Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: AU Mission 1 [Turn 13: Diplomatic Solutions]  (Read 21932 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 4: Futility]
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:04 pm »

"Very apropos choice of words, Ryan."

Throw fireballs at the mooks.
( +1 for excellent punomancy )

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2017, 11:01:22 am »

Brian's near-death experience has given him some ideas.

"People. Climbing and large contruction are clearly not the way forward. We need something less dangerous than climbing, but faster and easier than changing the landscape. I suggest ROPE LADDERS AND BRIDGES, if we can get hold of rope and have some way to anchor it."

Brian then drives the first climbing spike into the rock by the platform. He tries to get Karen's rope before she leaves, in order to tie it to the spike, providing a safer and fast way down the spike the platform is on.
One wheel short of a wagon

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 19, 2017, 09:35:31 pm »

"People. Climbing and large contruction are clearly not the way forward. We need something less dangerous than climbing, but faster and easier than changing the landscape. I suggest ROPE LADDERS AND BRIDGES, if we can get hold of rope and have some way to anchor it."

Brian then drives the first climbing spike into the rock by the platform. He tries to get Karen's rope before she leaves, in order to tie it to the spike, providing a safer and fast way down the spike the platform is on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xZ73p-ObYM
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 20, 2017, 10:17:49 pm »

Turn 5: Bruising

I Attempt to produce a railing around the platform.
[3] You produce a crude series of waist-high pillars that should help people not fall off.

+1 Stone Magic

"Out of the pan and into the fire. Typical"

Bash nearest cultist with the club
[6] You step into a truly exceptional swing, bashing a cultist against another cultist and sending both flying against the wall.

Unfortunately you stumble a bit after the fact, right into the source of the clanking: The chandeliers come down in a slamming motion. They are both made of metal and slightly on fire, which is unpleasant.

+2 Clubs
Now +2 Clubsman
-1 HP, now [Burn-Bashed]
-2 Cultists, now 6/8 Cultists

"Very apropos choice of words, Ryan."

Throw fireballs at the mooks.
[2] Your timing is slightly off, and the fire sort of slips away rather than coalescing into a flurry of death.

[4] The mooks converge on the enemy that isn't currently squished under a chandelier, and give you a savage beating from all sides.

-1 HP, now [Seeing Stars]

Karen draws magic from the air and uses it to lighten her body significantly, then climbs the mountain to the tower; if still possible, she enters and observes the state of her allies.
[5] You lighten yourself up, and then leap gracefully up the mountain.

Upon entering the castle, you notice one of your allies worming his way out from under a flaming chandelier while another is being beaten by a circle of robed figures.

"A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS," a voice hiss-booms from everywhere, as far as you can tell. "Choose your fate!"

+2 Air Magic

[6] vs [5] You grab Karen by the waist, stare into her eyes, and declare your undying love for her while gently pickpocketing her rope. Karen swoons, admits she's always known, and runs off to prepare the wedding, while gently stealing her rope back.

Damn it.

[5] You pound the spike in well enough, though it's becoming readily apparent that quasi-ceramic is not a great climbing piton material.

+2 Seduction
Now +2 Seducer

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Well I mean light in general. As in I can draw power from any light source? With enough effort manipulating the properties of light and making it solid and the like? Really I would just like something slightly cool/Fitting.  Would that work? We should probably take this to pms and not clog up the thread though))
Having thought about it a bunch I'm just going to allow this. I suspect energy elements will be somewhat harder to use for noncombat uses anyway.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 5: Bruising]
« Reply #49 on: September 20, 2017, 11:35:48 pm »

Use this success as a sign. Proceed to bash nearest cultist with the club, again.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2017, 12:11:07 am »

Cast a Cloak of Flame around myself to damage those currently in physical contact with me.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2017, 01:01:20 am »

((okay. So Light manipulation is a go correct?))
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2017, 01:04:11 am »

Yes.
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

AbstractTraitorHero

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm still alive, how fortunate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2017, 01:10:33 am »

Okay. Suzume after some....seemingly....seizing? Shivering? Moving slightly? Seems to come to her senses. A slight glow coming to her being ever so slightly as she focused and breathed. Raising her hands up to the sky like she just didn't care! The rain pelting her face she closed her eyes and furrowed her brow after moving about the platform to an optimal spot if this one wasn't very good.

