Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: AU Mission 1 [Turn 13: Diplomatic Solutions]  (Read 21939 times)

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 3: Banana Peels]
« Reply #30 on: September 16, 2017, 10:22:38 pm »

((would um....Light work? I think it would be fitting enough.))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2017, 10:29:31 pm »

((would um....Light work? I think it would be fitting enough.))
I'm guessing you mean "holy light" as in glowing shields of solid force, not "visible light" as in making things sparkle.

Which sort of highlights a problem/quirk of the current system, in that things you can't find on the ground don't make good elements. Which is unfortunate for iconic but esoteric things like life-sapping necrotic energy or purple mage-force.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2017, 10:34:31 pm »

((Well I mean light in general. As in I can draw power from any light source? With enough effort manipulating the properties of light and making it solid and the like? Really I would just like something slightly cool/Fitting.  Would that work? We should probably take this to pms and not clog up the thread though))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2017, 10:41:13 pm »

"Sorry about bumping into you, I was in a rush to get up. I'm Ryan. Call me B-"

Before Blu can finish this rather awkward introduction, the other man was already on his way into the building.

"Hey wait a second! Let's go together, better odds."

Follow behind Nix, eyes peeled for any threats
InB4 you have to fight each other to the death in order to escape the castle/survive another day/hour/time unit.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2017, 03:10:19 am »

Brian attempts to anchor himself with a climbing spike, or failing that just hold on.

"Could somebody lend me a hand here? Please? I can't hold on much longer... remember what I said about teamwork?"

If he is rescued, Brian tries to coordinate people's efforts so they are at least cumulative, rather than in parallel.
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2017, 09:45:15 am »

Oh dear.

Quickly removing myself from the gravel, I go to the aid of Brian, drawing more stone magic from the ground and using it to extend a rock ledge below his feet, the larger the better.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2017, 01:28:30 pm »

Have another go at the staircase-construction business.

((Is there an action limit, by any chance?))
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2017, 01:31:02 pm »

Uh, so guys, it turns out that World 12 was the elemental plane of disease or something, and that all that gunk that was there was viruses or something. You might not want to use the teleporter for a few turns.

Also, nobody should head to World 9 for a bit either- voliol might not get my warning post and pm in time, and he's planning to teleport there next turn.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 01:33:44 pm by ATHATH »
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2017, 07:27:45 pm »

Turn 4: Futility

Nix turns around, glancing at the new figure. "Greetings fellow explorer. I'll go first. Pay attention. If this thing kills me, I wish you better luck."

Answer the voice's challenge, enter the structure.
"Sorry about bumping into you, I was in a rush to get up. I'm Ryan. Call me B-"

Before Blu can finish this rather awkward introduction, the other man was already on his way into the building.

"Hey wait a second! Let's go together, better odds."

Follow behind Nix, eyes peeled for any threats
The two of you stroll boldly into the dark foreboding castle.

The first thing you notice is that it's actually very dry. When you're being rained on constantly and worried about whether something is about to eviscerate you, it's easy to forget that the natural state of things is being dry. So that's nice.

The next is that the rather large stone room you're in is lit by torches and ominous metal chandeliers, and there are a bunch of creepy robed cultists standing around the edges.

"LET THE CHALLENGE BEGIN!"

With that, several of the robed figures bare their fists and charge at you. Ominous clanking sounds start ratcheting up, though you don't see any immediate source or change.

x8 Mook Cultists engaged!

Oh dear.

Quickly removing myself from the gravel, I go to the aid of Brian, drawing more stone magic from the ground and using it to extend a rock ledge below his feet, the larger the better.
[4] You shove a chunk of the stone he's gripping out under his feet. How depressingly competent.

+1 Stone Magic

Brian attempts to anchor himself with a climbing spike, or failing that just hold on.

"Could somebody lend me a hand here? Please? I can't hold on much longer... remember what I said about teamwork?"

If he is rescued, Brian tries to coordinate people's efforts so they are at least cumulative, rather than in parallel.
[5] With a platform to rely on, it's simple to haul yourself back up.

You're not too sure where to begin coordinating this pack of jackasses, though. Half of them are dashing for the top, the other are trying to carve their way to the bottom.

+2 Climbing
Now +2 Climber

Have another go at the staircase-construction business.

((Is there an action limit, by any chance?))
((Minor actions are alright, but otherwise letting people perform multiple actions a round results in triple the workload at best and 100-step build-a-whole-settlement-at-once actions from everyone every time at worst.))

[4] You extend it down another story. Two down, uh... you have no idea how to count this yawning chasm, but a lot more to go. A lot more. This would probably be a megaproject for a whole settlement, come to think of it.

+1 Stone Magic
Now +2 Stone Mage

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 4: Futility]
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2017, 07:31:56 pm »

I Attempt to produce a railing around the platform.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2017, 07:38:21 pm »

"Out of the pan and into the fire. Typical"

Bash nearest cultist with the club

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2017, 07:47:02 pm »

"Out of the pan and into the fire. Typical"

Bash nearest cultist with the club
Keep in mind that you have skill in Air Magic, now. You could probably just cast a flight spell on yourself, float up until you're out of the cultists' reach, then pelt them with ranged attacks until you win the fight.

Also, why does Brian Keens still have the [Slipping] condition? Wasn't he rescued this turn?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2017, 07:58:41 pm »

Oops, yes. Forgot to remove it.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2017, 08:50:00 pm »

"Very apropos choice of words, Ryan."

Throw fireballs at the mooks.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2017, 09:04:52 pm »

Karen draws magic from the air and uses it to lighten her body significantly, then climbs the mountain to the tower; if still possible, she enters and observes the state of her allies.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9