Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: AU Mission 2 [Turn 11: Nothing Was Learned]  (Read 5163 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 4: Lost In Translation]
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 04:48:48 pm »

Yotta, you do realize that you're still [Mysteriously Ill], right?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 05:31:27 pm »

I do, but there no way in hell I'm going into a healing pod after it turned you into a horrific meat skeleton.

Call the glowing bugs to follow me, then head back to the chamber with the portal and eat some of my nutrigruel.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2017, 05:58:52 pm »

I do, but there no way in hell I'm going into a healing pod after it turned you into a horrific meat skeleton.

Call the glowing bugs to follow me, then head back to the chamber with the portal and eat some of my nutrigruel.
I rolled really poorly; the other guy just became tye-dye-colored, which is probably less bad than whatever that mysterious illness will do to you (or us if it spreads). Also, I'm pretty sure the bugs will become pretty PO'd that you broke their quarantine without their permission.

Then again, everything was solved forever... But then again again, my ability to non-magically fly is a part of "everything" and that apparently wasn't solved forever... Come to think of it, our "serving insectile overlords" problem wasn't solved forever either, although I suppose that some wouldn't see serving insectile overlords as a problem... Hey, I just noticed that I've been using a lot of ellipses in this paragraph...
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2017, 02:26:22 pm »

Turn 5: Curious

You try to call out to the bugs, but they don't respond like you wanted. They seem to move closer out of curiosity, but not answering the call.

You try to head back to the chamber but find yourself hopelessly lost in the dark.

You decide to eat some nutrigruel where you are, which further draws in the glowing lights. They lose interest not long after, perhaps realizing the gruel is on the bland side. You don't feel especially better or worse after the meal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 5: Curious]
« Reply #34 on: September 27, 2017, 04:00:00 pm »

Sense out for any other bugs than the glowing ones and try and drain mana from them.
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 5: Curious]
« Reply #35 on: September 27, 2017, 07:21:00 pm »

Turn 6: POWER OVERWHELMING

Sense out for any other bugs than the glowing ones and try and drain mana from them.
[6] You sense faint bug-signs in the distance, and attempt to drain their mana. It moves slowly, like molasses, but by the time you realize your mistake it's too late to stop it. A crushing avalanche of mana churns into you, your eyes and mouth expelling radiance as you're warped and frayed from within.

[2] You feel your flesh rupturing as the mana escapes, the frayed edges forming into writhing bugs as it does so.

[6] You manage to consume a good deal of the mana to prevent further harm. Of course, you consumed it by applying it to your own body.

[5] You manage to shunt a good deal out of yourself without unreasonable harm.

-3 HP
Now [Ragged Flesh][Bugborn]
[Mysteriously Ill] now [Infested]

+2 Bug Magic! Yaaaaaaaay!

The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 6: POWER OVERWHELMING]
« Reply #36 on: September 27, 2017, 07:50:50 pm »

Holy shit

Uh... Try and tranquilize my parasites to prevent any further damage.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 6: POWER OVERWHELMING]
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 03:23:05 pm »

Turn 7: Cooperation

Holy shit

Uh... Try and tranquilize my parasites to prevent any further damage.
[6] You sort of achieve a zen state of harmony with your parasites, which causes them to multiply and spread in peace. That's uh, sort of good and bad.

Now Harmonic Infestion rather than Infested
+2 Bug Magic

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 7: Cooperation]
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 03:54:37 pm »

Mutate some of my parasites so that they have bio-luminescence and try to find my way back to the portal.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 7: Cooperation]
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2017, 11:55:15 pm »

Turn 8: Absence

Mutate some of my parasites so that they have bio-luminescence and try to find my way back to the portal.
[1] You scream as your parasites grow spiky and vicious, literally devouring light. In its absence, they hunger for your warmth instead.

-1HP

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 8: Absence]
« Reply #40 on: October 06, 2017, 12:22:33 am »

MUTATE IT BACK, MUTATE IT BACK!

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 8: Absence]
« Reply #41 on: October 06, 2017, 12:30:42 am »

Turn 9: Recreational

MUTATE IT BACK, MUTATE IT BACK!
[4] You soften the bugs back up, tone down the spikiness and mellow out the ceaseless hunger for light and life. They still enjoy feasting upon light and look pretty sinister, though.

+1 Bug Magic
Parasites only eat light recreationally.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: AU Mission 2 [Turn 9: Recreational]
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2017, 11:54:08 am »

I wonder if having the [Bugborn] status means that you're close enough to being a bug that you can heal yourself with your bug magic... Having only 1/5 HP is not exactly the safest condition for you to be in right now.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2017, 02:43:00 pm »

I wonder if having the [Bugborn] status means that you're close enough to being a bug that you can heal yourself with your bug magic... Having only 1/5 HP is not exactly the safest condition for you to be in right now.

Might as try it, doesn't seem like there any better answers.

Use as much bug mana as need and heal my wounds.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2017, 02:07:58 pm »

Turn 10: Discount Healing

Might as try it, doesn't seem like there any better answers.

Use as much bug mana as need and heal my wounds.
[1] You channel your remaining bug mana into healing your wounds. Instead you begin to bubble and mutate, chitter and writhe, your flesh sloughing off into a swarm of bugs.

In short, you melt.

What's left when you're done is a single bug that, as far as you can tell, is you. The rest of your body chitters and pokes around nearby, as bugs are wont to do.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4