Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: AU Mission 1 [Turn 13: Diplomatic Solutions]  (Read 21931 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 6: Brutality]
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2017, 08:44:07 pm »

Fly over to the castle. Does it have a roof?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2017, 08:47:32 pm »

Walk to the castle.

Get flown to the castle.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 05:18:50 am by Nirur Torir »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2017, 02:46:57 am »

"Oh good lord. This is going oh so wrong."

Brian gets to the castle any way he can, perhaps using player constructions and climbing spikes. He then has a good look at it.

If someone competent offers to fly him, he accepts.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2017, 03:30:23 am by NJW2000 »
One wheel short of a wagon

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2017, 02:49:03 am »

Brian gets to the castle any way he can, perhaps using player constructions and climbing spikes. He then has a good look at it.
Walk to the castle.
Offer to cast Fly on these guys. If they accept, do so.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 24, 2017, 01:17:07 am »

Turn 7: Slapfight

Hmm...

Instead, try to draw fire mana from the inferno that is the chandelier, and dodge any attacks from mooks. If I have enough Mana by the end of the turn, try to sling a lob of fire at a mook.
[3] You pull in and release fire across the cultists. It's not terribly strong, though.

+1 Fire Magic
Now +2 Fire Mage
-1 Cultists

Focus, manipulate flame outwards, towards ONLY the cultists.
[5] Miraculously, you manage to force your fire off of yourself and onto the cultists, without hitting your allies!

+2 Fire Magic
-1 Cultists
Still on fire, though

Pillar up near the center of the platform.
[3] You raise a lump of rock near the middle of the platform.

+1 Earth Magic
Now +6 Earth Mage

Try to initiate hammer time on the mooks, again
[5] You expertly bludgeon them, and you do so in style!

+2 Clubs
Now +3 Clubsman
-1 Cultists

[2] The cultists attempt to punch you into your flaming friend, but you gracefully avoid them.

Then a door on the far wall opens and a rather vibrantly green robed figure strides through, arms outstretched in a come-at-me-bro gesture.

Fly over to the castle. Does it have a roof?
[2] You attempt to fly. It comes out as more of a flop onto the wet stone platform the others have apparently smoothed out here.

Walk to the castle.

Get flown to the castle.
[4] Stepping over the prone form of your "flying" comrade, you manage to get up to the castle the old-fashioned way. There's a closed metal door, and upon approaching it you think you hear ominous sounds.

+1 Climbing
Now +2 Climber

If someone competent offers to fly him, he accepts.

[6] With the keyword being "competent," you hurl yourself up the jagged slopes like a man possessed, collapsing to rest once you get to the top. A few minutes later a lazier comrade makes it up also, which makes you question the usefulness of your speed.

+2 Climbing
Now +3 Climber
Now [Sore]

Walk to the castle.
Offer to cast Fly on these guys. If they accept, do so.
From your position facedown in a shallow puddle, it occurs to you that you probably should have decided on one action or another, but with luck like this it's just as well.

A few more people arrive and, for the most part, immediately spring into action.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 7: Slapfight]
« Reply #65 on: September 24, 2017, 01:19:10 am »

Come at him, bro. With the club.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2017, 02:04:50 am »

HIGHER, THE LUMP MUST BECOME A PILLAR WHICH CAN BREACH THE HEAVENS.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 24, 2017, 03:43:17 am »

Have a real good look at the structure. What technology level are we talking about: what did they use to construct it?

If given the "Welcome to the arena" spiel, Brian will offer a deal, in which we capture gladiators and beasts from other worlds, in exchange for whatever they can offer us.
One wheel short of a wagon

Coolrune206

• Bay Watcher
  • Come on, just a taste of your soul?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 24, 2017, 07:15:58 am »

Karen simply continues the whole "fling fire at the mooks" deal. It may not be incredibly effective, but it's doing something.
"You are a shameful gaggle of cowards who has made a mockery of the challenge, but you have avoided death. Sit and eat."

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 24, 2017, 11:15:54 am »

I said fly, gosh darn it. Use Air Magic to assist my flight if necessary. Repeat my "check if the castle has a roof" action.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 24, 2017, 12:01:16 pm »

Sit down and try to sense for potted plants in the castle. I need a pet murderplant. No, trying for a murder-plant would drain all my mana whether or not I succeed.

Look for some sort of improvised weapon on my way to the sounds of battle.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 12:22:27 pm by Nirur Torir »

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 24, 2017, 01:22:32 pm »

Propel myself towards the castle, mumbling about these goshdarned dark areas and their lack of good old-fashioned lamps or even just some simple torches for God's sake.

Once at the castle, see if I can find any structural instabilities that could be exploited.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 24, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »

Turn 8: Flailing

Come at him, bro. With the club.
[5] You run over and slap him right upside his silly green hat. A collective "OOOOOOOOOOOH!" comes from the cultists.

[4+1] He spins his way back to his feet, slapping the everloving shit out of you. The "OOH!" is much sharper this time.

Green Man: -1 HP
You: -1 HP
+2 Clubsman
Now +4 Clubsman

HIGHER, THE LUMP MUST BECOME A PILLAR WHICH CAN BREACH THE HEAVENS.
[2] It refuses. ITS IS THE SLOTH THAT SHALL REFUSE THE HEAVENS!

Have a real good look at the structure. What technology level are we talking about: what did they use to construct it?

If given the "Welcome to the arena" spiel, Brian will offer a deal, in which we capture gladiators and beasts from other worlds, in exchange for whatever they can offer us.

[2] Uh... it's made of... rock? Like, bricks n shiet.

You remain unmolested, as you are outside the castle.

Karen simply continues the whole "fling fire at the mooks" deal. It may not be incredibly effective, but it's doing something.
[1] You sort of... fling fire at yourself. Wrap yourself in a fire cloak instead of rotating it around to hurl at the enemies, you know how it goes.

[5] The cultists hesitantly beat you, careful to punch the not-on-fire parts.

-2 HP
Now [On Fire]

I said fly, gosh darn it. Use Air Magic to assist my flight if necessary. Repeat my "check if the castle has a roof" action.
[2] You flop around like a hatchling. It is very undignified.

It also occurs to you that this rain is hell on your skin-goo. You'd better find shelter or something before you're soft-flayed.

Sit down and try to sense for potted plants in the castle. I need a pet murderplant. No, trying for a murder-plant would drain all my mana whether or not I succeed.

Look for some sort of improvised weapon on my way to the sounds of battle.
[2] There are a lot of rocks out here.

The door opens to a bunch of people in robes hollering at some other people in robes beating and being beaten by a bunch of your buddies.

Propel myself towards the castle, mumbling about these goshdarned dark areas and their lack of good old-fashioned lamps or even just some simple torches for God's sake.

Once at the castle, see if I can find any structural instabilities that could be exploited.

[3] You clamber up to the castle. It's rough going, and you find you need a rest at the top.

Now [Tired]

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 8: Flailing]
« Reply #73 on: September 24, 2017, 05:13:01 pm »

Catch my breath. Scoot about in wheelchair looking for structural instabilities while doing so. Loudly complain about the lack of modern conveniences available.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 1 [Turn 8: Flailing]
« Reply #74 on: September 24, 2017, 05:13:13 pm »

Save Karen entering to melee range and bashing a cultist in the back of the head with my rock.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9