Okay. Let's try to look at the platform and move to an area away from the edge that gets the most light. Gather up this energy and try to project it into a small barrier above myself and the platform to keep it dry. it should Move when a person or animal trys to go through it but something as weak/Not as big in mass as rain shouldn't be able to penetrate it. At least that was what they were trying. To gather light and make it solid hopefully there would be enough light and hopefully, it wouldn't be.....too draining.
((I just facepalmed so hard I have a concussion))
Rip Abigail South Death by Drop pod my avatar is now morbid.

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2017, 09:31:39 am »

Karen's heart was dancing. Brian was such a charmer. Even though they'd just met...!

But for now, she must deal with what was unfolding in front of her.

"I choose a victory most sweet, where none perish."

She dashes over to the chandelier and extracts the "metal" from the chandelier. She then moves towards the cluster of mooks around Nix, and sends metal chains flowing all around them, hoping to restrain them all together. It it would help, she would extract some kind of "binding" Mana from her rope and infuse it into the chains.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 09:37:06 am by Coolrune206 »
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 22, 2017, 05:45:31 pm »

Turn 6: Brutality

Use this success as a sign. Proceed to bash nearest cultist with the club, again.
[2] You worm your way out from under the chandelier and run screaming at one of the mooks like a mook. It's not terribly surprising when he flips you into the Beatin' Pit instead.

Cast a Cloak of Flame around myself to damage those currently in physical contact with me.
[1] Predictably, you light yourself on fire.

-1 HP
Now [On Fire]

[4] The cultists decide to beat the thing that isn't on fire. Blu feels very loved.

Blu: -1 HP, now [Savagely Beaten]

Okay. Suzume after some....seemingly....seizing? Shivering? Moving slightly? Seems to come to her senses. A slight glow coming to her being ever so slightly as she focused and breathed. Raising her hands up to the sky like she just didn't care! The rain pelting her face she closed her eyes and furrowed her brow after moving about the platform to an optimal spot if this one wasn't very good.

Okay. Let's try to look at the platform and move to an area away from the edge that gets the most light. Gather up this energy and try to project it into a small barrier above myself and the platform to keep it dry. it should Move when a person or animal trys to go through it but something as weak/Not as big in mass as rain shouldn't be able to penetrate it. At least that was what they were trying. To gather light and make it solid hopefully there would be enough light and hopefully, it wouldn't be.....too draining.
[3] You create a curtain of light over the center of the platform, but it's not solid enough to stop all of the rain. It does, fortunately, gently illuminate the platform, which is better than waiting for lightning strikes as far as local vision goes.

+1 Light Magic

Karen's heart was dancing. Brian was such a charmer. Even though they'd just met...!

But for now, she must deal with what was unfolding in front of her.

"I choose a victory most sweet, where none perish."

She dashes over to the chandelier and extracts the "metal" from the chandelier. She then moves towards the cluster of mooks around Nix, and sends metal chains flowing all around them, hoping to restrain them all together. It it would help, she would extract some kind of "binding" Mana from her rope and infuse it into the chains.
You try to instashuck mana from the chandelier, normally an obnoxiously slow process, and are appropriately disappointed with the results. You then try to manifest your mana reserves into physical manifestations of the material, which tends to go better with energy elements or long rituals.

[2] Nonetheless, you give it a shot. Spectral chains manifest for a moment, but your swing is wide and they dissipate from lack of focus.

"BLASPHEMY," the voice echoes ominously. You think you hear horns echoing from the walls.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 6: Brutality]
« Reply #56 on: September 22, 2017, 05:57:43 pm »

Hmm...

Instead, try to draw fire mana from the inferno that is the chandelier, and dodge any attacks from mooks. If I have enough Mana by the end of the turn, try to sling a lob of fire at a mook.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 22, 2017, 06:18:02 pm »

Focus, manipulate flame outwards, towards ONLY the cultists.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 22, 2017, 06:25:38 pm »

Pillar up near the center of the platform.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2017, 07:19:25 pm »

Try to initiate hammer time on the mooks, again
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9