Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: AU Mission 2 [Turn 11: Nothing Was Learned]  (Read 5086 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Mission Complete]
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2017, 10:55:42 pm »

Turn 0: Going In Blind

You appear in a flash of light, which only briefly illuminates what looks like a cave.

Then it's completely dark. Hum. The air feels warm and moist, and the ground feels like wet stone, but you can't see a thing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 0: Going In Blind]
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2017, 09:51:27 am »

Feel about for the room in search of anything flammable. If any such flammable items are found, set them alight.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 0: Going In Blind]
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2017, 07:26:08 pm »

Turn 1: Sort Of

Feel about for the room in search of anything flammable. If any such flammable items are found, set them alight.
[4] You paw around, finding some soft fronds. They're pretty moist, and your attempts at igniting them go poorly. You get a low smoldering light out of it, but you're pretty sure it's not going to help you see anything until its slavering jaws are reaching for your face.

+1 Herbalism
Now +2 Herbalist

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 1: Sort Of]
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2017, 10:36:30 pm »

Welp, can't do much if I can't see. Return to the portal and go back through. Bring the torch with me.
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 1: Sort Of]
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2017, 05:15:19 pm »

Mission Complete

Another successful operation! Sort of. You found a burning bundle of plants?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2017, 07:41:35 pm »

Sense for bugs in the darkness.  If I find any, use bug magic to turn them into fireflies.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 08:02:36 pm »

This was for Worlds 12 and 9, you want World 8.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 08:20:06 pm »

Aw crap, I might World 9 the tomb world, not world 8. Sorry about that.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 09:44:49 pm »

Turn 1: Shiny

Sense for bugs in the darkness.  If I find any, use bug magic to turn them into fireflies.
[6] You sense a brilliant flash of overwhelming force and pass out.

[4] You wake up on a bed of soft things, ominous sounds echoing faintly around you. Several glowing lights bob nearby.

+2 Bug Magic

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 1: Shiny]
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2017, 11:35:41 pm »

Examine my surrounds now that it's been light up.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 1: Shiny]
« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2017, 11:50:26 pm »

Turn 2: Interpretation

Examine my surrounds now that it's been light up.
[5] The glowing lights don't actually illuminate anything, but you investigate them anyway. They respond with horrifying gurgling noises and latching onto you with prickly tentacles, guiding you to... something. You can't actually see what it is, but it feels like stone.

+2 Diplomacy
Now +2 Diplomat

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 2: Interpretation]
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2017, 07:12:44 am »

Okay... Lets grab the stone and examine it then.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 2: Interpretation]
« Reply #27 on: September 24, 2017, 01:21:12 am »

Turn 3: Warmer

Okay... Lets grab the stone and examine it then.
[5] It's big, you think an altar of some kind, and strangely shaped. You'd almost think it's a well, since there's a hole in the middle reaching down further than your arms can reach, but it also goes up in weird tines or panes of some kind.

It resonates with your bug magic, but tangentially; if you had to guess, it's designed to channel or interact with a related magic in some fashion.

+2 Bug Magic

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 3: Warmer]
« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2017, 11:35:48 am »

Tune my ears to the bug's chittering.  See if I can understand what they're saying.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 3: Warmer]
« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2017, 04:28:11 pm »

Turn 4: Lost In Translation

[3] They don't sound like bug noises, exactly. Close, but not quite.

+1 Bug Magic
Now +6 Bug Mage

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4