Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which Crafting system (As described on the tenth post of the 6th page)?

Modular
- 1 (20%)
Free-Form
- 4 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]  (Read 9885 times)

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nox LTD. [The Citadel Proper]
« on: September 15, 2017, 07:52:29 pm »

Pain. Shooting, terrible pain followed by a deep, oppressive darkness. This is the last thing you can recall as your eyes shoot open and you begin to realize your situation. You are suspended in a strange, translucent fluid, facing a blinking purple screen. On this screen is a black skull, bisected by the words NOX LTD. Before you can begin to even rationalize this situation, a soft, kind voice fills the pod.
"Good Morning! Welcome back! I'm Rathine, a necromancer. I'm sure you have lots of questions, but first I have some news. Good and Bad. Which would you like first?"
A quiet moment passes as you try to rationalize what is actually happening. Before you can respond, or even consider a response, she begins again:
"Bad news it is. This may be difficult, but you died. Yes, I know, crazy. Also, you are now bound to serve me. Also crazy, I know,"
she pauses for a moment, allowing the weight of her words to sink in, before continuing,
"The good news is you're alive! I brought you back, your old body and all! No need to thank me. You, my lucky friend, are a new employee of Nox LTD., the foremost mercenary band in all of Carran. After we get you out of that pod, you'll find yourself in a room with several other new employees, all with the same goals in mind. You'll be sent to wonderful new places, meet fabulous new people, kill them, and take all of their stuff! Doesn't that sound just wonderful? I'm sure this was a lot to take in, so I want to give you a moment to consider. When you're ready, just put your palm on that screen in front of you. Important to note, there's probably only five to ten minutes of air left within that pod, and if you decide you don't want to join the Nox LTD. team, you'll die of asphyxiation. Decide quickly!"
The musical tone of her voice sends shivers down your spine. You ready yourself for what lies outside, and with little choice, place your palm upon the screen. Blinding light surrounds you.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Profile Information (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:23:39 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. RTD [Accepting]
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2017, 07:53:03 pm »

The Citadel
Spoiler: Employees (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: The Store (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Stitcher (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Reliquary (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 02:00:57 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:01:49 pm »

Name: Nix
Race: Kobold
Starting Equipment: Leather armour, Dagger, Short bow
Perks: Mind vision
Bio: A devout follower of his local tribe's god, Nix sought to achieve the kobold ideal of true invisibility. To live, work, fight and die in the shadows, away from the eyes and aggression of the larger races was his goal. Seeking skill more than gold or trinkets, Nix went out into the shadows of the world, where he unfortunately met his death, as kobolds are wont to do.
Total Points used: 90/100
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2017, 08:10:07 pm »

[...]
Accepted, added to main post. Looking for 5 players to start.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2017, 10:38:03 pm »

Name: Brutus
Race: Human
Starting Equipment:
30 Steel Armor (25 armor, -5 dodge)
10 one handed ax (+1 v unarmored)
10 One handed sword (+1 v all)
20 Crossbow (2handed) (+1 v armored, -1 dodge)
10 shield (+1 block, -1 dodge)
No perks
total points used: 80/100
Bio: as the name implies, Brutus is a hulking figure - a thug of a man before his death. Being awakened to service holds no downside to the once dead, it is merely the next step in his 'life' of violence and destruction.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2017, 11:35:03 pm »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 12:22:36 am »

Name: Nabid Skullbucket
Race: Dwarf
Starting Equipment: 1-Handed Hammer (+1 Att vs Armored), Steel Armour
Perks: Magically Inclined
Bio: Nabid was born in a forsaken glacier fort, where despite expectations both he and it survived to adulthood. He dabbled in various crafts and pursuits, but with the fort already developed and dependent on trade for most materials, his primary talents lay in attending parties and consuming supplies for no real benefit. That all changed the day he spied a troll bone bracelet on the corpse of a goblin invader, and made his move. He regrets nothing.
Total Points used: 100/100
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 12:53:33 am »

Name: Reynald Smithson
Race: Human
Starting Equipment: Steel armor, 2 handed sword.
Perks: Magically Inclined
Bio: Reynald was, ironically, A undead slaying knight from a now-forgotten order. While he does seek revenge on Rathine for raising him from his grave, he fears experiencing death again and is waiting for an opening to strike at his "employer".
Total Points used: 95/100
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 01:05:52 am by Dustan Hache »
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

BlastoiseWarlorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 10:41:43 pm »

(Impatient GM is impatient, lets roll.)

Turn 0: Awakening

Once your eyes adjust to the light, you examine the room in which you stand. Several dozen pods, which are identical to the one you just exited as far as you can tell, line the walls of a rather spacious square room. The walls seem to be cast from an ebony coloured stone which reflects the flames coming up from a solitary bonfire in the center of the room. There is one exit, and next to it is a flickering screen much like the one within your pod. It crackles, and Rathine's voice echoes through the room.
"Good Morning! Welcome back, and welcome to The Citadel. This will be your new base of operations for the foreseeable future. Take a moment to gather your things from the containers located beneath the pod you just exited. It's more-or-less the gear we found on you when we recovered your corpse. The nicer pieces were sold off, of course, but we replaced most of it with some more... cost effective equipment. When you're done, head down that hallway and enter the Hub. We'll speak again there."
The screen crackles again as her voice fades away, and you are left standing there with your fellow employees.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 10:44:37 pm by BlastoiseWarlorf »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 10:48:19 pm »

"Wreched, Defiling necromancer. If my life was not bound to your service right now, I would hunt you down like the scum you are. Be glad my old weapons and armor are likely lost to the ages."
Gather my armor and weapon, and head down the hall.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Nox LTD. RTD [Turn 0: Awakening]
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 10:58:43 pm »

"I die. Why bring Nix back? Not my choice."

"No trust you."

Stick to the corners of the room, slink away and get my weapons.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 06:01:56 am »

"You both could have chosen to remain dead. She gave you that option. Me? I don't care."
Grab and equip my items, then head to the hub. ready up for mission action! Ot on ship slaughter. Whichever.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 01:21:53 pm »

"To be quite fair, I have already experienced death one time before. I would rather not have to experience it a second time so soon."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 03:17:08 pm »

"Some statues would fix that mood right up."

Grab my gear, head down the hallway. Examine craftsdwarfship of surroundings as I pass.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7