment for the rifle I'm using anyway?

If none of these are possible, surely someone is willing to trade for a box of regular old hand thrown grenades?

Well, they're willing to trade for fire bombs.

((It's more fun that way, anyway :P  And it certainly has been coming for a long time already. The epic imaginary alt-universe political showdown (of ultimate destiny)!.. ))

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

"Not Yet."

Dodge and cut off the rifle's barrel.

((I assume this all is happening post-mission, so we're at the talking distance, i.e. just standing a few feet apart from each other?

Also, @RC, I checked and it seems you've leveled-up already and refreshed the word list on hand? Just making sure things are fair; if you haven't, I'll go back to after-mission statline and words hand.))

Awareness to d10!
    Ok.

Roncal Roth Map Legend

A small black bird lands directly between Abu and Kay just as their argument is heating up, and a moment later it suddenly starts expanding until it has turned into the presumably naked form of Roncal Roth's leader.  He immediately begins shouting angrily.

Corven will interpose himself between Abu and Kay as soon as they start yelling, so that he can body block their attacks when they actually throw them.  As his action, he'll enchant the ground with "wall" and try to form a little wall around Raven, putting her in timeout (and protecting her from reprisal).

And then he'll shout at his team until they either get in line or murder him.

Spoiler: Corven Feathra (click to show/hide)

Roncal-thol Rotheleaod

For a moment, Kay stood taken aback by Corven's transformation from a crow to a human, but then he quickly bowed his head and lowered his weapon.

"As you wish, Your Crowness. I officially recognize your claim to corvidity; may you reign supreme over us all. I obey."

"I am sorry, Lady Feathra, I've always supported your claim to leadership, but your father has just aptly demonstrated his outstanding corvidity and asserted thus his divine right to rule this gang as he sees fit, and I swore an oath of allegiance to this gang and its raveny ideals; I cannot go against him."

Obey Corven. Hail Corven as the true gang leader for the first time (in-character)!

HAIL COBRA...CORVEN.

Also, I spend a levelup on speed d6->d8

LEVELED

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
      • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
        • View Profile
        • Stuff
      « Reply #986 on: January 18, 2018, 01:10:14 pm »

Cosa Nostra

In preparation of the fight, summon steel small-firearm. Then enchant my glass with bullet. Distribute bullets among anyone with a gun.

((If they build Liberty Prime we should counter by building Gypsy Danger. And maybe another jaeger, so the whole gang can fit))

Spoiler: Cyril Morris (click to show/hide)
      Spoiler: Deck/Inventory (click to show/hide)
      [6][4][4]

You summon a giant dirty harry style revolver and transform your glass into 30 glass bullets.

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)
      Spoiler: Vencarlo Barvasi (click to show/hide)
      Spoiler: Gang (click to show/hide)
      [2]
      Instead of ammunition you get an oversized steel axe. It has several holes along the blade and a trigger on the handle.

Cast {Explosive Thermate Ammunition}, distribute.

Spoiler: Dropshot (click to show/hide)
      [1]
      Your mug of booze glows brightly and a bright red short bow materializes inside it, embedded in it like some soft of horrible teleporter accident.

Spoiler: Big Poppa (click to show/hide)

Wait five minutes then head inconspicuously back out onto the 1st floor.
      You head back to the elevator but wait.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
      • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
        • View Profile
        • Stuff
      « Reply #987 on: January 18, 2018, 01:59:40 pm »

[rain down][fire][fire][stone] at the heart.

((I could probably hit the heart form this level with ease. Getting out of here will be harder from the bottom than from level 3.))

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
      [10]
      You point into the air above the heart and summon up your spell. The air above you is torn asunder and a portal to space opens up with a sucking roar. And then a meteor the size of a small car roars through and hits the air. There's a blinding flash as the air is compressed and temperature rises by 100 degrees in an instant. And then, some milisecond later, the meteor hits.
      [4v14]
      [4v13]
      [3v8]

Shadow Alliance.

Give those goat men a hard look right back.  If they look like they're going to try anything, sword them as best I can.

[7v9]

The Giant cat absorbs some of the blast and heat, but not all of it. The impact of the meteor is like a bomb blast and most of the gang is a mere 15 or so feet away from it.  Chu and Shade, along with the entire bloody contents of the bottom of the pit are swallowed up in a fireball and spewed up as impact debris. Most of the rest of the pit is scorched and everyone is thrown back or up by the pressure wave.  Thag finds himself on the upper most level again, with a bone shard the size of a short sword lodged in his left leg and his right shoulder dislocated. If Chu or Shade is alive, he can't see them and they're not conscious to say anything. All he can see is smoke, dust,  and scattered bits of burning meat raining down from the sky.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
        • View Profile
      « Reply #988 on: January 18, 2018, 02:07:12 pm »

Hobble around and see if anything can be done for my teammates and myself.

(I take it that cleared out any opposition?)

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
      • DiceBane
        • View Profile
      « Reply #989 on: January 18, 2018, 08:04:57 pm »

That was slightly more energetic than I had expected.

Standard "Hope I didn't die, attempt to regain consciousness" action. Idly wonder what happened to DOAS in the explosion, and what the misfired spell on him ended up doing.

Spoiler: Chu Sana'me (click to show/hide)
      « Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 08:24:16 pm by Ozarck »
      Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 114